Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 5string
Forum: Pottery March 2nd 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By 5string
Spectrum Hi Fire Glazes

Hi. Has anyone tried the Spectrum Hi Fire Glazes (1200 series)? What has
been your experience? I know that they are a little pricey, but I only plan
on using a small amount to decorate some...
Forum: Pottery February 9th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By 5string
winter time dry cracked hands

Burt's Bees -- Hand Salve.

"Elderberry Blossom" wrote in message
I know we are all suffering dry cracked hands I wear...
Forum: Pottery February 9th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
^6 Yellow glaze recipe?

DKat --- thanks. I'll take a look at it and maybe give it a try. Rick

"DKat" wrote in message
Forum: Pottery February 8th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
^6 Yellow glaze recipe?

Hi. Does anyone have a ^6 yellow glaze recipe -- something similar to a ^10
yellow salt? Thanks in advance. Rick
Forum: Pottery January 24th 07, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
Kiln wash recipe for ^6

Steve, thanks! Rick

"Steve Mills" wrote in message
2 parts by weight Alumina Hydrate.
1 PBW Kaolin.
Mix...
Forum: Pottery January 19th 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
Kiln wash recipe for ^6

I have another question. Does anyone have a recipe for kiln wash for an
electric kiln (^6) that they are willing to share? Thanks again. Rick
Forum: Pottery January 19th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By 5string
Recipe for ^10 slip

Sam, thanks. Rick

"Sam Kelly" wrote in message
Ball Clay 70
Silica(flint) 26
Frit 4110(3110) 4
Forum: Pottery January 19th 07, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By 5string
Recipe for ^10 slip

I am looking for a recipe for a white ^10 slip. Can anyone help me out.
Thanks. Rick
Forum: Pottery September 30th 06, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By 5string
^10 - light reduction glazes

Donna, thanks for the "thinking out loud" comments. At the studio I used to
be at, which was a community studio, we used a variety of glazes such as
yellow salt, leach white, cd black, cobalt...
Forum: Pottery September 30th 06, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By 5string
^10 - light reduction glazes

I recently switched studios from one that did ^10 heavy-reduction to one
that does ^10 light-reduction. I tried a bunch of test tiles using glazes
from my previous studio (i.e., heavy reduction)...
Forum: Pottery September 25th 06, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
Low-fire lead-free glazes?

Based on a quick check, it looks promising. Thanks. Rick

"DKat" wrote in message

"5string" wrote in...
Forum: Pottery September 24th 06, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By 5string
Low-fire lead-free glazes?

Hi. I was looking at Charles Gillespie's Cone04 - Low Fire Pottery Book (2nd
ed.), and noticed that most of the glaze recipes contain "white lead." Does
anyone know of a source of low-fire...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12