Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Annette from NZ
Forum: Needlework February 10th 18, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Annette from NZ
Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

Your post prompted me to come out of lurking. I remember your articles on knot stitches in Just Cross Stitch mag. being a big help to me at the time.

I am no longer doing cross stitch, having...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 17, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Annette from NZ
How many strands of floss are the equivelant to pearl cotton size 3

On Sunday, 22 October 2017 09:06:02 UTC+13, wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:24:46 -0700 (PDT), Arliss Link
wrote:

I would guess 8 strands. I found a site that said 2 strands...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 17, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Annette from NZ
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

Both your fabrics are very pretty. If you have a big enough piece of fabric I would mount the finished piece using a pre-stretched artist canvas. (Think modern paintings where the artist paints the...
Forum: Needlework July 3rd 17, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Annette from NZ
Where is everyone?????

I been "lurking" for ages, but rain this weekend meant I finally got a few more stitches done on my "Rowan Tree" crewel kit. I have also knitted a couple of scarves.
link to a picture of one of my...
Forum: Needlework May 28th 16, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Annette from NZ
Looking for tips, tricks, and warnings on beads

Good advice from everyone else.
I have done beading on cross stitch pieces just holding the work in my hand, usually when my scroll frame is in use with something else. I would not try to put Qsnaps...
Forum: Needlework April 3rd 15, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Annette from NZ
Fringing anne cloth

I use the he stitch method but be sure you do the pulled thread and cut for the fringe edge, that makes for the neatest finish.
Forum: Needlework July 9th 10, 08:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Annette from NZ
Schooling (long)

New Zealand has, I think, a unique early school system. Legally all
children must in school or doing registered/approved home school by
the time they are six, but can start school once they are...
Forum: Needlework April 30th 10, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 18
Posted By Annette from NZ
OFF TOPIC - time for one of those questions

Hi Cheryl,

My daughter is 17 in final year of high school but has been wearing
scent since about 11 as "all" her friends were putting on deodorant
sprays after sports.
I have an intense dislike of...
Forum: Needlework April 15th 10, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Annette from NZ
Another way to use crossstitch

What a good idea Amber,definitely something to try out.
Forum: Needlework April 5th 10, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Annette from NZ
WHOO HOOOOOO BIG Happy dance!!!

Totally lovely Amber, you should be very proud of this artwork,
regards, Annette
Forum: Needlework February 18th 10, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Annette from NZ
OT - another groaner

BIG groan from me Bruce and no, I hadn't heard it before!

regards, Annette
Forum: Needlework July 30th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 19
Posted By Annette from NZ
Crazy Quilt Help for a Quilter

I think culcita is along the right track. My latin dictionary
translates it as:
mattress, stuffed (feathers/wool/hair) pillow/cushion for bed/couch

And the Romans had mosaics, the ones which have...
Forum: Needlework June 22nd 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Annette from NZ
Happy Solstice

Best WINTER solstice greetings from NZ, 41S, 173E
sunrise 7:53am, sunset 5:05pm at my place,
We have been getting some nice frosts, but no snow yet.
Regards, Annette

On Jun 22, 7:26*am, MargW...
Forum: Needlework April 28th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Annette from NZ
Handeze gloves?

I use hand eze gloves for all sorts of repetitive, detail work, around
the house, gardening and at my computer day-job.

You may also want to get your medic to check out your neck/spine
muscles. I...
Forum: Needlework March 2nd 08, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Annette from NZ
How do you store your fabric?

Hi Kathy,
I store old, embroidered table linens on cardboard tubes, and they are
fine. The rolls are covered with plain cotton (calico) covers but
staining has not been a problem. Mind you the rolls...
Forum: Needlework September 26th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Annette from NZ
is this something a haberdasher would use?

It looks too heavy-duty for haberdashery. I suspect thin metal or
perhaps gardening?
regards, Annette
Forum: Needlework September 4th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Annette from NZ
OT - grief from teenagers and cars

Many thanks for the support from those who replied to my comment in
the " To get those guys off the page. . ." thread.

I am just back from court but nothing is resolved. My son had rolled
his car...
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 07, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 30
Posted By Annette from NZ
To get those guys off the page. . .

Hi Bruce, Cheryl and Karen
Thanks for your support and I will take my son's list of achievements
with us to court to show his is not a bad kid
Hopefully he will get into the programme Justice has...
Forum: Needlework August 31st 07, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 30
Posted By Annette from NZ
To get those guys off the page. . .

My least favourite is backstitch on counted cross-stitch --- unless it
is really needed
otherwise satin stitch as I can never get it looking nice

OT - I would LOVE back to school again. My...
Forum: Needlework July 29th 07, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By Annette from NZ
Just an advice

On Jul 29, 4:34 pm, "Framboise"
wrote:
Hi there
In 2004 I published a book on traditional embroideries inspired by the Taj
Mahal; 6000 have been printed, but...
Forum: Needlework April 23rd 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Annette from NZ
small happy dance

oh well done
enjoy the next lot of stitching

regards, Annette in NZ
http://www.xstitchandbeyond.com
Forum: Needlework April 23rd 07, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Annette from NZ
stitching question

Hi Sandi,

Your old fabrics should still be OK as long as they haven't
discoloured along any folds. If so then try washing the fabric and
drying in the sun. I have stitched on 40yr old linen that I...
Forum: Needlework April 13th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Annette from NZ
Hello from a new subscriber

On Apr 11, 5:25 am, ellice wrote:
Hi Ellice,
I live in Nelson NZ (See http://nelsonnz.com/ for pretty
pictures etc)
The area has a lot of very talented artists and crafts...
Forum: Needlework April 13th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Annette from NZ
Yeah, 2 items finished

On Apr 11, 11:13 pm, "The Lady Gardener" wrote:
And, in time for the course with CA Wells this weekend.

Lovely work Joanne
and thank you for sharing your pictures.
Regards,...
Forum: Needlework April 9th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Annette from NZ
Hello from a new subscriber

Thank you for the warm welcome, Gillian, Mavia and Sue
I am working on a pulled stitch tray cloth so will get some WIP up
soon.