Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Needlework January 28th 11, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
For the knitters in the group: Help with hats and smallerprojects done on DPNs

Oh BTW, Is there an average size needle for hats? Or, does it depend
on the size of the head? I knit for charities and want to make hats
for preemie and newborn babies as well as adults and children....
Forum: Needlework January 27th 11, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
For the knitters in the group: Help with hats and smallerprojects done on DPNs

Before I toss my needles and say forget it, I need to ask a question
again..
I am starting a new hat again and wondered do I measure started at the
crown before putting the brim? Or after???
Help...
Forum: Needlework January 26th 11, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
For the knitters in the group: Help with hats and smallerprojects done on DPNs

Thank you.. Swatch is something I hate doing but your idea of the
smaller needles may be my bet bet since my brims are a little lose.. I
will give it a try..
Forum: Needlework January 26th 11, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
For the knitters in the group: Help with hats and smaller projectsdone on DPNs

Hi all.. Been quite some time since I have written.. I am having a
little difficulty with the use of DPNs.. Generally I don't have a
problem but my hat's brims are coming out a little too lose. Need...
Forum: Yarn January 7th 10, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Pattern Help: Knit Hot bottle Cover

Hi there and good evening. I am looking for a hot bottle cover that is
easy to knit in most in the round and doesn't require much sewing.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks and hope evryone is having...
Forum: Yarn October 26th 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Pattern Help Please!

I am getting ready to try this Circular wrapping shawl pattern for
babies. But, I am having difficult understanding this part of it.
If someone want the whole pattern after not understanding this...
Forum: Yarn October 21st 09, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Scarves for children

Hey thanks. I will give this a try. I even went to ravelry last night
and found a bunch of patterns for children scarves and even lionbrand
yarn. Portia, Southern California

Mary wrote:
On Oct 19,...
Forum: Yarn October 21st 09, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone know about mitered squares

On Oct 20, 10:22*pm, mirjam wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:46*pm, "

wrote:
So far, I have been able to copy notes on a note...
Forum: Yarn October 19th 09, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone know about mitered squares

So far, I have been able to copy notes on a note card and staple it to
my patterns that I work on. Variations and such. It helps. I have a
multidirectional scarf that has so many notes and variations...
Forum: Yarn October 19th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Scarves for children

My math skills are not good to figure out how many stitches to cast on
from the measurements I have. How do you do this calculation. And,
gauges ae hard to figure.

Mary wrote:
I suggest you go to...
Forum: Yarn October 17th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Scarves for children

Going another direction here. Since my brain is always coming with
ideas. I am in several charities and I am looking for patterns for
scarves for children say starting from ages 2 and up. I figure...
Forum: Yarn October 17th 09, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone know about mitered squares

Thanks to you both. I think this going to take some concentration in
study for this work for me. But, in the meantime, I ahve other things
that are a work in progress. I ahve 3 scarves on needles....
Forum: Yarn October 16th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone know about mitered squares

Thanks. That is the one thing I hate. My guessimating is always a
little off. But, I will give it a go. Oh one more question. has anyone
ever tried making scarves or bags using mitered...
Forum: Yarn October 15th 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone know about mitered squares

I hate doing swatches. And, I am trying to figure how you come with
the right amount of stitches for an 8" mitered square. How are you
able to calculate that? Portia, Southern California
Forum: Yarn October 14th 09, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Hello all!

Hey thanks Mirjam. I will definitely give you a shout out. I am in
several groups besides this one. So, somewhere along the line, I will
ask. Even if I have to post to all. L&H Portia

mirjam...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Hello all!

I like the shrug idea. I heard you can do clothing from the top down.
And, I hope to try that soon. Sorry to hear you had a problem with the
needles. Some ppl I hear have an easier time with...
Forum: Yarn October 12th 09, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Hello all!

I am now getting the hang of using 2 circular needles since I don't
think I can get the nack of DPNs. I practiced with it a few days ago.
I didn't think I could. I tried it once a couple of months...
Forum: Yarn October 11th 09, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Hello all!

Hi all. Portia here. For those who remember me. Its little cool here
in Calif. I am broadening my horizons now. I have a stack of new
braille patterns to work on and some more onthe way. I hope to...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18