Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pauline
Forum: Quilting July 11th 09, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pauline
Mid-Arm Sewing/Quilting Machines

Thanks Laurie. I did go to the Sewing Machine Shop this afternoon. They
only have - on the floor anyway, the Juki & the Janome. Of course, she went
right to the embroidery machines with the...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pauline
purple square chain letter

Yeah - it's passed thru my mailbox twice. I don't do chain letters of any
sort, but when I received this from 2 different people, I sent them some
purple fabric.

Pauline
Northern California

"Pat...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 09, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
OT
Posted By Pauline
OT

Sunny's story is a true story! Shocking to say the least. At one time & I
don't know if it is still practiced, in order to convert African-Americans,
they were promised when they died that they...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Pauline
OT I don't want a do over

FWIW, last year was the year I needed a do-over. This year, (I hope I'm not
tempting fate) has gone very well, of course, if you have a bad year (or, in
my case two bad years), you're always...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 09, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Chicos Another Quilted Silk Jacket

Yes, sometimes they can be a little pricey - but watch for the sales (going
on right now). Up to 65% off many items. I'm headed over there this
afternoon.

Pauline
Northern California

"Julia in...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 09, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Chicos Another Quilted Silk Jacket

Kathy - I think Tia may be speaking about Coldwater Creek with the larger
sizes.

Pauline
Northern California

"KJ" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Chicos Another Quilted Silk Jacket

I think the largest size they carry might be a 3.5, which I think is a size
18. I can't remember if they carry petites or not. I know that Coldwater
Creek carries plus sizes (& petites). I...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 09, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Chicos Another Quilted Silk Jacket

Oh my gosh - I have to respectfully disagree with some of your conclusions
about Chico's - my most favorite clothing store on the planet! I love
bright colors & Chico's has plenty of bright...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 09, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pauline
Summer Reading

I agree Pat. Sarah's Quilt was good, but These is My Words is a really
tough act to follow. I'm sure if I had read Sarah's Quilt, I would have
been very happy with it, but These is ... is, to me,...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 09, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Pauline
Queen of Boxtops Trying to post

Hi Linda,

How did the special needs kids do with their box tops this year? I've
started saving again & I keep spreading the word.

Pauline
Northern California

"Witchystitcher" wrote...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Pauline
OT exercise? anyone?

Well, in my "old age", I've finally committed to getting some exercise. I
was always excused from PE as a kid, because I had asthma, but I grew out of
it as an adult. DH & I both joined a gym in...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Pauline
Quilting programs on DISH Network???

I have Dish net & I get Quilting Arts - I don't know what station it is on
though. I get Fons & Porter as well as Quilt in a Day, Sewing with Nancy,
Martha's Sewing Room, America Sews with Sue...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Pauline
Simple clown applique patttern

http://www.crayola.com/free-coloring-pages/search.cfm?txt_search=clowns

These clowns are just from the Crayola website, but if you type coloring
books in your search engine, it should give you...
Forum: Quilting June 15th 09, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Losing access to newsgroup

So it's all about the money, huh!!

Pauline
Northern California

"lenorel95" wrote in message
Comcast did this a while...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 09, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pauline
Recommendations for books on appliqué?

I have another book to add to your choices. Appliqué - The Basics & Beyond,
by Janet Pittman. It also covers all the different techniques & has really
good pictures for each step. I know that...
Forum: Quilting June 12th 09, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pauline
OT Help with pain

When I was recovering from my broken hip & Liam's water bowl was empty, I
filled up the pitcher I use for my Latte each morning & stood over the bowl
& poured the water in:) I almost always got...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 09, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Losing access to newsgroup

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll be checking them all out &
hopefully prepared when & if it does happen! I had not considered that the
AT & T posting to the newsgroup may have been...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 09, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Pauline
OT Help with pain

I encourage you to try icing your back. I have just recovered from 2
painful days of back pain (sciatica flared up) & if it hadn't been for my DH
nagging me to ice it, I'd probably still be...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pauline
Losing access to newsgroup

AT&T posted a message yesterday that they would no longer be supporting
Usenet groups:( :( :( I know there are alternate ways to access the
newsgroup - Google being one of them. Can anyone post...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Pauline
My quilting buddy is moving.....

About 23 years ago, my BFF moved from California to Atlanta. After a few
years, they then moved to upstate New York. I was heartbroken when she
moved, but we made a vow to see each other at least...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 09, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Pauline
OT OT OT - Changes in Mastectomy Insurance Procedures

This is important & it is a real tragedy if the insurance companies are
allowed to get away with it. I checked www.snopes.com to verify it....
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Pauline
transplantig male clothing failing quilts

When DH & I started dating, he was wearing 3 piece suits!!! (20 + years
ago) Now, he wears shorts & t-shirts. If we're going out to a "fancy"
restaurant, he wears the "dress shorts" & a Hawaiian...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Pauline
Kaffe's Tumblers

I'm a Kaffe junkie too! I'm lucky that my LQS is a Kaffe junkie too, so she
has lots & lots of his fabrics. I went to see him speak earlier this year.
I won't hold that against him - I still love...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 48
Posted By Pauline
OT Good summer books

Nightmist - I feel exactly the same way about James Michener's books! I
tried to read a couple of his books & by the time he was done describing the
blue of the ocean or the green of the leaf on...
Forum: Quilting May 27th 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pauline
Cutting Mat Carrier was ruler bag

Thanks for clarifying the difference between poster board & foam core board.
Yes, you are absolutely right - is is foam core board & Hanne is right - the
yardstick is to be used as a spacer. When...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500