Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 3.78 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nancy2
Forum: Quilting September 16th 10, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Nancy2
Cleaning my old Singer sm

On Sep 15, 4:30*pm, "J*" wrote:
In fact, most Singer sewing machines have no value at all (in
terms of being "vintage" or "antique" - the term "boat anchor" comes
up...
Forum: Quilting September 16th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Nancy2
Cleaning my old Singer sm

On Sep 15, 4:24*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Leslie, don't do much until you hear from Irene too. *She may want to toss
in some other ideas. *And beggin' Miss Nancy's pardon,...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 10, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Nancy2
Sometimes I Wish There Really Were Quilt Police

On Sep 15, 11:28*am, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
Ah, a good happy ending to the story!
Barbara in SC

A sad ending: When my mom was pregnant with my sister (she's 60...
Forum: Quilting September 15th 10, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Nancy2
Cleaning my old Singer sm

On Sep 15, 2:09*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
My poor ol' 1950 Singer 15-91 spent 3 years in the garage with Missouri's
heat and cold and high humidity. *It...
Forum: Quilting September 14th 10, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Nancy2
OT Truths for Mature Humans- humor

On Sep 14, 2:17*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I can answer #5. *Fitted sheets do not have to be folded. *You just mush
them into a reasonably flat hunk, wrap it firmly with...
Forum: Quilting September 8th 10, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Nancy2
OT My 60th b-day- Ugh!

On Sep 7, 3:28*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
I just got home with my gift from me to me! *Celebrating (?!?!?) this
milestone needed a very special 'something',...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Nancy2
free patterns

On Sep 1, 5:55*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

http://www.connectingthreads.com/patterns/Free_Quilting_Patterns__L60...
ml?showAll=yes

or from Tiny Earl:
Forum: Quilting August 25th 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Nancy2
Strip Rail Fence Question and Quilting Now?

On Aug 25, 12:55*pm, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
There's a slight problem with backstitching: it makes the seam line a
teensy bit bulkier so it takes up a teensy bit more fabric when you
Forum: Quilting August 25th 10, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Nancy2
Strip Rail Fence Question and Quilting Now?

On Aug 25, 8:17*am, Bonnie Patterson
wrote:
You can always backstitch to lock your stitiching. Make smaller
stitches too.

I work FT so am an occasional quilter...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 10, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Posted By Nancy2
Strip Rail Fence Question and Quilting Now?

On Aug 22, 9:59*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
What are you stitching just now?
* * I have a jungle symphony on the design wall: *lions and tigers and
bears. *An elephant, 3...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 10, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Nancy2
A Most Girly Tote

On Aug 16, 2:24*pm, John wrote:
On Aug 16, 3:10*pm, Nancy2 wrote:

On Aug 16, 1:06*pm, John wrote:

Forum: Quilting August 16th 10, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Nancy2
A Most Girly Tote

On Aug 16, 1:06*pm, John wrote:
Here is, as the name suggests, a girly tote. One of three things I am
doing as a fund raiser for one of my wife's girly groups. They...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 10, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Nancy2
Just because they are hard to find

On Aug 13, 8:22*pm, NightMist wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 23:20:00 +0100, Jo Gibson wrote:
On 13/08/2010 21:35, NightMist wrote:

A lot of times anyway...

I...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 10, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nancy2
Fabric shopping - credit card theft

On Aug 13, 12:10*pm, Anna Belle wrote:
Our DS 2 has credit cards but almost never uses them. *
We decided to have a family get away over the holidays. *He was in a
position...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 10, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nancy2
Fabric shopping - credit card theft

On Aug 13, 4:36*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Interesting! Glad your bank was alert. It might not be an actively
criminal employee, maybe just a leaky website.
Thanks for the reminder to...
Forum: Quilting August 12th 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Nancy2
A Question of needles?

On Aug 12, 1:19*pm, NightMist wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:46:46 -0700, John wrote:
A friend of my wife, has asked me about sewing machine needles and a
particular...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 10, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Nancy2
Speaking of Walmart (was Easy Quilt Question)

On Aug 9, 7:53*pm, "Cindy Schmidt" wrote:
Maybe someone can explain this to me because I am sooooooo confused.

Ok, so Wal-mart has gone across the country and taken out...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17