Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: fiberlicious
Forum: Yarn May 22nd 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By fiberlicious
Lion Incredible ribbon yarn for sweater?

On May 21, 8:16 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Hiya, I have played around at knitting for ages and now that I am
suffering from impending-empty-nest...
Forum: Yarn May 10th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By fiberlicious
funny, funny knit site!

On May 9, 10:39 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
I really miss YKW - she stopped publishing late last year.

Do you know there is a sequel...
Forum: Yarn May 10th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By fiberlicious
funny, funny knit site!

On May 8, 8:47 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"myswendy" wrote in message

Ok guys,...
Forum: Yarn May 8th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By fiberlicious
Name that fleece

On May 7, 3:26 am, Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi all,

You excellent advice is sought. I bought (via online auction) what I
thought was a kilo of merino (that's what they...
Forum: Yarn May 1st 07, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By fiberlicious
Sunday morning

On Apr 29, 10:42 pm, WoolyGooly wrote:
On 29 Apr 2007 19:27:15 -0700, fiberlicious
wrote:

It really sounds like there's something wrong with...
Forum: Yarn April 30th 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By fiberlicious
FO: Well, Almost

On Apr 29, 12:50 pm, hesira wrote:
Hi Everyone.

I finally finished the little raglan cardi I was adapting from a
vintage pattern.

Hesira, that's totally darling!
Forum: Yarn April 30th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By fiberlicious
Sunday morning

On Apr 29, 12:50 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

The new silk drive band lasted for 7 plying sessions (7 colors, 2 oz
each) plus a bit of...
Forum: Yarn April 30th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By fiberlicious
Cabling without Cable Needle (C4B)

On Apr 29, 11:18 am, wrote:

I tried all to the 'cable without CN" methods, and decided that what I
needed was better cable needles.

I don't cable much, but have seen...
Forum: Yarn April 25th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By fiberlicious
Just out of curiosity

On Apr 24, 12:30 am, (Richard Eney) wrote:
In article ,

Shillelagh wrote:
How would you expert knitters interpret the...
Forum: Yarn April 24th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By fiberlicious
Too much knitting going on here, and not enough spinning, so tell me

On Apr 23, 3:52 pm, wrote:
You know what I want, because you have seen it in your dreams too!

A fast, inexpensive spinning system.

I want to spin long staple, high...
Forum: Yarn April 21st 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By fiberlicious
I finally get it!

On Apr 20, 10:05 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Neither have i heard of `that rule` , could you explain it ?
i mean origin and reason.
mirjam

"fiberlicious"...
Forum: Yarn April 21st 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By fiberlicious
I finally get it!

On Apr 20, 8:09 am, Alison wrote:
On 19 Apr 2007 18:54:02 -0700, fiberlicious
wrote:

In case that was a serious (as opposed to rhetorical)...
Forum: Yarn April 20th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By fiberlicious
I finally get it!

On Apr 19, 11:01 am, "Laura J" wrote:
I tried my first lace project several months after I began knitting a couple
of years ago. I didn't enjoy it. Maybe it was the yarn (50/50
Forum: Yarn April 19th 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By fiberlicious
Heresy! Damned Heresy! On washing woolens

On Apr 17, 12:14 pm, wrote:
A stack of mittens were on the drying rack for my ski buddies, so time to
get on with the next gansey.

It is a stitch pattern that I have...
Forum: Yarn April 19th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By fiberlicious
I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore....

On Apr 17, 9:46 am, fiberlicious wrote:
On Apr 16, 9:35 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:

YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

fiberlicious spun a...
Forum: Yarn April 17th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By fiberlicious
I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore....

On Apr 16, 9:35 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

fiberlicious spun a FINE 'yarn':

On Apr 15, 10:44 pm, "YarnWright"...
Forum: Yarn April 16th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Apr 15, 10:44 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
fiberlicious spun a FINE 'yarn':

I have a sign that was on my work desk, and is now on my studio/home office
desk:

A messy...
Forum: Yarn April 16th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By fiberlicious
I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore....

On Apr 15, 6:35 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message

As for being messy, it was bad enough when we wrote on...
Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 35
Posted By fiberlicious
Woolite

Actually, Woolite was never designed for wool. It was for "fine
washables," which at the time were nylon and polyester synthetics. It
does not contain bleach (urban legend), but it very harsh on...
Forum: Yarn April 4th 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 35
Posted By fiberlicious
blocking/washing?

On Apr 3, 2:48 pm, wrote:
These days I am trying a salad spinner for removing excess water from
mittens & socks after washing instead of rolling in a towel prior to
Forum: Yarn March 28th 07, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By fiberlicious
"Texturizing" Addis and Options

I buy those needles specifically because they're so slick - y'all are
giving me the heebiejeebies thinking about roughing them up! :)
Forum: Yarn March 20th 07, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By fiberlicious
OT ping Noreen

May I butt in on the subject of the speed (or lack thereof) of the
Yarn Harlot's bedroom redo?

If you're being paid to do a job, it means that you're there for one
purpose: to work. She redid that...
Forum: Yarn March 14th 07, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By fiberlicious
Purse HELP

On Mar 12, 6:07 pm, "Brenda" wrote:
I have just knitted (in-the-round) a purse using the garter stitch. I have
bound off the top and sewed the bottom and made my handle. ...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23