Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.58 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: CaroleD-Retired and Loving It
Forum: Quilting January 31st 15, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
It's been a long time...

I just sent two boxes to Jill from Critter Comforts. She's still helping
those shelter animals!

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D
-(,,)---(,,)-

"amy in SoCal" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting May 17th 14, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
is anyone left here?

One thing about the Facebook group. You do NOT have to friend anybody. You
don't have to see what your relatives are posting if they aren't your
"friends" on Facebook. You don't have to post ANY...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 14, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
is anyone left here?

I'm here, too, checking in every couple of days. I think the fact that we
don't have photo capability here has sent a lot to Facebook and it's hard to
remember to check both places. I do...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 14, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
hug quilts thoughts

I know that Kate still is in charge of the HUGS list. I just don't remember
seeing that particular request come through. I have a few orphan blocks and
I would be glad to pick one to send for your...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 14, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
hug quilts thoughts

I didn't get any request for blocks either, and I've been in the last
several directories and am on the Facebook group and Hug List as well.

Carole D

Thanks Louise for the info on HUG quilts. I...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 14, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Blueberry Muffins

LOL! Jeanne doesn't show us any pictures of quilts SHE makes when she's on
Facebook, but she loves to see pictures of the quilts the rest of us post
pictures of, especially if they have any lime...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 14, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
HELP needed for old Noah's Ark cross stitch baby quilt.

Sorry, I can't help with this one. It sounds really cute, though. Hope you
can find the instructions you need!

Carole D
Forum: Quilting January 19th 14, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
what are u working on?

I got a little bored finishing those Scrap Scramble January blocks from
Carol Doak, too, because they took a long time. But now that I have them
done, I really love how they look. I wonder if...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 14, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
what are u working on?

I've just finished making the top and piecing the backing for Bonnie
Hunter's mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice. I'm also participating in Carol
Doak's Scrap Scramble mystery, and in the RCTQ mystery...
Forum: Quilting December 5th 13, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Someone's at the door... OT too quiet

I still am a member of the Carol Doak Yahoo group. I don't post much but
I've done a lot of the projects. I'm a little behind on my Scrap Scramble,
having not had time to do the latest, and I...
Forum: Quilting September 19th 13, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Been on a trip

We did have a fantastic time and it made me realize how wonderful nature in
its pure form can be!

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D - Retired and Loving It
-(,,)---(,,)-
Forum: Quilting September 16th 13, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Been on a trip

It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. If it hadn't been a
prize that my daughter won, I could never have afforded to do such a thing!
:)

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D - Retired...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 13, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Been on a trip

My daughter works for National Geographic Expeditions and she won this trip
for two in a work contest. I was lucky enough to be able to accompany her.

I've posted my pictures...
Forum: Quilting September 12th 13, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Been on a trip

I got a phone message saying I hadn't posted much on RCTQ lately, but I
don't know if it involved the newgroup or the Facebook group. Anyway, I'm
here! I've just returned from a two week...
Forum: Quilting August 7th 13, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
OT - Chocolate cupcake recipe?

Usually you just use regular chocolate cake batter and pour it into muffin
tins to bake, rather than finding a recipe specifically for cupcakes.

Muffins have a coarser consistency and often aren't...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 13, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Craftsy?

I've taken several of the classes and have enjoyed most of them. Do you do
any paper piecing? Carol Doak's paper piecing class is good! I also enjoy
Leah Day's classes.

^.....^
(=' * '=)...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 13, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Quilts in Movies...

I still check in here a couple of times a week, but I am also on Facebook.
I would never know what was going on with my grandchildren otherwise!

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D - Retired and...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 13, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Binding query...

Unless the edges of your quilt are curved, you don't have to use bias
binding at all. I do almost all of mine with straight edge binding.

^.....^
(=' * '=) Carole D
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18