Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 1.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: anthony in Clearwater
Forum: Quilting March 28th 09, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Question for those who don't prewash

Do what you do, only AFTER the quilt is made.

Louise in Iowa wrote:
I'll be making a quilt for my niece and her husband, and it will have a very
dark brown fabric in it. I prewash, and when I...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Finished Farm quilt

That' very pretty. Bright, colorful and very well made. You should be
very pleased.

Heidi wrote:
I haven't been quilting all that long, so haven't finished a lot of
projects, but just...
Forum: Quilting March 22nd 09, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Now that's PURPLE

I have both and the design of the pfaff foot is much more "rocker" style
and you don't get the bump. It even works well when you have pins
sticking out to the right. There is also one for...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
New Ohio Star Quilt

I dry my Hobbs wool in the dryer on the medium setting.. Never had a
problem. Quilter's Dream also advertises machine wash & dry for their
wool batting. I first tried out the Hobbs on a table...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 09, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Now that's PURPLE

Who...? Where...? How...? I want mine to be lime green.

anthony in Clearwater wrote:
That is soooooo cool!

TinaR wrote:
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 09, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Now that's PURPLE

That is soooooo cool!

TinaR wrote:
I have been wanting a Featherweight for the longest time, and when I
started seeing ones painted other colors, I decided that was exactly
what I wanted for...
Forum: Quilting March 18th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Weird and ugly fabric challenge

I wanna play!

Trixie wrote:
http://www.rossoaps.com/n2quilting/weird/

I especially like the person who says she heard that if a fabric is ugly it
just means you haven't cut it into small...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 09, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
batting

As I was just about to add, Roberta... Crazy quilts were typically not
filled with batting. They just had a backing added. With the weight of
the velvets and brocades, you won't need batting.

I...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
New photos of quilts and handmade projects

And Shasha is a doll too!

Jo Gibson wrote:
Hiya folks,

I have finally uploaded some photos of quilts, Marvelous Mark and some
handmade items I gave away at Christmas. The last page of...
Forum: Quilting February 26th 09, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
A Quilt Just for Her

Cool! It's hard to best the classics!

John wrote:
Here is the Quilt that is a companion piece to the one I made just for
me. It is for my Wife to use while watching TV in the chair along side
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 09, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Free motion quilting questions

Oops. You're so right. Lower feed dogs, optional. Lower presser foot,
must. Sorry for the typo; it was late...

Julia in MN wrote:
I think you mean lowering the feed dogs. If you don't lower...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 09, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Free motion quilting questions

Love the positive attitude. Sounds like you're having fun. And that's
what it's all about!

Michelle C wrote:
Just 29 hours and 35 minutes to go! ;-)

Michelle in NV
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 09, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Free motion quilting questions

You don't need to worry about lowering the presser foot. Ad the worst
thing you can do is cover them. That just puts something else in your
way. Simply lower your stitch length to zero or as low...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 09, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
New Photos up

You have some gorgeous quilts, Maureen. But, the Almost Amish Sampler
doesn't seem to fit in with the rest. Please pack it carefully and send
it to me as soon as possible. To show you that my...
Forum: Quilting February 19th 09, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla - Oh My!

How many blocks? Can they be civil war fabrics?

Dannielle wrote:
And yes, this is on topic! Anyone interested in a neapolitan block
swap? Pink, brown and cream, 6 inch blocks to be posted in...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Stitching with Both feet

I do it with my beginners. They think that's the way it must be done
and don't even question it. And 99% of them have it down within three
passes. And many of them come back and thank me for...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
I made one just for me.

I love Harriet's wool batting too. It's comfy even here in Florida.

John wrote:
After doing quilts for everybody but myself, I thought I would do one
that was just for me for use while sitting...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Free traditional patterns from Jinny Beyer

http://www.jinnybeyer.com/block-a-week/live/patterns.cfm?blockid=100
--

Regards,
anthony in Clearwater

[To reply privately, pls replace
"live dot com" with "bigfoot dot com."
Yes, the...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Update: Webshots 2009 album (was Happy, happy dancing!!!)

Looks great. That free motion is addictive isn't it. And fast! Once
you get the hang of it, it's hard to go back to the old ways.

heidi (was rabbit2b) wrote:
Many thanks to all who tried to...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Stitching with Both feet

Polly, I also stress learning to cut with both hands as well. It comes
in handy a lot of times.

--

Regards,
anthony in Clearwater

[To reply privately, pls replace
"live dot com" with "bigfoot...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 09, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
FMQ - skipped stitches then none at all - Help please

Schmetz makes a Quilting needle. Comes in different sizes. if you
can't find one, sharps are easy. Remember to match the thread size to
the needle; with a larger thread, use a larger needle. I...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Quilt Room Pix

I absolutely love the ides of sorting by amount of fabric. Now, why
didn't I think of that???

Congrats. I bet you feel like a weight has been lifted. Now get back
to work! ~:o)

--...
Forum: Quilting February 15th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Artful Bras Project - not really OT

Worthy of sharing. Pass it on!

Donna in Idaho wrote:
Maybe this has already been posted to the ng, but these one-of-a-kind bras
for Breast Cancer Awareness are fantastic.

Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Good free find for storage/other uses

probably great for dyeing too.

TinaR wrote:
If you have a Kilwin's Ice Cream near you, they normally give away
their plastic ice cream containers - all washed and pretty. They are
the large...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Do you know these blocks?

OK. I'll ask it. Are they an item?

anthony, blushing with shame in Clearwater....

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Traditional blocks w/ traditional names,
nice slide show:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 79