Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roberta Zollner
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Progress on BOM quilt top

Oh boy, that's looking great! Easiest way to do feathers IMO :-)
Roberta in D

"Carole-Retired and Loving It" schrieb
im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By Roberta Zollner
VERY OT International traveling???

Trouble is, ordering bottled water very often results in something with more
minerals than normal!
Roberta in D

"Tia Mary" schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By Roberta Zollner
VERY OT International traveling???

Bring a Visa card with a PIN number, stick it in the machine. Everyplace on
the planet pretty much has an ATM. And you often get better exchange rates.
Tell Visa where you're going so they don't...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By Roberta Zollner
VERY OT International traveling???

Maybe my intestines are less sensitive, but I have never had trouble with
drinking local tap water anywhere north of the Alps. Bottled water is
somebody else's tap water, carried a great distance...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 87
Posted By Roberta Zollner
VERY OT International traveling???

There are dual-voltage hairdryers, so I imagine they make curling irons as
well. Buy an adaptor plug too. Lots depends on where you go and what your
accommodations are. Staying with friends? Hotel?...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Roberta Zollner
OT...checking in of Marian and the Cracked Assistants...

Thanks! So wonderful to have a brief update, makes me remember why we missed
you so much. I do hope you get back to sewing some day.
Roberta in D

schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 08, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Roberta Zollner
OT GERDlings

Marian! Great to see you! Don't go back just yet, give us a little update.
Please!
Roberta in D

schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Shaky hands

I was like you, a scoffer, until the day the needle actually hit one at full
speed. And found out why it's a good thing the tip of the needle has thread
running through it. I do hate replacing...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Roberta Zollner
new to this group, have applique question

You could do it that way, I think. (Remember you have 3 layers with the
backing beneath the batting!) But IMO it would be hard to trim the
background accurately. Might just be easier to do the...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Eensy-weensy pocket quilt- pics/FYI

But what a brilliant idea, and so beautifully made! Well done both of you!
Roberta in D

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." schrieb im
Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 08, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Roberta Zollner
How to have a quilt appraised?

I'm no expert, but so much of a quilt's value depends on the quality of
workmanship, both assembly and quilting, whether the maker is well-known,
the age, condition and provenance (does it have a...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Roberta Zollner
new to this group, have applique question

Welcome!
What sort of quilting? If it's an all-over grid, you could quilt it first
and put the applique on top. If you want to emphasize your lovely applique,
do that first and then quilt around...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Roberta Zollner
What's on your design wall?

Good for you!
My wall has the 36 rctq BOM (plus 4 extra to make it 5 X8), sewn into a
little top/ medaillion, while I try to make up my mind what it needs. Plus a
row robin group project. And...
Forum: Quilting June 30th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Mini Texas star

Nobody will notice the center unless you point it out. What about putting
the Texas state flower in the middle? Isn't that a bluebonnet (lupine)? You
might find one to embroider.
Roberta in...
Forum: Quilting June 29th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Roberta Zollner
DID IT!!!!!

Congratulations! You know, you finish a lot more stuff going at your own
pace than lots of other people who "don't have time" or whatever their
excuse is :-)
And we'd like a picture!
Roberta in...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Another of Pat's Geometrical quilts is finished.

Wow! In those colors, it reminded me immediately of that Japanese print with
the huge wave and the tiny boat, Mount Fuji in the distance IIRC. The back
looks much more complicated than the front...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Roberta Zollner
OT Doctor's Visit

You need a different doctor! And maybe a lawyer. Nobody has to put up with
being yelled at.
Roberta in D

"She in PA" schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Roberta Zollner
My new entry

Cute indeed! No inlays?
Roberta in D

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Here is a look at a...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Roberta Zollner
what fabric test?

It happens occasionally that something sílk or wool gets washed in the wrong
stuff (DH's wool socks being a prime example), and a single trip through the
machine cycle doesn't make any...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Stash Building

My regular stash doesn't reproduce, unfortunately, but the Black Hole Basket
seems to be a prolific generator of tiny scraps. I think it sucks scraps out
of hyperspace from some parallel...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Log Cabin Q.

You may use any size you like! You may even combine different sizes -look
for some other LC books to see special effects when the strip width changes.
You may put your starting square in one corner...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By Roberta Zollner
binding choices?

It makes a teensy little frame. I like red. Or maybe a nice deep charcoal.
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By Roberta Zollner
You asked for pictures

Those Norwegian types don't talk much either. If your DH had been one,
that's what he would have said. It's an all-purpose phrase, but as far as I
can tell, it means, "Well now I opened my mouth...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By Roberta Zollner
You asked for pictures

Indeed we did, and you should have warned us to make sure we were sitting
down. Pictures! A big thanks to Louise for a wonderful treat. It is truly
lovely, you are right to be proud. (Knocking...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 08, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Roberta Zollner
Polly's Quilt

Polly! Enter! Polly Enter! Quilt Show! Quilt Show! Go Go Go!
Roberta in D