Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Karen C
Forum: Needlework May 3rd 15, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C
Who Are We?

Joan wrote:
it's been a loooong time since we've had a round of "who are
we" and "what are we working on?" threads

Karen C in California, finally back on my feet after an ankle injury...
Forum: Needlework April 2nd 15, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Karen C
Question about scroll frames

Danny Breidenbach wrote:

And how does one keep the scroll from loosening --- does it
have some sort of clamping system to prevent unwanted unrolling?

Thanks! --Danny

Tighten the screws...
Forum: Needlework March 31st 15, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Karen C
Small Happy Dance

Went to the Quilt/Craft/Sew festival last weekend with a friend.
Neither of us quilts or sews, but we did find a few things to buy. My
friend reinterprets traditional quilt designs in crochet, and...
Forum: Needlework March 31st 15, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C
question for those who've done Tribute to Old Masters

American Dream has scroll rods up to 60" wide. This link will take you
to the 36-inch you...
Forum: Needlework March 11th 15, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Karen C
HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Ruth wrote:
Finished "Morning Song" tonight!!!! (twirling around, jumping up and down. waving my arms in the air!!) Started August 26, 2014, finished February 27, 2015. Six months almost to the...
Forum: Needlework February 27th 15, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C
How did I find you again!

Marny CA wrote:
Holy smokes! All I was doing was looking for a movie and where and
then my fingers switched to something else and then something else -
and Voila! I spotted RCTN!

Welcome...
Forum: Needlework February 10th 15, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C
trammed needlepoint?

wrote:
On Tuesday, October 28, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Cathy S647 wrote:

CHECK THE DATES BEFORE YOU POST. This original post is nearly 20 years
old!!!!!!

--

Karen C -...
Forum: Needlework February 2nd 15, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Joan Erickson wrote:
Speaking of technology, my dad had been in declining health this past
year and communication was very difficult for him. My brother and I
were with him the night before...
Forum: Needlework January 8th 15, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Karen C
Eyes

Gillian Murray wrote:

I tried that Nancy, but the boobs got in the way. Probably not a problem
that Danny would have.

LOL

This was the benefit of the stitchers lounge at HOXS -- various...
Forum: Needlework January 8th 15, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Karen C
Eyes

sharoncapps wrote:

I was like that at first but it wore off. I even was sick to my stomach
from them.
Sharon in MN

Well, Mom tried it for a month before she gave up, so it didn't wear off...
Forum: Needlework January 7th 15, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By Karen C
Eyes

Danny Breidenbach wrote:

I visit the optometrist tomorrow. Do any of you have words of wisdom -- things to ask for? Avoid? Tips?

You may want to pick up a pair of cheap reading glasses at the...
Forum: Needlework December 26th 14, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Karen C
Wishes

Joan Erickson wrote:
I'd like to wish all of you and your families a most wonderful
Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/whatever you celebrate. Relax and enjoy
yourselves and give thanks for the many...
Forum: Needlework October 30th 14, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Karen C
OT wedding anniversary

Shirley wrote:

DH and I celebrate out 60th Diamond wedding anniversary next Thursday
Nov.6th.

We are having an " Evening at home" for family and friends to celebrate it.

CONGRATULATIONS!...
Forum: Needlework October 28th 14, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C
Looking for Petit Point kits

Joan Erickson wrote:

Sewgirls (or whatever they're calling themselves now) are at it again...
sigh.

But at least this time it was NOTICED by the quasi-OP that this was an
old post, as...
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 14, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C
I do believe I recognize a few names here

Jimmy Mac McNamara wrote:

A long time gone by - glad to see all you stitchers are still hard at work.

Welcome home!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator...

Jenn Ridley wrote:
One of the things about
bulk mail is that it gets processed when there is time, so sometimes
bundles will sit around for a couple of days before they get split up
and sent...
Forum: Needlework September 6th 14, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Karen C
The Nativity by Heaven & Earth

Ruth wrote:

having to put the enlarged pattern together and stitching it the right way.

Just mark the sections very carefully. I have marked the original "Page
1 Left" and "Page 1 Right"...
Forum: Needlework July 30th 14, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Karen C
THE EASIEST NEEDLEWORK TO LEARN

Joan Erickson wrote:

My problem with tatting is...what do you do with the stuff you tat?

One of the elderly ladies at church made notecards -- she tatted
flowers, glued them to a blank card,...
Forum: Needlework July 23rd 14, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C
Sad news

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 6/11/14 -- needlepoint Christmas Lights ornament
Forum: Needlework July 11th 14, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Karen C
County fair wins

wrote:

Hey Joan, you really cleaned up didn't you? Are you the woman
everyone hates at the fair because you win everything ???? Well done,
keep it up.

You did RCTN...
Forum: Needlework June 24th 14, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 34
Posted By Karen C
Time for "What are you stitching?"

Joan Erickson wrote:

We haven't had this topic for awhile, so thought it was time again.

San Diego EGA is collecting ornaments for those who lost everything in
the wildfires, so I bought a...
Forum: Needlework June 1st 14, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C
Dang! I missed it!

NDJoan wrote:
Sorry, Karen, I missed your birthday, sooooo,

Happy belated birthday to yoooouuuu,
Happy belated birthday to yoooooouuuuuu,
Happy belated biiiirthdaaaay, deeeaaaar...
Forum: Needlework May 13th 14, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Karen C
RIP, Jasmine

Joan Erickson wrote:

My dog, Jasmine, went over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. I got her as a
pup for Mother's Day in 2001 and it was the day after Mother's Day when
she left us. 13 is...
Forum: Needlework May 10th 14, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Karen C
Any good shops in San Diego??

I believe Stitch-a-Cross is now closed.

I just love Needlecraft Cottage in Pacific Beach. 890 Grand, if I'm
recalling correctly.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader/Translator...
Forum: Needlework March 27th 14, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Karen C
Working with metallic threads

Danny Breidenbach wrote:

Hi,

I will be embarking upon a Celtic Dragon pattern in the next couple of months. Any great new tips for working with metallic floss?
New brands that are easier to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98