Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fey
Forum: Quilting September 26th 06, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Fey
Doing the Happy Dance! New Machine!!!!

Diane F. wrote:
Became the proud owner of a gently used Memory Craft 6500 today! I'm having
so much fun playing right now. Local dealer made me an offer I couldn't
refuse....ok I could...
Forum: Quilting September 25th 06, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Fey
What I made today!

mini Mini wrote:
Today I made 48 blocks for a lap quilt for my grandmother!!! Yes, TODAY!!!!
I love the bright colours! Did you eat at all? You must have been up
before dawn!

I think the size...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Fey
OT Aussies please help!

Cats wrote:
Oh thank heavens I am not the only one who doesn't like
them!! Fay - we will have to form a very exclusive club.

Weeell, I'd like to be in an exclusive club... Can anyone join?

Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Fey
OT Aussies please help!

Hanne Gottliebsen wrote:

What are your pavlovas like, since they are uniquely Australian? In the
UK pavlovas are quite common, but maybe this is not the some thing?

Puzzled Hanne in...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Fey
OT Aussies please help!

Apest wrote:
Hi!

My brother came back last week from his elightening 3 months trip to
queensland and brought from there also a pack of chocolate cookies so
nice, it sounded something like...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Fey
Pics of little finish.

Ok, I think I worked out the stupid camera in my phone. It always looks
like I have the DTs when I take 'em.
Anyhow here's the second bag I finished today. The other one is in the
wash to fray the...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 07:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Fey
Back and sewing

Carolyn McCarty wrote:
Congrats on getting back to sewing, Fey! By all means call in and say you
feel too good to come to work today........or tomorrow......or the rest of
the week. LOL. ...
Forum: Quilting September 20th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Fey
Back and sewing

Hi Punters,

The In-Laws have returned home, the house is cleaned and my sewing room
has resurfaced. First thing to do was make sure they didn't take home
any of my stash and ensuring it was warm and...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Fey
WIP's and UFO's

I've been needleworking in one form or another over 30 years. I still
have some waiting to be framed from over 10 years ago. There are
countless kits, charts etc whispering, cajoling and teasing from...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 06, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Fey
quilty happy stagger...

Done it.
Bound and labelled and put on the bed.
Pictures not yet forthcoming, have to get DH to do it when the In-laws
go home. It looks just like a beginners learning quilt. But It's Mine
and...
Forum: Sewing September 6th 06, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Fey
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

Hi Ken,
This link has some interesting and informative stuff about London and
fabric/textiles.
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/travel/london.htm
Cheers,
Fay

Kenneth wrote:
We too are in London 13...
Forum: Yarn September 6th 06, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Fey
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

Hi Ken,
This link has some interesting and informative stuff about London and
fabric/textiles.
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/travel/london.htm
Cheers,
Fay

Kenneth wrote:
We too are in London 13...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 06, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Fey
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

Hi Ken,
This link has some interesting and informative stuff about London and
fabric/textiles.
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/travel/london.htm
Cheers,
Fay

Kenneth wrote:
We too are in London 13...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Fey
On the last lap. Cheer me on quilters!

I have 7/8 of the binding to hand sew on my house quilt. On top of this
I have to get the place cleaned, mopped and tidied for the MIL/SIL,
make a batch of bread, mix up some more muesli and clean...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 06, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Fey
Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

Pat in Virginia wrote:
WTG, Fay!! Does your new 'child' have a
name yet? PAT

I'm supposed to name them?
Well the other one might be named, "You mongrel B*%^@~ of a machine!"

Perhaps I should...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 06, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Fey
Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Yee-Haw!

Great story, Fay.
Congrats on the Janome,
and a mom who understands. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 06, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Fey
Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

Marcella Peek wrote:

Did you know there's a Yahoo group for owners of that and the 6600
machine? We're fun and lots of great help too.

marcella
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 06, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Fey
Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

Had to take a break to get the house quilt sorted.
Finished the top and basted it to some batting and a backing fabric. I
have started in on the quilting. Now for the good part. I was
struggling with...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 06, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Fey
Memory Quilt help Please!

joysjane wrote:
All right, you asked for it!!! He is busy cleaning and selling off his
beloved stuff, which includes very high end stereo equipment and three mini
coopers (we sold one already...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 06, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Fey
OT - all of it irrelevant including the Census

Cats wrote:
Last night was Census night in Australia, so we have all
been herded, counted and categorised. As I used to work for
the Bureau of Stats I dutifully did my bit. But I was
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 06, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Fey
Finished something!

Maria in NC wrote:

I actually set a new personal record with this one, I finished it in
only two days!
We got invited to a birthday party and I decided rather suddenly that I
would like to...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 06, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Fey
House quilt - a question

I'm about half way through piecing my quilt top.
This will leave me about 1 month before it needs to be warming my
relatives.
So, I am thinking about the quilting. I will be using a fairly low...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 06, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Fey
WIP house quilt

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

I don't know if it's too late for you to do this. If not, then iron
on the backing BEFORE you cut the blocks to size and square them up.

I have...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 06, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Fey
WIP house quilt

Jessamy wrote:
It's lovely Few! and looking at the speed with which you embroidered the
houses I'm sure you can do it!

question: have you already cut all the fabric?
if you have or not...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 06, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Fey
Happy Dance - small, but finished.

Cats wrote:
It's been a long time since I could say that I have finished
something. But today -

Love your cats, both real and stitched!

Hope you've had some wet stuff out of the sky out...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30