Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anna Belle [email protected]
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 09, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
New rotary cutter?

Polly,
I have a Fons & Porter that I like. It covers the blade automatically
and also has a switch for "hard & soft". More or less layers.

Anna Belle

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:11:55 -0500, "Polly...
Forum: Quilting September 12th 09, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
New pictures and Question

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:11:20 -0700, "Butterflywings"
wrote:

No, you don't.
This past week, I finished a crewel work that was started when DD was a baby
(1978)....
Forum: Quilting August 26th 09, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
guild challenge ideas needed

I remember this challenge. I still have mine. A wall hhh with
chocolate. Chocolate pie, cake, brownies, hot chocolate etc.
Fun. There used to be pic of some of them through Google, but can't
find...
Forum: Quilting August 26th 09, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Guild library question

I belong to a large guild also. Over 300. Our library is in flux
since we lost our storage space.
In normal times, check out is for one month. Fines are $2 per month.
Names of delinquents are...
Forum: Quilting August 19th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 106
The K-Mart special

K Mart bought Sears (I think) a couple of years ago. Both now sell
the same brands. After or just before the buyout, a lot of K Mart
stores closed their doors.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay where we have...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
OT TROPICAL STORM WARNING

We are about 15 miles from the coast. 40 miles south of the Space
Center and about 60 mile southeast of Orlando. Their biggest danger
is the tornados that the hurricanes spawn.
Anna Belle

On Sun,...
Forum: Quilting July 11th 09, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
The Quilt Show

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:55:48 -0500, Sandy E wrote:

Howdy!

Yep, saved up the Quilt Shows to watch "when I get a chance..."
and never did. Didn't want to sit in front of the...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Did I miss this earlier?

I just had a call from a fellow quilter wanting to know if I wanted to
go to the Mancuso show in West Palm in November. After seeing these
quilts, I definitely want to go.
Anna Belle

On Tue, 30...
Forum: Quilting May 18th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
? buying Janome Jem

I am one who upgrade from the Gold to Platinum. I found the Gold very
limited in both length and width of stitches. You have three settings
and no variable. There are a lot more options on the...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Grandbaby #33

Great name!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

On Wed, 13 May 2009 10:25:18 -0600, "marigold"
wrote:

Arrived by C section this morning May 13 at 6:18 MST.

Details as I...
Forum: Quilting May 1st 09, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
OT OT

Well, we have watched puppies and we have watched Owls.
Now we can watch frogs:

http://www.mos.org/frogcam/

Think I have nothing else to do?

Anna Belle
Forum: Quilting April 29th 09, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

Hi Polly,
Not 2/3 tsp, but I have a set for "a smidgen", "a pinch" and "a dash.
Never used them, easier to do a shake.
Anna Belle

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:18:16 -0500, "Polly...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 09, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Read the Roll Call

I might just be near the last to report.

Been with RCTQ a looong time. Read every day but post seldom.

Originally from Ohio, also one of the narrow minded towns but with
narrow roads. Lived in...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 09, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
OT-since we all love living things--

This is a planter outside our County Courthouse. It is cordoned off
until the chick is out of the nest.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/scgtv-owlcam

Seems to me the Owlet eats all the time.

Anna...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
thumbles

Jack,
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.bearbasics.co.uk/products/skin-thimbles-thumbles/129/

Guess it is not plastic.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 11:58:18 +0000, Jack...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
OT Epcot

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:30:51 +0000, Lizzy Taylor
Hope you have a good time.

I'm sure we will. The weather has got to be better than here - we have
snow forecast again for next...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 09, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Quilted Diamonds - Patti

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 16:00:05 -0500, "Susan Torrens"
wrote:

There was a quilted diamond quilt at the Orlando quilt show today. She had
designed her own patterns and layout....
Forum: Quilting January 17th 09, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Cocoa and quilting

Kate,
A gift from DS #1 was a tin of bittersweet chocolate shavings. Along
with a box of chocolate marshmallows. The shavings are mixed with hot
mild and the mallows taste like home made.
We are in...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 08, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
One more (well actually two) bunny request!

I also bought the color iron from Westinghouse and it developed a hot
spot. Scorched and melted a couple of things. Contacted the company
and was sent a brand new iron within days. It is a Black...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
grab & sew

Sorry, not willing to share right now. I have been gifted in the
past, once really well. Mail carrier asked if I wanted fabric. I
thought more scraps. She showed up with 17 boxes from a...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 08, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
grab & sew

Oh, I love scraps also. Keep most that are not likely to be replaced
or duplicated. BUT!!! sometimes I think the more well known in he
quilting world you become, the more people think they have to...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
grab & sew

Just about the only way I have found to win a partial battle with
scraps is to find a new quilter and start them on the way to battling
scraps. Emptied only part of one bine last time I gave away...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
OT bobbin thingy

In the hint section of Fons & Porter, they suggested using the
reinforcemnts (like on notebook paper) stuck on the side of the bobbin
to hold the thread. Sounds good to me, especially since they are...
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 08, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Buttons.....

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 00:06:05 -0500, Tia Mary
wrote:

some clipping occured he

OH -- another FYI when sewing buttons to garments that hare heavy.
You need to be sure...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
uh oh, brainwave - curved needles

Claudia,

Collins makes and sells packages of curved needles made just for quilt
basting and other things. Most stores carry them. Even JoAnn's if
you are brave enough to try to shop there. They...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124