Showing results 1 to 25 of 88
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lenorel95
Forum: Quilting June 14th 09, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By lenorel95
Gel Pen for marking on dark fabric

No experience--BUT, I wouldn't use a permanent marker of any kind on a
quilt. Who knows what it will do to the quilt. It is archival for paper
only.

Lenore

"Monique in TX"...
Forum: Quilting June 14th 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By lenorel95
OT Help with pain

Have they checked your heart?

Heart problems in women are usually felt in the back.

Prayers on their way for you.

Lenore

"NightMist" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 14th 09, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By lenorel95
Losing access to newsgroup

Comcast did this a while back. I'm paying $7.99 a month for Giganews.
Great access. No problems.

Lenore

"Pauline" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 14th 09, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By lenorel95
Sewing Room Wishes

Yep! A good chair is a must. I have two, both good. One in front of the
computer, one for sewing.

I love a cutting table. It is a godsend--the right height with rulers right
there.

Bigger,...
Forum: Quilting June 9th 09, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By lenorel95
Poufing quilt top!

You have entered the Quilter's Twilight Zone where things may not be as they
appear.

Persevere and you will be rewarded at the end.

With sympathy,

Lenore
Forum: Quilting June 9th 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By lenorel95
my health (again! but noy bad)

I too take neurontin for sciatica. It targets nerve pain. Takes awhile to
start working though.

Lenore

"yvette" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 8th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By lenorel95
34 Mindblowing Examples Of Digital Art & Photomanipulation

I really liked these types of images. Are you planning to make quilts like
this? I've seen photos of art quilts like this.

Happy quilting,

Lenore

"jonathan" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting June 8th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By lenorel95
OT - more please

Prayers on their way--eat yogurt. It will help prevent the yeasties next
time.

Hang in there!

Lenore

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By lenorel95
failing quilts was How binding?

I've had a quilt "fail." As mentioned before, it was one offending fabric.
We still use the quilt carefully, but I've not even thought of replacing it.
It seems too overwhelming--king sized quilt....
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By lenorel95
failing quilts

Gee, I've washed wool quilts in cold water on the gentle cycle. It works
well. Drying happens by draping it in the garage and let it slowly dry. It
has always worked well!

"Roberta"...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 09, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By lenorel95
Quilt Delivered!

Gorgeous quilt!

"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
I made this quilt for my DGD's day care and pre-k teacher. When my DS and...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By lenorel95
Scissors???

I love Fiskars. I got a sharpener and a blade conditioner. They sharpen up
so easily--no trips to the sharpener.

"Mary" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 09, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By lenorel95
Prayers Needed

My quilting friend, Marilynn, has been moved to a hospice center. She has
been battling ovarian cancer. It has spread to her stomach. She also has
COPD. It is a toss-up as to which one will...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 09, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By lenorel95
OT and then some, a fashion question

The vinegar smell did
go away and usually it took the creases out. Sometimes scissors were
required. Polly

Did you cut the creases out?

Inquiring mind and all that.

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By lenorel95
OT and then some, a fashion question

Yes, black is awful to show every tiny shred of anything. I use the sticky
rollers to go over myself....

The side creases are from being folded during shipping. Do press them out.
Ceases aren't...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 09, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By lenorel95
Ohio Star Quilt finished

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

"John" wrote in message
Here is the patriotic color Ohio Star...
Forum: Quilting May 15th 09, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By lenorel95
OT Wedding Hell

Oh my! I was going to whine about having 4 tires slashed overnight--on all
of our cars. But, your current dilemma makes me realize I have nothing to
whine about!

Hang in there!

"NightMist"...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 09, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By lenorel95
Bags, Bags, Bags (and pictures to match)

Adorable! I'm waiting to get out of my current funk. Trying to do spring
cleaning before I totally get into quilting.

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 11th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By lenorel95
Ohio Stars and stripes.

You go guy!

Gorgeous! Who is the lucky recipient?

"John" wrote in message
On May 4, 2:17...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 09, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By lenorel95
New Photos up

On old quilts that have rust spots on them, the fabric is very brittle and
flakes away. Will the "new" rusted fabric be weaker also?

Worrier Lenore

"Sunny" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By lenorel95
Sheep quilt

Oh so adorable! The family will be thrilled with it.

Happy quilting,

Lenore

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in message
I...
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 09, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By lenorel95
Moveing I HOPE. LOL

Good luck on finding a house. Being close to family is sure important in my
eyes.

If I had to move now, I'd take what I wanted and burn the rest in the
"accidental" fire. They'd be suspicious...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By lenorel95
Corrupting Polly - was Good Deal on Fabric

What a great quilt! It is a stash buster!

Thanks for sharing it.

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
I looked...
Forum: Quilting April 29th 09, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By lenorel95
question about ripstop upgrade

What exactly are you trying to make? That makes a huge difference in what
fabric to choose.

Ripstop can be very difficult to sew with. It is slippery and nylon ravels
like crazy. All the seams...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By lenorel95
Opinions please

I think a couple more sheep would be delightful. It is a baby quilt after
all!

Let us see what you finally decide.

Happy quilting,

Lenore