Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 2.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: woodswell
Forum: Needlework November 28th 11, 07:11 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By woodswell
One thing to think about if you want a real deal....

One thing to think about if you want a real deal. I found my KitchenAid on Craiglist for $40 from a young man who was selling his grandmother's stuff. I had to pay another $50 for the dough hook, but...
Forum: Needlework January 3rd 11, 08:24 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By woodswell
Here is my list for 2011: 1. Finish the Tut...

Here is my list for 2011:

1. Finish the Tut Falcon pectoral canvas bought in 1979. I finally found the right thread for it, started it over (for the third time) and it's working up fast!

2. Finish...
Forum: Needlework March 11th 10, 05:59 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By woodswell
Talking OT - Midnight knitter pulls the wool over NJ shore town

Wed Mar 10, 8:04 pm ET

WEST CAPE MAY, N.J. – Someone is spinning quite a yarn over one New Jersey shore town. An unknown person dubbed The Midnight Knitter by West Cape May residents is covering...
Forum: Needlework December 17th 09, 05:54 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By woodswell
I have more experience with forums rather than...

I have more experience with forums rather than newsgroups and prefer to read messages online. I first found this group on CraftBanter (http://www.craftbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17) and did not...
Forum: Needlework October 25th 09, 05:15 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By woodswell
Buttons and patches and the cold wind...

Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing.
~Author Unknown
Forum: Needlework October 20th 09, 06:18 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By woodswell
Cheryl, I have severe astigmatism in one eye and...

Cheryl,
I have severe astigmatism in one eye and the other is far sighted so I know exactly what you mean about wearing glasses, especially bifocals. I have worn glasses since I was five but it was...
Forum: Needlework October 7th 09, 03:26 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By woodswell
Lucille, I like using a K's Creations Lap Frame...

Lucille,
I like using a K's Creations Lap Frame more than I do my ancient Sit on It Frame. It keeps the frame more stable and can be on my lap or on a table so it works at home or at a seminar. But...
Forum: Needlework September 25th 09, 05:48 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By woodswell
I'm glad you weren't hurt worse! I've just...

I'm glad you weren't hurt worse!

I've just gotten back to stitching after surgery on my right shoulder. Since I am totally right handed, there was no way I could stitch until it was functional....
Forum: Needlework September 25th 09, 05:38 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By woodswell
I've only got a limited amount of Congress cloth...

I've only got a limited amount of Congress cloth and don't have any for doing samples. Usually that would be the best choice, of course!

I broke down and have submitted an order for the fibers that...
Forum: Needlework September 20th 09, 11:28 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By woodswell
Question Need help with older fibers

I'm trying to put together fibers for a new project on Congress Cloth - rather than buying more stuff for my stash, I am pulling older fibers out of the drawer.

I found two that are the perfect...
Forum: Needlework July 10th 09, 05:27 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By woodswell
Talking Reviving an old and VOT thread, but it reminded...

Reviving an old and VOT thread, but it reminded me of this BBC film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4
Forum: Needlework April 20th 09, 04:59 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By woodswell
Edgar Allen Poe sanctuary = Raven Haven Bees x...

Edgar Allen Poe sanctuary = Raven Haven

Bees x cannibas nectar = Funny Honey
Forum: Sewing April 7th 09, 06:17 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By woodswell
What you posted seems to be an incomplete...

What you posted seems to be an incomplete business name and address. Doing some searching found Crafts Design Works‎ , 170 Wilbur Place. Bohemia NY 11716, which is a needlework manufacturer. ...
Forum: Needlework April 7th 09, 05:46 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By woodswell
I would use DMC Light Effects in E3852 or E3821. ...

I would use DMC Light Effects in E3852 or E3821. The E 3852 is a little more brassy than the E3821 but looks closer to DMC 680 on my monitor. The Joann's close to me carried Light Effects in both...
Forum: Needlework April 3rd 09, 05:34 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By woodswell
There is a Fiber Arts section of the Craftster...

There is a Fiber Arts section of the Craftster Forums that covers spinning, weaving, felting and dyeing: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=355.0

The forums work a little bit...
Forum: Needlework March 26th 09, 03:17 PM
Replies: 28
From the number of people who have expressed...

From the number of people who have expressed concerns about allergies, it is more likely to keep us from visiting shops to buy more floss!

Anyway, we all know that no matter how much floss we have,...
Forum: Needlework March 25th 09, 06:01 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By woodswell
Thumbs down I vote no for the same reason. DMC needs to look...

I vote no for the same reason. DMC needs to look at how many products are being introduced that are scent and fragrance free or hypoallergenic. Obviously there are a lot of people with allergies...
Forum: Needlework March 1st 07, 09:06 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By woodswell
I know this is a little behind the times but I am...

I know this is a little behind the times but I am catching up on my internet time. By the way, love your books and your characters!

Japanese Embroidery works with unspun silk, called "flat silk". ...
Forum: Needlework March 1st 07, 02:18 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By woodswell
Jeanine, I don't have that particular Helen...

Jeanine,
I don't have that particular Helen Stevens book, but I do have several others that I bought at a seminar. There is no wonder that any of her books are backordered - they are all...
Forum: Needlework August 13th 06, 03:29 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By woodswell
Exclamation Needle Delights is no longer out by the bridge. ...

Needle Delights is no longer out by the bridge. That location was destroyed in the storms.

They are now in town across from one of the malls.

Go to their web site for a toll free phone number and...
Forum: Needlework June 30th 06, 01:50 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By woodswell
Linda, This place has cross stitch charts of Lake...

Linda, This place has cross stitch charts of Lake Tahoe, but I don't see a picture of what it looks like - it only shows up in the drop down menu for ordering. You might email them and ask for a...
Forum: Needlework June 6th 06, 04:41 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By woodswell
http://www.allaboutblanks.com/Hankies.htm has...

http://www.allaboutblanks.com/Hankies.htm has everything from lace edged or hemstitched to men's hankies.
Forum: Needlework May 29th 06, 07:11 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By woodswell
I just finished a needlepoint stocking, too! I'm...

I just finished a needlepoint stocking, too! I'm sending mine off to Needle Delights in Pensacola, Florida. Jeannette, the former owner and mother of the current owner, does their finishing. And the...
Forum: Needlework May 28th 06, 03:18 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By woodswell
Red face Pat, Actually, I guess Soie d' Alger has a sheen...

Pat,
Actually, I guess Soie d' Alger has a sheen rather than being shiny. If I want shiny, I'll work with metallics ;-)

But I prefer the subtle sheen of silks.
Anne
Forum: Needlework May 27th 06, 12:49 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By woodswell
Dora, I am keeping my eyes open for a good...

Dora,
I am keeping my eyes open for a good storage container. I wish I had bought one of the ones designed for storing Christmas wrapping paper last winter! It would not be wide enough for the full...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37