Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Red Deer
Forum: Pottery August 23rd 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Deer
Favorite soup bowl shapes

On Aug 23, 10:08 am, "DKat" wrote:
I'm about to start making a bunch of soup bowls so that I have them for next
years feed the hungry event. I like my soup bowls with...
Forum: Pottery May 24th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Red Deer
WD40

On May 23, 10:45 am, StT wrote:
charlie wrote:
"DKat" wrote in message
I remember a discussion on what...
Forum: Pottery May 21st 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By Red Deer
Wine coolers

Hi Everyone,
I've been invited to sell my pots at a wine festival in June. I make
stoneware pots but I wanted to make some wine cooler pots for this
event and I was wondering if stoneware will work...
Forum: Pottery May 21st 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By Red Deer
Wine coolers

Hi Everyone,
I've been invited to sell my pots at a wine festival in June. I make
stoneware pots but I wanted to make some wine cooler pots for this
event and I was wondering if stoneware will work...
Forum: Pottery May 21st 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 16
Posted By Red Deer
Wine coolers

Hi Everyone,
I've been invited to sell my pots at a wine festival in June. I make
stoneware pots but I wanted to make some wine cooler pots for this
event and I was wondering if stoneware will work...
Forum: Pottery May 12th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Deer
Raku

On May 11, 6:56 pm, "STEPHEN MILLS"
wrote:
It may well be that you are putting much too much heat into it:
beg, borrow, or buy a thermocouple and pyrometer if you...
Forum: Pottery May 10th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Deer
Raku

Hi Everyone,
I got a portable raku kiln a while back and I haven't been able to get
good results.
I was using a 17 pound propane tank which kept freezing up so I got a
100lb tank yesterday and it...
Forum: Pottery April 9th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Red Deer
cone 6 porcelain

Hi Everyone,
I fired a piece of Laguna Frost cone 6 porcelain using my regular cone
6 stoneware glaze and the glaze ran. It doesn't on stoneware. Does
anyone know if there is something about...
Forum: Pottery March 21st 07, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Red Deer
Level rims

On Mar 19, 9:26 pm, Rob Morley wrote:
In article , Mel Owen
says...

Thank you for your help! I promised...
Forum: Pottery March 21st 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Red Deer
recipes

Hi All,
Some of the pots I make seem to sell better when I provide a recipe to
go with the pot but there must be a better way to do it than the way I
have been doing it. I write out a recipe on an...
Forum: Pottery February 10th 07, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Red Deer
winter time dry cracked hands

On Feb 9, 1:01 am, (Elaine Stutt) wrote:
Elderberry Blossom ) writes:
I know we are all suffering dry cracked hands I wear rubber gloves for
Forum: Pottery January 10th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Red Deer
Clay Boss wheel

Jim wrote:
I am looking for opinions from users of the Clay Boss wheels. It seems they
are the most reasonably priced but are they good for the money?

Hi Jim,
I have a Big Boss wheel and I do...
Forum: Pottery December 21st 06, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Red Deer
Containers for fruit/veg etc

Bubbles_ wrote:
Hey ho, folks!

Merry Christmas!

I have been making lidded pots for garlic and onion for a while now. I put
holes top and bottom and shape them like garlic or onion. Silly,...
Forum: Pottery December 8th 06, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Red Deer
soap dish

Hi Everyone,
Someone asked me to make them a toothbrush holder and a cup and a
soapdish for their bathroom. I am having some difficulty figuring out
how to make the soapdish. My main problem is how...
Forum: Pottery November 26th 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Red Deer
Is it microwavable?

DKat wrote:
That is a new one for me. I use that clay and have no problem sticking it
in the microwave. You can actually use metal in the microwave as long as
you have enough mass of liquid...
Forum: Pottery November 26th 06, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Red Deer
Is it microwavable?

Hi Everyone,
Often I use a speckled clay (Standard 112) which I fire to cone 6.
Recently another potter said it was not microwavable due to the
manganese content which makes the speckles. I was...
Forum: Pottery November 16th 06, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By Red Deer
borax

Hi Everyone,
When a glaze recipe calls for borax, is that the same thing as what I
can get at the grocery store called 20 mule team borax in the laundry
department?
Thank you for any help you can...
Forum: Pottery September 30th 06, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By Red Deer
glaze gone bad

Hi Everyone,
Can glazes go bad? I have a glaze that was real nice when it was new
(two years ago). Now it seems to have gone bad. The pots with this
glaze on them come out of the kiln with what...
Forum: Pottery September 20th 06, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Deer
raku

Hi Everyone,
I just got a raku kiln. My problem is I can't tell when it's time to
turn it off and reduce the pots. I have a peephole but I really don't
know what to look for. Can anyone help...
Forum: Pottery September 13th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Red Deer
glaze ingredient

Hi All,
I have a recipe for a glaze that calls for R 10. I made the glaze and
love it on a certain clay and I showed the piece to a friend. He
wanted the recipe so I gave it to him and he asked me...
Forum: Pottery September 13th 06, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 20
Posted By Red Deer
getting started, the what's and how's

GO wrote:
Hi all,

Any idea on the cost of getting started with making my own pottery?

Interested in getting a kiln, potter wheel and various tools.

Comments appreciated.

GO
Forum: Pottery September 6th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Red Deer
wedging?

Bubbles_ wrote:
"thepubguy" wrote in message
what is everybodys opinion on wedging clay fresh from the bag? is it
Forum: Pottery August 20th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Deer
raku firing

Thank you for all your words of wisdom. I will keep all of it in mind
when I do my first raku firing. (I've participated in raku firing in
pottery classes but never all on my own.)
Sandi
steve ...
Forum: Pottery August 18th 06, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Deer
raku firing

Hi All,
I'm getting a portalble raku kiln next week. I've been looking around
my yard for a suitable place for it and I was wondering how close to
the house can I put it. I'm hoping for a space...
Forum: Pottery August 15th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Red Deer
ferric chloride

Thank you all for the information on ferric chloride. Deg, thank's for
that website. I ordered a bottle of it from there.
Sandi
Leonard wrote:
Believe it or not. Try this......

Showing results 1 to 25 of 30