Showing results 1 to 25 of 124
Search took 2.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joanna[_3_]
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
New photos of projects

Very cool, I love I spy for the kids.
Take Care
Joanna

On 10/6/2010 5:52 PM, Jo Gibson wrote:
Can be found at: http://community.webshots.com/user/Jo_in_Scotland

They are on the last page of...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
connecting threads

Vinegar! Works for me. Just add in the wash with whatever soap. If it
bleeds bad I may put more in the rinse cycle and do a second wash.
Joanna

On 10/5/2010 2:33 PM, Dr. Zachary Smith wrote:
That...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT entertaining a 6 year-old?

I have a 6 yr old, loves to play games on the internet. Of course
certain websites that I've all ready checked out.Although the only one I
can think of right now is lego.com. But you can also...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 10, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
3 Bags Full

I love them all, too bad you have to retire from making more. You do
such wonderful work. But I'm sure you'll find something to fill the void.
Take Care
Joanna

On 9/29/2010 3:05 PM, John wrote:
Forum: Quilting September 28th 10, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
PING Taria OT

Good for you in really making admirable attempts. I don't have much to
say but I do cover our back door with plastic stuff. Door doesn't close
properly, and can't get a new one as it's an odd size...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 10, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
O/T update on my nephew

Wow, a young man to be very proud of! My prayers are with him.
Take Care
Joanna

On 9/22/2010 11:44 AM, GrammyKathy wrote:
He posted this on Facebook: LIFE IS A TRUE BLESSING EVEN IF IT DOES
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
New quilt finished - pix

Very cool. I love the design. Wonderful work.
Joanna

On 9/1/2010 7:12 PM, Bronnie wrote:
I have just finished a Japanese fabric inspired quilt called
"Kirichigae" which means 'changed cut'. ...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Polly and anyone... CNN 5 yrs after Katrina

I felt very sad. Sad that the survivors have endured so much yet too
many,(mainly red tape people) are dragging their feet STILL! A lot have
not returned to area because of the gov't slow actions....
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
karen same here... feeling stupid

I use thunderbird too and it's taking some getting used the buttons are
in the message itself on the right hand side of the screen. Not sure I
like it but I'm trying to get used to it.
Joanna

On...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
An Item of Mostly Girly Silliness

Thanx John found my answer. This would be great in my sewing room where
it would just meet snipped threads and bits.
Joanna

On 8/23/2010 1:30 PM, John wrote:
On Aug 23, 3:58 pm,...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
An Item of Mostly Girly Silliness

I love this! It's great. But now how did you do it? What is the batting?
Did you use that timitex, or something similar? Thanx for sharing.
Take Care
Joanna

On 8/23/2010 11:39 AM, John wrote:
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Sunny... Realizing I should have taken up a different hobby

This sounds like the one I just finished. A blue jean quilt backed with
chenille. The last blue jean quilt I did was backed with flannel, both
of the king size. Well this thing is way heavier then...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 10, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT Karma

After a very hard day yesterday someone else's misery truly uplifting,
thanx for the giggle.
Joanna

On 8/22/2010 2:18 PM, NightMist wrote:

My Goddess is a scary Goddess.
Scourge of the...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
new pictures and fyi

Take "commuity." out of the addy and it will work.
Take Care
joanna

J* wrote:
i cant get your webshots to load. :(
hmmmm, i wonder what is going on.
i'll figure this out.
j.
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Possible spew warning

I read this out loud to my hubby, he loved it! It's great and it's true.
Thanx for the laugh.
Joanna

Steven Cook wrote:
So, considering that this household has two husbands, you can imagine what...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 10, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
You Can't do that!

I might be coming in late here but I say tell them to go for it. I did a
lot of things in my beginning years teaching myself how to do things
that I had no concept of what was supposed to be...
Forum: Quilting July 27th 10, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT Prayers needed

Of course, prayers are coming.
Joanna

Bobbie Sews More wrote:
For more than 2 years a nephew has been in and out of a hospital. It
started with shingles, then went from one serious medical...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 10, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT maybe; finding a technician

Can't help Polly, but had a good laugh about the John Deer, mainly cuz
I've lived places like that and remember very well what it's like.
Take Care
Joanna

Polly Esther wrote:
I posted this over...
Forum: Quilting July 25th 10, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Quilts of Valor

Can't help but I had the same thing happen here in small town Canada. I
finally ended up donating them. Some to the women's shelter and some to
Long Term Care. So good luck.
Joanna

Debbi wrote:
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Dr. Zachary... Update to my quilty things

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1200059434055455754irIQSU

I like to use pockets and emblems and such. Although this pic doesn't
show a lot of it you can see where I ripped the pockets...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Update to my quilty things

Well I guess I should give an update considering I've commenting again.

I've managed to make a few sets of pot holders. But my main focus right
now is making a blue jean quilt. It will be a wedding...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Dr Zachary

Thanx for the input I'll be writing you in the next couple of days.
Take Care
joanna
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
Dr Zachary... OT - A Letter to Patients with Chronic Illness

That letter really opened my eyes. I think I was the type that would
come to office and say I need this and this and the expect the dr to do
it. After all the way I seen it, it is MY BODY. So now I...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT being hugged

So glad to hear some good news. I'll keep the prayers coming for the rest.
Take Care
joanna

Anne Rogers wrote:
I've not been on here for a while, partly that was rejigging things on
my...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 10, 08:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Joanna[_3_]
OT - A Letter to Patients with Chronic Illness

Very nice thanx!
I will be reading it many times in my search for a new dr.
Joanna

Dr. Zachary Smith wrote:
http://www.medpagetoday.com/Blogs/21266?

Overall I think this is a pretty good one...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 124