Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 1.30 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sparky
Forum: Quilting September 7th 06, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Sparky
OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

But you *are* offending these women! They don't want to think about
real issues - they just want to go oogie boogie woogie over Irwin, as
if he had any special talents (other than foolishness and a...
Forum: Quilting September 7th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Sparky
OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

Why on earth should anyone who wants to participate NOT be in this
group? And why do you need credentials?

I honestly cannot believe the intolerant and clicquish attitude of some
of the silly women...
Forum: Yarn September 6th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Sparky
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

"You'd be lucky ..... nobody knits in London anymore ...if you're in to

cardmaking you might have a chance but not a lot else ... "

Wow, not my experience at all, at all. Try John Lewis for fabric...
Forum: Sewing September 6th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Sparky
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

"You'd be lucky ..... nobody knits in London anymore ...if you're in to

cardmaking you might have a chance but not a lot else ... "

Wow, not my experience at all, at all. Try John Lewis for fabric...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 06, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Sparky
London/belgravia district: yarn and fabric stores

"You'd be lucky ..... nobody knits in London anymore ...if you're in to

cardmaking you might have a chance but not a lot else ... "

Wow, not my experience at all, at all. Try John Lewis for fabric...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Sparky
Preparing cotton batting?

"None of this lightly stuff either. I just slap it on the ironing
board like I do the fabric and away I go."

Wow, I like your attitude. I iron fabric like a teamster, too. So
maybe I'll try it...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Sparky
Preparing cotton batting?

Dear all,

I've just finished piecing a civil war era top, and I want to use
cotton batting. I've had only limited experience with cotton batting,
most in regard to wall hangings. This will be the...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 05:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Sparky
OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

Okay, this really is just TOO Freaking much. I posted ONE sentence and
suddenly both of you want to tell me how I feel, how I *should* feel,
how I write and how I should write, the deficiiencies in...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Sparky
OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

Sweetie, I can tell you're upset, but you've really jumped to a lot of
wrong conclusions based on one comment I made which wasn't even
directed at you. I'm going to suppose you're suffering deeply...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 61
Posted By Sparky
OT Steve Irwin Croc Hunter Killed

"And him with two small children."

Can we learn more about the woman who decided he was a good choice to
be a husband and a father?
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Sparky
Grrr - sewing but not strictly quilting related

"Just be happy that there is not a string hanging out of the cat"

So that's happened to other people's cats too?
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sparky
needle breaking

I had that problem when I first got my Janome 6600, which I
(mistakenly) expected to be as rugged as, say, a cheap Singer from
Walmart. Boy was I disappointed, but that's another story.

I was using...
Forum: Quilting September 5th 06, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By Sparky
I have not made a quilt afterall!

That's a quilt, not a tapestry! (And well done!) What if the Minister
decided to call it a cream puff? Would you have to agree to that too?
(I'd like to see all the "tapestries" he's made. . ....
Forum: Quilting September 4th 06, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Sparky
cleaning/reorganizing studio

Keeping my sewing room tidy and comfortable is something I do for *me,*
which means it's a commitment I've made. I don't really give a
monkey's if the rest of the house looks like a cyclone hit it,...
Forum: Quilting September 4th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Sparky
cleaning the computer innards

"The amount of quilt batting fuzz inside would gag a goat - not to
mention setting the pc on fire." That was my very first thought when
you said your computer was in the same room as your sewing...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 06, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Sparky
how to rid our ng of one poster in particular

"Nonetheless, the server still can't do anything about a
poster who's not posting from their server."

But think of it this way. If a terrorist plot or a death threat to the
president were posted,...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 06, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Sparky
how do we control the filth???????

How do we go about getting a moderator for the group? Because I have
to say that as an experienced quilter I have a lot to offer (and to
learn of course) and I only came in here last week for the...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 06, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sparky
Help with Border Size

First, this is YOUR quilt and there is no "right" size for the border.
What is "right" is what looks right to you. I'd suggest letting the
quilt make the decision. I never make border decisions...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 06, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Sparky
Can I do this?

Sounds to me that your "qualifications" are quite sound, in that you do
lovely work that impresses people. I'm also interested in how you say
"I don't really know what I'm doing." Most people feel...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 06, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Sparky
Cordless Irons

I've looked into getting one but I've been unimpressed. I use my iron
a LOT, of course (but never for ironing clothes!) and I want something
that gets hot quickly, stays hot and doesn't take up a...
Forum: Quilting August 30th 06, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Sparky
how to rid our ng of one poster in particular

The person could easily be pinging off someone else's IP or several
IPs, right?

If the web address is an open domain, can't someone get into it and
shut it down?
Forum: Quilting August 30th 06, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sparky
Janome 6600

Yes, thanks for your advice. I'll try them with the feed dogs up, but
I'd still love to know why that pathetic manual says to put the feed
dogs down. The way it puts it made me think that something...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 06, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Sparky
how to rid our ng of one poster in particular

You know, I don't have a weak stomach and I've been in the medical
field for most of my adult life. But I have to say what I saw when I
opened that post yesterday has stayed with me and still...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 06, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sparky
Janome 6600

Yup. Is Janome aware of this situation? They may have some
alternatives to suggest.

At the time I contacted someone very high up in Janome and I was given
the e-mail of my local Janome...
Forum: Quilting August 29th 06, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sparky
Janome 6600

Unfortunately my local dealer is possessed by demons. Early on I went
in to the store to ask her about something to do with my bobbins and
she practically shrieked at me to "get out and come back...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31