Showing results 1 to 25 of 336
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
Forum: Yarn January 27th 08, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Leg Warmers : Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

vanmier wrote:

I know you have a pattern that you are currently working with, but if
you are not particular about a specific pattern and if you crochet,
there is a nice pattern at...
Forum: Yarn January 27th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer) wrote:

I'm retired and I truly do have all the time in the world to knit and
nothing but Usenet and knitting blogs to distract me (although I
may--everyone...
Forum: Yarn January 25th 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
PFFT! to legwarmers

Nothing like a success to wipe away the bitter memory of failure...

I made Mimi (my Shih Tzu) a heavyweight doggie sweater using this pattern:

http://www.talkingtails.com/sweater.html

only I made...
Forum: Yarn January 23rd 08, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Millie James wrote:
Melinda,
sounds like you need to get back to the basics ... one stitch at a time ...

1.in through the front door
2.run around the back
3.peek through the window
Forum: Yarn January 23rd 08, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

wrote:

It is not a matter of finding time , it is a matter of sticking to it
when you can ,,,, my knitting goes with me everywhere and i find that
a st or 2 here and a...
Forum: Yarn January 23rd 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

wrote:

Legwarmers ,,,, measure calf and under knees ,,, GUAGUE your wool ,
cast on DPS enough st for the calf ,mark the begining of round , k1

The sad thing, Mirjam, is...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Marilyn wrote:
Melinda,
Maybe you should thank your puppy for chewing the legwarmer. If it hadn't
then you would have been working woth the Lion Brand Homespun that much
longer. I hate that...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

suzee wrote:

I think you're right Shillelagh. I'm on a couple web based knitting
forums and I see sooo many posts from new knitters who are paralyzed
from going forward with a project or...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

myswendy wrote:

"Transcription business"? Me too! That is, I'm an editor these days,
for the most part. Work for Medware. What's your company? Where are
you?

I work as a subcontractor for...
Forum: Needlework January 22nd 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Days Of The Week

wrote:

Gosh, a person asks a simple, honest question and ends up with a bunch
of vituperation. Very neighborly of you all.

And here I thought it was stand-up comedy,...
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Here I was, just having admired that Hanami shawl and complimenting the
knitter, stating that I wished I could knit so well, because I can't
even knit 10 rows of plain stockinette stitch without a...
Forum: Needlework January 22nd 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Damp Sponge Technique

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
Just remember that damp sponges are mold breeding grounds. Make sure, if
you like using a sponge, to keep it very clean and to let it dry out.

Or microwave it...
Forum: Yarn January 18th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 25
Update on the Hanami Shawl

Shillelagh wrote:
*drool* Oh, I want to learn to knit that well! I can't even knit 10
rows of Steri-Strips with increases and decreases without making mistakes.

So that link worked for...
Forum: Yarn January 18th 08, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 25
Update on the Hanami Shawl

Shillelagh wrote:
Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL...
Forum: Sewing January 16th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 15
Treadle belt for old machine?

Pogonip wrote:

When you find a treadle machine, the belt is usually old and brittle,
or missing altogether.
Joy Beeson

And it needs rescuing from someone who wants to turn it into a...
Forum: Sewing January 7th 08, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 15
Treadle belt for old machine?

I don't speak deutsch yet so hunting down a leather man who can make a
new one would take me a month or more to locate and communicate with
..
and frankly i am ready to sew sew sew...
Forum: Yarn January 6th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Searching for a basic worsted...

Leslie wrote:
I'm in search of a plain, all wool or mostly-wool (but washable) worsted
weight that comes in many colors, has a good feel, wears well and doesn't
cost an arm an a leg. Looking...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
To Cheryl Issak and group

Jeri wrote:

Please don't. Most times trolls use either a bogus address which will bounce
or worse, an innocent person's email address.
Just ignore it or report it with full headers to...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 08, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
To Cheryl Issak and group

Jeri wrote:
Just ignore it or report it with full headers to AOL.

And Google Groups because that's who she posts through, and Gmail
because she is claiming to have a Gmail address.

--
Every job...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Gill Murray wrote:

OK, thanks for the info. I can see about 4 real stitches, and he had a
lot of bright yellow stuff on him when we picked him up. There is only a
little of that left, but...
Forum: Needlework January 2nd 08, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
VOT sVent about vets.. help??

Gill Murray wrote:
Great info......how do you soften it to remove the stitches???

It falls off as the skin cells shed.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your...
Forum: Needlework January 1st 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Gill Murray wrote:

I think we could remove the stitches, IF we knew what goop (glue-like)
they put on them in the first place. Does anyone have help here??

Medical personnel are increasingly...
Forum: Sewing December 21st 07, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
Looking for clear vinyl to use as windows

enigma wrote:

windows for what?
Joann's Fabrics has clear vinyl in several different mils,
60" wide in the home dec section. any of those will, at least
initially, be clearer than...
Forum: Yarn December 16th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Still procrastinating on that sweater, but...

.... my daughter rides her little 50cc scooter to work and comes home
late at night when it's really cold, so I decided to knit her a pair of
legwarmers to wear on her way home (she wears skirts...
Forum: Sewing December 12th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 2
Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone know of a source for this fabric? ....

www.analog-innovations.com/BlackWhiteStripeMaterial.pdf

Is it like a lightweight (almost handkerchief-weight) cotton, which...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 336