Search: Posts made by: Joan Erickson
Forum: Needlework Yesterday, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Joan Erickson
A finish!

Yaaay! I finished my Victorian House, washed & ironed it and dropped it
off at Michael's, where the frame has been waiting for about 2 weeks. I
should get it back in a day or 2. Will post pics...
Forum: Needlework November 6th 17, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Joan Erickson
Too funny!

On 11/5/2017 12:01 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

My hubby also calls my stitching "needlepoint," and my floss "twine." I have tried to correct him on his terminology to no avail. Awhile back he told...
Forum: Needlework November 6th 17, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Joan Erickson
Too funny!

On 11/4/2017 8:55 AM, wrote:

I hope you took DHs temperature to check that he is okay ? Not ailing
in some way.

Yeah, I should have! The thought did run quickly through...
Forum: Needlework November 3rd 17, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Joan Erickson
Too funny!

Had to share this with people "in the know"!

On Craig's list there was a post for embroidery thread for sale (this
was amazing just for the fact DH showed it to me, when he's always
saying I don't...
Forum: Needlework November 1st 17, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Joan Erickson
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

On 10/31/2017 2:28 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Maybe check for petit point patterns. IIRC, those are all stitched over
one. I know there are a lot of jewelry patterns.

Excellent...
Forum: Needlework October 26th 17, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Joan Erickson
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

On 10/24/2017 2:06 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

As to whether or not 1 over 1 stitching is something I'm going to like, I think I'll try it with a small, simple pattern first.
Maybe check for...
Forum: Needlework October 24th 17, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan Erickson
New DMC colors

On 10/23/2017 5:28 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

In my defense, I did finish two things last week:

Forum: Needlework October 24th 17, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Joan Erickson
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

On 10/23/2017 5:10 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

At 18 ct. I would use petite beads, which I don't think would really fit
if you did it 1 over 1.

Thanks Joan for your input! You know I...
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 17, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan Erickson
New DMC colors

On 10/17/2017 2:22 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

On that link you posted Joan, DMC has a "kits" tab you can click on which peaked my curiosity. Of course I had to find the most whimsical, cutest...
Forum: Needlework October 23rd 17, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Joan Erickson
Questions about 36ct fabric; plys of thread & bead size?

On 10/22/2017 11:53 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:

I bought the pattern for Mirabilia's Petal Fairy, see it he
Forum: Needlework October 17th 17, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Joan Erickson
New DMC colors

Hi all,

I just got an email that said DMC is coming out with 35 new colors! You
can get them in a special tin now or wait until Nov. 1 when the new
colors are launched (think I'll wait!). Here's...
Forum: Needlework October 11th 17, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 10/10/2017 2:21 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

I hope you enjoy it...I just love mine. It takes a lot of tinkering/adjusting to find the ergonomic sweet spot in the beginning, so don't get...
Forum: Needlework October 11th 17, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Joan Erickson
A Finish!

On 10/10/2017 10:17 AM, wrote:

You could change the colours anyway - easy to do if you lay them out
so you can see they blend together nicely.

Very true and which I will...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 17, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 10/8/2017 11:12 AM, sharoncapps wrote:

http://kustomkrafts.com/shop/images/9975.jpg

That is the one. It will be cute when finished. Lots of confetti
stitches but still is going to...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 17, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 10/7/2017 6:18 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

I was asking my husband if maybe he'd like to get the thread pack for me for Xmas, and he said, "oh hun, Xmas is so far away, you'll probably run of...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 17, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 10/5/2017 11:51 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing. It cost $25 to enter projects in our fair,
but the winner only gets $3.
YIKES! At least there's no cost to *enter* ours.

Forum: Needlework October 10th 17, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Joan Erickson
A Finish!

On 10/7/2017 9:10 PM, Violet Stitches wrote:

Seeing your sampler inspired me to buy three patterns in this
series: The Green Earth, Crystal Blue Waters, and Crimson Fire.
That should keep me...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 17, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 9/30/2017 3:18 PM, sharoncapps wrote:
I didn't go because I just didn't want to fight the crowds and I don't
really need anything right now. I wonder if they intend to have the
online store...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 17, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 9/30/2017 9:22 PM, Arliss Link wrote:
Well, it was a madhouse, and I'm not fond of crowds, so I was happy
to get out. Joan went back after lunch, but I decided to hit the road
for the 3 hour...
Forum: Needlework October 4th 17, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 9/27/2017 11:15 AM, Violet Stitches wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 2:58:09 PM UTC-5, sharoncapps wrote:

I'm 44 and all of my friends think stitching is an "old lady hobby."
Hey, I...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 17, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Nordic Needle

On 9/25/2017 11:53 PM, jinx the minx wrote:
sharoncapps wrote:
I was stunned when I got my mail today and I had an invitation from Nordic
Needle for a closing sale....
Forum: Needlework September 8th 17, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Joan Erickson
A Finish!

On 9/1/2017 8:23 AM, wrote:

OK I have posted some poor pics to rctnp - you will find in Sheena's
album. I had to use a flash on my great grandmothers sampler - I can
Forum: Needlework August 15th 17, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Where is everyone?????

On 8/11/2017 12:19 PM, D J wrote:

I totally agree, stitching is more important!
What's that old saying, "Stitch when you're young and frame them when you're retired."
And that's been my...
Forum: Needlework August 15th 17, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Joan Erickson
New stash!

On 8/12/2017 7:25 AM, Rich wrote:

I have over a hundred books and magazines. At least 6 sets of scroll
rods, 2 Q-snap frames. I big pile of DMC and Anchor threads. Some
fabric... I have 160...
Forum: Needlework August 15th 17, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Joan Erickson
Where is everyone?????

On 8/14/2017 7:22 AM, Victoria Rain wrote:

Hey Sheena! Nice to hear from you. I forgot to send a group email to people I knew with my new email address and info. We did sell out house in Austin...