Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marion Bowles
Forum: Quilting August 19th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Marion Bowles
OT Small town airports

In article ,
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Nearest to that I've been in recent years was the airport at Malatya
Forum: Quilting May 15th 08, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Marion Bowles
English paper piecing.

Marion,

What do you mean by oversewing? The whipstitching pieces together, or what?

After some more practice at holding pieces, it doesn't seem as awkward
as it did at first...
Forum: Quilting May 14th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Marion Bowles
English paper piecing.

In article g0f75k$bqb$1@qmul, Hanne Gottliebsen
wrote:

Hanne in London

So far, I have been sewing together each section (of 6 half-hexes in
three...
Forum: Quilting April 19th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By Marion Bowles
OT do you love to bake?

In article ,
"Roberta Zollner" wrote:

This is all true, but I just have this prejudice against leftovers. I love
starting fresh with every...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 07, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Marion Bowles
What's on your (quilt-related) Christmas list?

In article ,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

Speed is good in some areas, I guess, but for piecing, applique and FM
quilting,...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 07, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Marion Bowles
Healthy Recipes

In article ,
kanghuaiqiang wrote:

Don't know what to eat? Why not try some of these healthy recipes.
These...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 07, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Marion Bowles
Salad Recipes

In article ,
wrote:

The internet offers many sites of salad recipes, which each one of
them contains a broad diverse...
Forum: Quilting June 23rd 07, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Marion Bowles
Patchwork with a Serger (was Handy Hints)

In article ,
Pati Cook wrote:

That said, a serger does sew a lot faster than most home sewing machine.
For a fast...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 07, 11:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Marion Bowles
music theory pattern

: I imagine colouring the triangles in 12 different colours
: in a wheel according to the circle of fifths, with some
: added feature to distinguish the major and minor ones.
: Not sure where you...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Marion Bowles
music theory pattern

(Actually Jack Campin here, my computer is under a dust cover at the
moment).

Music theory geeks only. Take a look at this:

http://www.milesokazaki.com/majortriads.html

It does more than he says,...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 07, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Marion Bowles
Red rick-rack?

In article ,
Johanna Gibson wrote:

Help! I can't find it anywhere, and I need about 8 yards of it for
this wallhanging I...
Forum: Yarn September 6th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Marion Bowles
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

In article ,
"Fey" wrote:

Hi Ken,
This link has some interesting and informative stuff about London and
Forum: Sewing September 6th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Fey" wrote:

Hi Ken,
This link has some interesting and informative stuff about London and
Forum: Quilting September 6th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn