Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: frood
Forum: Quilting April 5th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By frood
Hand-Dyeing Hubby

Frosting by the bucketful.... drool.....

Wendy

NightMist wrote:
Sometimes I run down to the doughnut shop and ask for frosting
buckets. They are about 5 gallon, and are food grade. They work...
Forum: Quilting April 4th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By frood
source question and shameless beg...

Send me your mailing address, and I'll have a rootle. I'm sure I have
some 30s elephants that I picked up in Houston.

Wendy
froodbuffy at yahoo dot com

monique wrote:
There's a quilt growing in...
Forum: Quilting March 16th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By frood
Apology to Jane Kay and thoughts on imperfect blocks- long

There is a lady in my Bee group that makes blocks that are very
accurate, very flat, and always the right size. Her blocks are as nice
to look at from the back as from the front. I would love to...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By frood
My first big quilt But!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey, does this quilt make my but look big? Nice work, Shirley! Don't
be so hard on yourself - be proud of your hard work!

Wendy

Shirley Shone wrote:
But it did not turn out as I wanted it...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By frood
Why attend a Quilting Retreat?

I went to a quilting retreat with Pat W., who graciously invited me to
join her guild's retreat. I didn't know anyone but Pat, but the ladies
were so nice! I took lots of projects, so I would have...
Forum: Quilting February 27th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By frood
Pirate Fabric

Nope. Hadn't seen that one before! Maybe somebody should send me some. ;-P

Wendy

TerriLee in WA wrote:
Doing my best to promote the economy here. NAYY.

Frood/Wendy - have you seen this?
Forum: Quilting February 25th 07, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 137
Posted By frood
OT Grammar Book New Log Cabin Quilt

In our house, it is "don we now our day of peril". Of course, DD#1
doesn't know why we need to don the day, but she insists those are the
words. Especially since she saw that Futurama...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 07, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
OT - I'm famous again!

I've got all of you added to friends. I'm Salome on ER.

Paulette in WV wrote:
Hubby and I have joined the guild created by The Instance on Earthen Ring.
I rolled a BE (a complete flirt) and...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
OT - I'm famous again!

L wrote:

That is so amazing.

I'm always tempted to give you a *wave* when I see you on the warcraft ng. I
remember when you got WoW - it's exciting that you are level 55!.

I *LOVE*...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By frood
TEST

go to www.womenofwarcraftpodcast.com and scroll down to where it says
Vicast #33, wait for the weird pic of the lady to load (if you have a
slow server), and click on her pic to play the...
Forum: Quilting February 20th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By frood
TEST

This is only a test. Had this been a real emergency, there would be much
running and screaming and pillaging of stashes by cool-headed pirates.

Wendy

L wrote:
Sorry guys, having newsreader...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
OT - I'm famous again!

replied privately.

Sunny wrote:
Wendy,
Wonderful! I want to hear more about your husband's gift.... how did
it work? Sounds fabulous. We are back on WOW now. Son #2 has a new GF
and she's a...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
OT - I'm famous again!

LOL, sorry! I was so excited.... it's an online computer game, played by
over 8 million people worldwide. :-)

Wendy

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Wendy-

Congrats on being famous-...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
OT - I'm famous again!

I sent fan-mail to a World of Warcraft vidcast called Women of Warcraft
a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit disappointed when I didn't hear back
from the host, but figured that she must get too many...
Forum: Quilting February 18th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By frood
OT Gung Hei Fat Choy! Year of the Pig

We are having a big celebration dinner tonight! Spike and Giles are so
excited! We went to the Asian market today and got some yummy goodies.
They were born in the year of the dragon.

Any excuse...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 07, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By frood
Quiltzine.com and Contests

You may not be a "shopkeeper", trading goods for money, but you are in
the business of publishing an online site. Now you are complaining about
the cost because your business model is faulty. You...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By frood
Evil spirits in my sewing machine continue and escalating! Longpost.

You should have listened to me.

Wendy

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I have gone from falling needles to breaking and shredding the upper
thread. grrrrrr!!! (Naughty machine is a Janome...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By frood
Rotary blades are sharp

Ouch! You didn't get blood on the fabric, did you? Or worse, on the
chocolate???

Wendy (want me to kiss that boo-boo for you?)

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, DUH!! This is a public service...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By frood
Rotary blades are sharp

You really ought to try holding it with your hand, instead of your foot.
You get better accuracy that way. ;-)

Wendy

Anne Rogers wrote:
ow! I managed to nick my foot slightly with a rotary...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Hey! I have thousands... erm.. hundreds... or maybe even ones of
satisfied customers!

Wendy

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
Forum: Quilting February 4th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By frood
Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Yes, your machine is indeed possessed. You need to perform the correct
ritual with cloth and rotary cutter to dispel the evil spirits. If you
do not know the correct ritual, send me a FQ and I'll...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By frood
Design wall .... redux

The only time I use pins on my design wall is when I have the design
finalized, and I don't want my "helpers" to rearrange things. Otherwise,
I just stick them up. My design wall is a large piece...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 07, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By frood
Can I Bleach It??

You can neutralize the bleach. Get one of the chlorine-remover products
from the pet shop (used for aquariums) and soak the fabric in water with
the chlorine-remover.

Wendy

Sherry wrote:

Forum: Quilting January 24th 07, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By frood
Quilting Goals for 2007

Each year, I try to post a thread on quilting goals. Once I figured out
to put "goals" plus the year in the subject, finding the old posts was
much easier! I find it fun to go back and look at past...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By frood
Attic Windows Quilting

Just remember that double needles create a zig zag effect on the back.
If you don't want this look on the backing, quilt just through the top
and batting, add the backing and do some simple...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 144