Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elizabeth Young
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 07, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 71
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT cooking stoves and hand vacs

Polly Esther wrote:
Now, well . . . maybe not now but soon, the stove I love is going to
need to be replaced. Please share your thoughts. Do you have a
convection oven? Is it the greatest...
Forum: Quilting July 9th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT Natural diuretic?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I'm having a terrible time with swollen feet and ankles. It gets to where
my feet start feeling numb and my shoes don't fit.... ugh. I'm always like
Forum: Quilting July 9th 07, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT Reporting in- Dense Lemon Squares

Debra wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:10:00 -0500, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

They are EXCELLENT! The texture is more like cornbread than brownies- I
Forum: Quilting July 9th 07, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT Reporting in- Dense Lemon Squares

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
As a veteran recipe tweaker, here's a few suggestions on ways to get a more
moist mouth-feel.
snippity
Another possibility is to change the mixing directions. Try using...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 273
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT: SPAM

Joan E. wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
And my border collies love the smell of oranges being peeled,

My dog, Jasmine, also loves fruit.
snip
She also picks raspberries from my bushes, and not...
Forum: Needlework July 6th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 264
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT: SPAM

Joan E. wrote:
Kathleen wrote:
And my border collies love the smell of oranges being peeled,

My dog, Jasmine, also loves fruit.
snip
She also picks raspberries from my bushes, and not...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 51
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT skeleton from the in-laws closet

Sally Swindells wrote:
Just thinking again about pets' names - are they actually called by the
names we give them?

Hodge commonly called Hodgkins, or even Splodge
Mia commonly called...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Elizabeth Young
My First Baby quilt is done..check it out!

That's because the correct fix is
http://www.wwwglitterlife.blogspot.com/

liz young in broiling california

nzlstar* wrote:
i waited for a few hrs and tried it again, still just the page with no...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT Looking for a recipe- please help?

Leslie,
I'll bet that NightMist's version here does not use any leavening.
Beating the eggs to death will add texture and maybe some height.
Part of the texture of brownies comes from the chocolate...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Elizabeth Young
Can you sew in both directions?

Right handed and sew left to right, or towards myself.

liz young in sunny california

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
I am right handed and sew from right to left!
"janice142" ...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 07, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT - Help with my new family....

Rocky Road and Butterscotch (for the colors)

liz young in sunny california

Johanna Gibson wrote:
Hello folks,
I have a few new guests at my house. Can you help find them names?
Forum: Sewing June 24th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Posted By Elizabeth Young
Buy Oilcloth Fabric ?

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Xak wrote:
I'm looking for small amounts of oilcloth fabric to make several
waterproof tobacco pouches - the kind of fabric similar to what
Australian Driza-bone coats...
Forum: Quilting June 24th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT Need a Beauty Tip

Think really hard about all the stuff on the vanity and ask yourself
"When was the last time I moved that bottle?" If you can't remember -
throw it out! If you can't bear to part with it, put it in...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 07, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 80
Posted By Elizabeth Young
Honey and mead-- not all that far off topic for some of us

Debra wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:58:12 GMT, (NightMist) wrote:

I thought it was just the US, Spain, and Poland.
But it makes sense that if it was hitting areas that far apart, the
Forum: Quilting June 8th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT - campfire blanket

I wouldn't use fleece or anything too fuzzy. Fuzzy fabric gets just full
of stickers and twigs and grass bits and everything else you don't want.
My dad used an old army blanket, turned it into a...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OTOT - Flying

Hey, I'm like you! Must stare straight ahead, can't even really turn my
head. So, you could always do what I do. Sleep the whole flight. Beats
feeling sick the whole way. I stay up really late or...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 07, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Elizabeth Young
quilt pictures!

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Nice job, Liz, very attractive! Welcome back! Can you stick around, or are
you still swamped?

Hope I can stick like glue or that anonymous stuff on the...
Forum: Quilting June 4th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Elizabeth Young
quilt pictures!

Well, Sandy and Patti (to answer the perennial question)
I'm almost done w/ the grad student thing. "just" need to write a thesis
(begin that in Fall) and then I'll finally have a MA in Liberal...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 07, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Elizabeth Young
quilt pictures!

Dear All,

I have emerged from my self-imposed graduate student hibernation and
have posted pictures of another baby quilt. Completed _before_ the
hibernation began.

The last row of pictures is...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Elizabeth Young
LQS class

Sunny wrote:
Wish me luck and send me whatever patience you have to spare. Oh yeah,
can somebody please tell me what product is good for helping me bite my
tongue and keep my mouth shut for two...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Elizabeth Young
batting scraps

Helen Howes wrote:
There was a young woman named Riley
Who valued old batting-scraps highly
When no-one was looking
She used them in cooking
"It's wicked to waste" she said drily

Helen...
Forum: Sewing January 16th 07, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 10
Posted By Elizabeth Young
Need help with making pro wrestling gear

Seth wrote:
I have talked
to several people that sew alot and they told me that it won't be as
hard as I think and that they can help me. They thought finding the
fabric would be hard but that...
Forum: Quilting January 16th 07, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Elizabeth Young
batting scraps

Trixie wrote:
What do you do with batting scraps? I have a five year accumulation, most of
which are too small to sew together for use in batting a quilt.

Not for quilting, but for shoulder...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Elizabeth Young
Since you started quilting......

Listpig wrote:
...with whatever assumptions you came into it with, what has surprised you
the most in terms of things you've discovered about your taste in fabrics
and/or designs?

screaming...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Elizabeth Young
OT UPDATE : Blizzarding.

Tia Mary wrote:
He went on to tell me that, as a child growing up in the
northern reaches of "snow country", ... they had a "clothes line" strung
from the back door of the house out to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26