Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Val
Forum: Quilting May 14th 09, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Val
OT Polly has a camera

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
If Val can be trusted -

Who wouldn't trust a friend who keeps a Mason jar full of change under...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By Val
OT Polly has a camera

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You asked for it and it could be that you are going to get it. Pat on Her
Hill persuaded me...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 09, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Val
OT watch your back

Several years ago we had a bank robber who used the drive-up window....no
car, on crutches with his leg in a cast.....and wrote the note on the back
of his own utility bill. Rocket scientist they...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Val
Reach Your Goal by Affirming and Visualizing!

"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote in message
i've spent the past 42 full days every day saying dozens of times, over
and
over and over again...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Val
Two new gizmos for the sewing room.

"jennellh" wrote in message
If I'd only had them when I was making baby bibs by the hundred! ...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Val
OT Reward - *PRINT SCREEN* !

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I have one with what looks like a tiny oil can on its side and it says
'check'. You don't...
Forum: Quilting April 25th 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Val
embroidery machine

I got the Designer1 the second year it was on the market. It came with the
embroidery unit. I eventually got one of those plastic rolling carts with
all the drawers, mine had nine drawers of three...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 09, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 109
Posted By Val
Time for another Roll Call?

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Thanks, Amy. I've wondered a long time where CNY might be.

Ohhhhhhhh, it's a PLA-A-A-ACE. Here...
Forum: Quilting April 24th 09, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 109
Posted By Val
Time for another Roll Call?

I am Val. I am an old broad who lives in the far Northwest corner of the
USA. If I were any further northwest-er I'd be a Canadian with wet feet. I'm
not allowed to reveal much more about my...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Val
And furthermore

"NightMist" wrote in message
Be happy you don't see the junk that gets posted from such places on
some of the other groups I...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 09, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Val
And furthermore

I find those SewGirls even more confusing than Dr. Smith and that lady
person. I think I might need a cold cloth for my neck now......

Val

"Polly Esther" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 09, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 62
Posted By Val
Somebody help me

Yuh, I read wholeylady's question and my eyes glazed over but then it
doesn't take much anymore. Then the good Dr. Smith (do you think he is
really) answered just like he knew what she was...
Forum: Quilting April 16th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Val
Purple Haze, a quilt (and pictures)

"joan8904" wrote in message

Well, yes. My son is a musician and the recipient is his booking
agent. It...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 09, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Val
Photos (if you have time)

The twin's quilts are just absolutely precious! If you ever get strapped for
storage I'd be more than happy to take very excellent care of that lovely
dragonfly quilt for you. shameless...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Val
good mechanical machine

"monique" wrote in message
Val wrote:
A few months ago an elderly lady of very limited income in my apartment
was looking for...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Val
good mechanical machine

A few months ago an elderly lady of very limited income in my apartment was
looking for a basic machine. She just wanted to make a few little lap/baby
quilts and do fun, busy work but she hadn't...
Forum: Quilting April 7th 09, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Val
OT; Sort of

QUICK! Run to the basement and check for pods! It's not a nine patch and it
isn't a 'solid'.

Nicely done John.

Val

"John" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 09, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Val
OT-Groaner for the day -- Spew warning!

I love these things!

You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think.

Val

"ME-Judy" wrote in message
Got this from...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 09, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Val
Miss Polly Day

I was given a very interesting "Calendar of Observances" last Christmas.
It's become part of my morning ritual to look at this calendar as I'm having
my first cup of coffee to properly prepare for...
Forum: Quilting March 25th 09, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Val
Question for those who don't prewash

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
It's probably because I'm such a good person and live such a pure life.
Polly

snort! ...
Forum: Quilting March 24th 09, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Val
OT lame joke

"Taria" wrote in message

funny!

.........and now we know why the most sought bra size near retirement
communities is...
Forum: Quilting March 23rd 09, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 62
Posted By Val
OT - Prayers and good thoughts for Jeanne

There is nothing so heart wrenching as losing a child of any age. My prayers
go out to her.

Val
"Jenn in Tacoma" wrote in message...
Forum: Sewing March 20th 09, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 2
Posted By Val
Foams

There is foam made just for marine upholstery applications. Your best bet is
to Google 'marine upholstery supplies'. There's lots of mail order places
but with luck you just might find a store near...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 09, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Val
Now that's PURPLE

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2794928120103032890ZmkSin

That's just as cute as a pink bellied pup. :)

Val
Forum: Quilting March 18th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Val
TSWLTH -- on my bad list

Martha is absolutely right. Let the head office know what's going on. If all
the time spent telling the group about experiences was channeled in the
right direction you just might be surprised at...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500