Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]
Forum: Yarn December 14th 09, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
meeting an old sweater

Spikedriver wrote:

So many people have asked, "Why do you take so long to knit something
that takes so long, when you can go to the store and get it in a couple
of minutes".

You know,...
Forum: Yarn November 30th 09, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet...Hi Chris & Mirjam

Linda Lee wrote:

Oh Mirjam...I forgot to tell you I love to knit dishcloths. Don't use
them but I love to knit them. Well e-mail you.

I know the feeling. I make smaller ones and use them...
Forum: Yarn November 28th 09, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Sorry -- I forgot about one other place for knitting stitches:

http://www.knittingfool.com/pages/Alpha.guest.cfm?CFID=14994607&CFTOKEN=73928912

Best of luck in your endeavors. I found...
Forum: Yarn November 28th 09, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

Chris_Signe wrote:
Thanks for your responses. I'm pretty much a beginning knitter. I could
probably come up with something similar but I am looking for any helps and
hints. I don't have a...
Forum: Yarn November 24th 09, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
scarf pattern? ... knit, tapered, eyelet

There are like THOUSANDS of patterns for scarves in every style
imaginable, so unless you have a picture, you are probably not going to
find the exact pattern you want and may have to settle for...
Forum: Yarn November 18th 09, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
star wars patterns

getnbuy wrote:
Where can I find the star wars patterns?

They will undoubtedly be copyrighted and you will have to buy them.
Check your local yarn store.
Forum: Yarn September 19th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
OT/clueless me

Linda Lee wrote:
I didn't know this was a google group as I have been posting with the
webtv. When I tried posting with the computer I had to sign up...which
I didn't...so I'll just pop in...
Forum: Yarn September 14th 09, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Cheap yarn

Katherine wrote:

If you were close to me, I would give you more than that for free.

You don't happen to live near the San Francisco Bay Area, do you? ROTFL
Forum: Yarn August 1st 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
knitting rags

mirjam wrote:

Thank you , that is lovely , but my point wan`t buying any kits , i
really wanted to Finish my Own piled up leftovers etc...
But it was interesting reading

Mirjam, if I can do...
Forum: Yarn July 31st 09, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
knitting rags

DA wrote:

Do you weave "rag rugs"? You use plain cotton thread for the warp and
strips of rags for the weft. They turn out to be beautiful.

I have done a "toothbrush rug" made by cutting...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

suzee wrote:

IIRC, the copyright is still valid for 30-some-odd years from the
original date, and it can be renewed for another 30-some-odd if the
original copyright holder does it.
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:
I got up this morning intending to look up the magazine on the interent and
email them explaining what I'd done, and apologizing. However, I've
discovered that the magazine...
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:

You know, I keep forgetting that the people on newsgroups are not my
friends. That is just seriously silly of me.

A true friend is one who will tell you the truth when...
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I will no longer send the patterns out to anyone.
I apologize to you if I seemed a liittle snippy, but I've honestly had no
idea it was...
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Murielle wrote:

I don't know. I've never checked. I'm not selling them, I'm only passing
on copies of pages from the original magazine (which I no longer have).

I expect there would be...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Need Crochet Patterns

Dixie X wrote:
Hi, I'd like to take any patterns you have off your hands, esply. for
infants. Email me and let's work it out.

Why not just Google for "free baby crochet patterns"? Trust me,...
Forum: Yarn May 19th 09, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
baby blankets

It was a mailing list in the days before advertising-supported mailing
lists, and I doubt I will ever find a copy unless someone reads this and
happened to have saved it.

Spike wrote:
the best...
Forum: Yarn May 17th 09, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
baby blankets

Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply) wrote:

About twenty years ago my cousin knitted a christening shawl using very
thin needles and very, very fine wool from the sheep's neck. The
Forum: Sewing May 15th 09, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Best fabric for placemats and napkins?

Two layers of poplin fused together with Stitch Witchery?

Pat wrote:
Can anyone tell me of the best fabric for making placemats and napkins that
won't wrinkle and curl and need to be ironed? I...
Forum: Sewing April 29th 09, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 9
Need a new machine, but which one?

PatTX wrote:

Even so, you gave some valuable advice, and I appreciate that. For sewing, I
want a free-arm, a killer buttonholer, and durability. For making those seat
covers out of auto...
Forum: Yarn April 14th 09, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Why no # 12 knitting needes?

Gerald & Donna McIntosh wrote:
Hi! Was just working on my latest modelstitching job (re-knitting sweater
on # 13 needles)
and got to wondering why needles jump from #11 to #13..Anyone got...
Forum: Sewing March 14th 09, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
any one working on a project

Olwyn.Mary wrote:

Then I'm taking a break and sewing some to beef up my work wardrobe
before I go back to knitting, at which time I am going to do a cotton
sweater that I don't have the...
Forum: Yarn March 12th 09, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Knitting in Public

I had to take my sister to the emergency room this past weekend (post
surgical complications) and I took my knitting and sat there in the ER
and worked without distraction. There was a 9- or 10-...
Forum: Sewing February 26th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 2
It is a GREAT day today!

Tony the Tiger gr-r-r-r-r-r-reat, even. *beaming*

It's always a great day, don't you think, when you find out that the
optometrist who told you two years ago that you had two separate...
Forum: Yarn February 26th 09, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3