Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J*
Forum: Quilting December 11th 11, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By J*
Another Chuckle....

ABCDEFGHIJKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
just for you, Polly.
j.
already posted this on facebook :)

"Polly Esther" wrote ...
I love Jo's Rudolf joke too. I do. (We only get to be Terrible Two once a
year.)...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 11, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By J*
I think I'm back!

reply from news.aioe.org
j.

wrote ...

I have used the old 'Free Agent' newsreader from
http://free-agent.en.softonic.com/ for many years.
There are no bells and whistles...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 11, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By J*
I think I'm back!

reply from newserver
202.177.16.121
j.

wrote ...

I have used the old 'Free Agent' newsreader from
http://free-agent.en.softonic.com/ for many years.
There are no bells...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 11, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By J*
I think I'm back!

sometimes we meet for a chat.
other times a msg to pass on info.
both those on facebook.
easy peasy.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
I expect finding a time common to both you and Jeanne is tricky or...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 11, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*
flying blind

correcting my own post below...
this is posted thru the second ng server link on there.
so thats 2 free servers there that work ok.
each of those show 46 thousand groups they carry.
fwiw.
j.

"J*"...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 11, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*
flying blind

http://www.newsparrot.co.uk/
this site has an MS program and shows a bunch of free ng servers as well.
havent tried any there but aioe so no idea what works.
just me trying to pass on as much info as...
Forum: Quilting June 7th 11, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By J*
OT - Teranews

hmmm, strange cuz i just clicked on it to check and it popped open straight
away.
no idea at all why its not opening for you. :(
j.

"Kay Ahr" wrote ...
I wasn't even table to get to that page in...
Forum: Quilting March 21st 11, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By J*
3D Flying Geese

cant think up just a hint just now, bit too early in the day for me yet.
border and centre units are done the same way---only difference is sizes.
take 2 matching rectangles, lay them right sides...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 11, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By J*
Something a little different!

thanks Kate.
no idea why it wasnt there, i didnt delete it.
oh well shrug
j.

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote ...
On 17/01/2011 10:02, Roberta wrote:
This is something where the original message didn't...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 10, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By J*
OT OT how to destroy

Kate is right you only need to remove the harddrive with all the data on it.
what is wrong with the computer by the way?
most things can be fixed easier than you'd imagine and reused. yes even by...
Forum: Quilting September 6th 10, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By J*
OT OT how to destroy

i have a dell desktop tower and there are no screws, just two big buttons,
push both at the same time and lift.
j.

"Sartorresartus" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 10, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By J*
feeling stupid

there are a whole mess of us here that are older than dirt.
i took a computer class in college where we used cards with holes punched in
them as the data info.
it was insane. i could not wrap my...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 10, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By J*
Love and Happiness

does this come with Eggs and Chips?
i'm not a fan of Spam even with the best of intentions.
it also breaches the terms of service on google groups.
tsk tsk tsk.
if you're a true psychic you should...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 10, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By J*
ping polly now OT Nursing covers

ok, Taria,
i see your point on those women but they wont wear a nursing top anyhow.
why should the others who know how to BF without making a big deal out of it
need the nursing tops?
i must be...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By J*
ping polly now OT Nursing covers

i'm unsure why someone needs a cover when nursing.
i BF 3 kids for a total about 3.5 yrs or so and never needed to cover up.
ya just gently lift your shirt/blouse enough to uncover yourself enough...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*
OT computer question

i thot it would probly be sorted out before you got back to the group.
its pretty easy really.

....from the ground up, that is impressive.
i'd love to do that one day.
just dont have any brain...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By J*
new pictures and fyi

i cant get your webshots to load. :(
hmmmm, i wonder what is going on.
i'll figure this out.
j.

"dreamboat" wrote...
fyi,
Have any of you joined the quilting board yet? They have about
15,000...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By J*
once again new links for pictures and fyi

it is a nice site but you have to register and they have moderators.
somehow i always return to rctq.
so far we've coped for about 2 decades without moderators.
its the constant supply of M'n'M's i...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By J*
Recent Email Announcement

i didnt get the email to either of my two addys.
my first thot was an old directory of the group.
would have to be pretty old to miss me tho.
i agree, Sherry, that was totally smarmy of her.
i like...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*
OT computer question

should work from the file/export button on top of Outlook.
j.

"NanaWilson" wrote in message
Help needed with getting my e-mail...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By J*
OT computer question

can you send the whole addy book as an attachment to your hotmail addy.
then download it off that from the new computer?
j.
just a thot.

"NanaWilson" wrote ...
Help needed with getting my e-mail...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 10, 11:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By J*
A sign of Aging

i wish it always worked that way.
old tired and had enough,
j.

"Pat S" ...
I recently bought a few coasters with witty sayings on them!
One says: 'Growing old is compulsory; growing up is...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 10, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By J*
printed muslin?

hi Lynn,
i remember you too.
congrats on both babys.
it has been a mighty long time.
i thot this might be you but wasnt sure til i saw 'from Boston' in your
siggy.
its good to hear from you...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 10, 10:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By J*
Color catchers?

forget the colour catchers....i'm impressed you wear white knit pants. :))
i havent been that brave in at least a couple of decades.
well done you!!!
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote ...
Wow. When my Puss...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 10, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By J*
Warning about an online store

ack!!!
twice to the same customer is really bad service.
that alone should be worth an apology of some kind as well as replacing your
order to the right address this time.
just went to see what they...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500