Showing results 1 to 25 of 168
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Other Kim
Forum: Yarn July 31st 09, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By The Other Kim
Babies! Lots of Babies!

Murielle wrote:

Oops! This was supposed to be on the "anyone working on a project?"
thread.

Heh, wouldn't be the first time someone posted to the wrong thread g

Good on the baby blankets. ...
Forum: Yarn January 1st 09, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By The Other Kim
Happy New 2009 to all

Mirjam wrote:

Happy new 2009 to all of you ,
mirjam

Happy New Year to all, and may your stash be enhanced beyond your
wildest dreams g

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom
Forum: Yarn November 28th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By The Other Kim
Socks

Juno wrote:

I started out with this yarn:
http://www.woolneedlework.com/Yarn/Supersocke_Tropic_Colors.shtml
and #2 needles. Now I'm using a worsted weight and # 4 needles. On my
next pair...
Forum: Yarn November 14th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By The Other Kim
Help with Circular Needle Cable Length

Michele wrote:

Is there some rule of thumb for determining the length you need? I'm
down to a 16" cable but didn't take into account the length of the
needles. The only smaller set I could...
Forum: Yarn May 17th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By The Other Kim
Swallowtail Shawl

Laura wrote:

This was my first "real" lace. Every time I walk into the dining room
where it is blocking I am amazed that I knit it. I've seen so many
gorgeous pictures of other people's...
Forum: Yarn May 17th 08, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By The Other Kim
Summer of Socks 2008

LauraJ wrote:

How did you like the Sock Wars pattern? A couple people in SoS have
said they are currently doing Sock Wars and didn't enjoy the pattern
and are hoping to be killed off soon. ...
Forum: Yarn May 15th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By The Other Kim
Summer of Socks 2008

Laura wrote:

I don't recall seeing anyone post about this but forgive me if I just
don't remember. If anyone is interested in doing a sock knit-along
with, oh, like 1000 other people this...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 08, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By The Other Kim
Knitting in Public

Mirjam wrote:

On Apr 4, 5:44 pm, "The Other Kim" wrote:
Bernadette wrote:
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:16:38 +0000, Murielle wrote:

I know there's a special day for that,...
Forum: Yarn April 4th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By The Other Kim
Knitting in Public

Bernadette wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:16:38 +0000, Murielle wrote:

I know there's a special day for that, but I may have missed it.
Anyway,
I was knitting in the car, knitting in...
Forum: Yarn March 26th 08, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 35
Posted By The Other Kim
A Question of Yarn ... Swatch and Beyond!

Murielle wrote:

Well, I did *two* swatches. The pattern calls for 3 1/4mm and 4mm
needles. So I did a swatch for each size. The 3 1/4mm needles didn't
produce the correct gauge, but the...
Forum: Yarn March 7th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 41
Posted By The Other Kim
OT from Noreen

Dennis, thank you for posting this.

Noreen, I'll keep you in my thoughts...

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

"Spike Driver" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By The Other Kim
Honest question here

Wendy wrote:

Hi everyone,
I have been wondering about this for quite a while--I know many, many
folks love to make dishcloths, washcloths, etc, and many say it's
habit-forming. My question...
Forum: Yarn January 23rd 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By The Other Kim
plus-size styles?

Wendy wrote:

Interesting you should mention that....I'm not anywhere near a perfect
size, so I feel I can't wear many of the very lovely items I see being
created. That's sad but true. Any thoughts...
Forum: Yarn January 23rd 08, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By The Other Kim
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

No little thingies showed up. I'll try to make this logical.

Wendy wrote:

"Transcription business"? Me too! That is, I'm an editor these days,
for the most part. Work for Medware. What's your...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By The Other Kim
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Melinda wrote:

Here I was, just having admired that Hanami shawl and complimenting
the knitter, stating that I wished I could knit so well, because I
can't even knit 10 rows of plain...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By The Other Kim
Argh!

So I told myself that this year I was going to take care of some UFOs
that have been languishing for a year or so. The first one I decided to
tackle was the lacy cardigan I was working on when I...
Forum: Yarn January 10th 08, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By The Other Kim
OT Prayer request

"Mystified One" wrote in message
One of my coworkers has a 2-year-old son who has a serious respiratory
Forum: Yarn December 21st 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By The Other Kim
Merry Christmas!

Murielle wrote:

Hope you all have a safe, peaceful happy holiday.

Well, back at'cha, sweetie!

Here's hoping for a year of peace and good things for all.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom
Forum: Yarn December 14th 07, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By The Other Kim
One for Pastafarians everywhere

Lee wrote:

"The Other Kim" wrote in
:

I would assume so. Once I'm done with all the holiday
knitting I'm gonna see what I have...
Forum: Yarn December 14th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By The Other Kim
One for Pastafarians everywhere

Wendy wrote:

On Dec 11, 6:13 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"The Other Kim" wrote in

How...
Forum: Yarn December 11th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By The Other Kim
One for Pastafarians everywhere

Lee wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in
:

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn December 11th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By The Other Kim
Knitting Magazine advice

There are several online magazines too that are pretty good. One is
monthly at www.magknits.com, another really good onecomes out
quarterly at www.knitty.com

Knitty rocks! I...
Forum: Yarn December 10th 07, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By The Other Kim
One for Pastafarians everywhere

How about a knitted Flying Spaghetti Monster???

http://lunastrixae.blogspot.com/2006/01/fsm-sighted.html

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom
Forum: Yarn December 9th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By The Other Kim
Knitting Magazine advice

Scott wrote:

Ok, thanks for the info! She already mentioned that she doesnt like
Vogue, so that's out before we even start :) I just found an
Australian mag called Yarn that could be OK. I...
Forum: Yarn December 7th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 43
Posted By The Other Kim
Subversiv syslöjd rides again!

Mary wrote:

"Diana" wrote in message

Clearly an imagination is a dangerous thing. . .

Yes., Two of our boys...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 168