Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PenguinTrax
Forum: Polymer Clay June 29th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 19
Posted By PenguinTrax
Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Kathy,

All my beads are formed by hand, some are textured with stamps and
other objects.

My current stash of bottles for BOH came from a member at the Ocala FL
Guild. But, if you call your local...
Forum: Beads June 29th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 16
Posted By PenguinTrax
Show & Tell: clay and beads...and more clay

Kathy,

All my beads are formed by hand, some are textured with stamps and
other objects.

My current stash of bottles for BOH came from a member at the Ocala FL
Guild. But, if you call your local...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 30th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By PenguinTrax
A big show and tell from me...

Waah is right Patti! I feel the same way.

On Mar 29, 3:43 pm, "Patti" wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:39 pm, "Deb Hayes" wrote:

I think the new site is...
Forum: Beads March 30th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14

On Mar 29, 3:43 pm, "Patti" wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:39 pm, "Deb Hayes" wrote:

I think the new site is...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 27th 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 10
Posted By PenguinTrax
Polyclay weakness

Thanks for BOTH the above tips. I didn't realise that the conditioning had
any effect on it. Would that effect those articles that have been "waiting"
for a week to be cooked?
Anyway, I...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 27th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 10
Posted By PenguinTrax
Polyclay weakness

For strength and thinness, I'd try mixing Premo with your Fimo
classic, using Premo by itself or better yet, Katoclay.

Barbara

On Mar 27, 2:54 am, "Dicon" wrote:
I am...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 27th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By PenguinTrax
A big show and tell from me...

Thanks Martha! I was in Miami this weekend and and hoped to get to one
of the Art-o-mat machines down there but alas, it was not to be. I've
rearranged my to-do list, though and getting a few...
Forum: Beads March 27th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By PenguinTrax
A big show and tell from me...

Thanks Martha! I was in Miami this weekend and and hoped to get to one
of the Art-o-mat machines down there but alas, it was not to be. I've
rearranged my to-do list, though and getting a few...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 15th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 8
Posted By PenguinTrax
Image transfer to ring...help..

I think he wants to insert the polymer clay into a channel of a
sterling ring, as in the example.

On Mar 14, 7:54 pm, "Martha" nospam @ nospam.com wrote:
I would also suggest something like...
Forum: Polymer Clay October 12th 06, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 11
Posted By PenguinTrax
Poll: curing polymer clay in the microwave?

This is thinly veiled spam as you must register on your site to vote in
the poll.

Ferfal wrote:
How well does it work to bake polymer clay using the microwave? Cast your
vote or see the...
Forum: Polymer Clay October 6th 06, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 6
Posted By PenguinTrax
fingerprints - like 'em or lump 'em?

I used mostly Kato Polyclay now, but I still have a lot of Premo to use
up.
nanner wrote:
"PenguinTrax" wrote in message
Forum: Polymer Clay October 6th 06, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 6
Posted By PenguinTrax
fingerprints - like 'em or lump 'em?

I used mostly Kato Polyclay now, but I still have a lot of Premo to use
up. I've been wanting to give Fimo classic a try, just to see what it
is like.

nanner wrote:
"PenguinTrax"...
Forum: Polymer Clay October 6th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 1
Posted By PenguinTrax
work in progress: fantasy figures

Very nice!!

I saw Cernit for the first time last month in Miami - the Pearl art
supply store actually had a great selection of clay brands, including
Cernit. It appears to have a wonderful...
Forum: Polymer Clay October 6th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 6
Posted By PenguinTrax
fingerprints - like 'em or lump 'em?

It really depends on the piece. If it is something very organic in
nature, I leave them alone, or smooth them over a bit to make them not
so obvious. For other things, I don't like them at all.

A...
Forum: Polymer Clay August 19th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 7
Posted By PenguinTrax
Help me be nosey

Prior to her surgery for a recurrence of melanoma, I joked with my MIL
that I was going to make her a polymer clay nose to wear until her
reconstruction surgery would be complete. In discussing the...
Forum: Polymer Clay August 17th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 2
Posted By PenguinTrax
Sarajane's Itty Bitty Book

Excellent work, Sarajane! So nice to see the work and process close up.

I've been invited to do next year's challenge and am anxious to find
out the theme.

Barbara

Sarajane Helm wrote:
hi there...