Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: vanmier[_2_]
Forum: Yarn October 2nd 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
glow in the dark yarn

Mary,

Bernat just released a glow-in-the-dark yarn.
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=glowinthedark

Hope this helps,
Christy

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn June 1st 08, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
OT 35% elected ..............

Thanks Georgia and Noreen!

I'm not very good at remembering Presidents and history. *lol*

I believe that it was said that he thought the wild turkey was a more
nobler creature than the bald eagle....
Forum: Yarn June 1st 08, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
OT 35% elected ..............

Was it George Washington or Thomas Jefferson that wanted the wild
turkey *chuckle* for the national bird? I forget.

Christy

.
Mirjam,
How wonderful for Israel then, to finally HAVE a...
Forum: Yarn May 10th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
weather knitting = WIND??

Mirjam,

I have seen pictures of old tapestries that use swirls to represent
wind. I don't know if swirls can be knitted though.

Christy

wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn May 7th 08, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
mix Bamboo + wool ???

Mirjam

The only mix of bammboo I have seen (and touched) is Bernat Bamboo.
Content: 86% Bamboo 12% Acrylic 2% Polyester
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=bamboo
It is soooo soft. I would very...
Forum: Yarn April 11th 08, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
love and money looms: A correction

Sherrie,

*smacking forehead* I knew I wasn't thinking it right. When
doing the knot work, when you go down through the open spaces don't
let the yarn go all the way through. Keep back a...
Forum: Yarn April 11th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Attn: Carol in WI

Carol,

Have you found a stuffed animal net pattern yet? If you are
still in need of one, please let me know. : )

Christy
Forum: Yarn April 11th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
love and money looms

Sherrie,

If I remember them correctly, there should be a peg marked
"Start here" and has an arrow pointing to the peg to start with. If
not, then holding your loom with a flat side up (and...
Forum: Yarn February 19th 08, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Blocking question

Mary,

Not lace per say, but mostly for filet. I have a couple of pieces
that need blocking and stiffening and was just wondering how to go
about it.

Christy
"Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)"...
Forum: Yarn February 17th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Blocking question

Now that I have found some thick foam mats to use...I have a question.
When blocking a rectangle or square shape piece, do you start at one
edge and work to the other? Or do you start in the...
Forum: Yarn February 14th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

"Leah" wrote in message

Christy

Sorry I missed that you were a crocheter! I also crochet. I've
used
Forum: Yarn February 12th 08, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

Leah,

I'm not a knitter. I can't quite get the hang of it. *lol*

Christy

"Leah" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

Leah,

I don't think I've really thought about cotton on a large scale. I
usually only use cotton in the form of crochet cotton, for wall hangings and
dollies and such. The local craft shop,...
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Reverse single crochet?

"Leah" wrote in message
The way I was taught how to do reverse sc I was taught is also called
"crab stitch". ...
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Reverse single crochet?

wrote in message
Found another description !!!!

In Module Magic By Ginger Luters , Xrx books,...
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Reverse single crochet?

wrote in message

Christy i just sit here with Liz Pauldan`s CROCHET History and
Techniques on my...
Forum: Yarn February 9th 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Reverse single crochet?

Good evening/morning.

I have a question about a reverse (American) single crochet.

I have two books that describe a reverse sc, but they are completely
different in their directions. One says,...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

wrote in message

ps i can`t touch acrylic brrrrr
mirjam

Acrylic is, unfortunately, the most...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Honest question here

"myswendy" wrote in message

Most people usually make them out of sugar/peaches and cream or Lion
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

wrote in message

Sorry for the late reply Mirjam. We have been without phone service since
Forum: Yarn February 4th 08, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

wrote in message

Well Done Christy !!!! what colors are you using ?
mirjam

Sorry for the late reply...
Forum: Yarn February 1st 08, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
another one on the circular

wrote in message
Yes you all know what i mean !!!,,, as i went to town yesterday and
the other...
Forum: Yarn January 30th 08, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Crochet Pattern Help, Please

wrote in message

When working remaining Flowers, keep unworked ch-4 to WRONG side.

Or is this...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 08, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Leg Warmers : Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...

Unfortunately, I can't crochet worth beans, although I can do...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 08, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By vanmier[_2_]
Leg Warmers : Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message news:479bc156$0
Or just give leg warmers a miss entirely.

I actually need them, or I wouldn't be trying to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58