Showing results 1 to 25 of 187
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: - dlm.
Forum: Quilting July 29th 14, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By - dlm.
Long sashing strips query...

Brian, Julia and Pat,

Thanks for weighing in. I calculated the amount of yardage necessary to create corner stones out of the background fabric and I would be cutting it too short (no pun...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 14, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By - dlm.
Long sashing strips query...

Leslie,

Thanks for your input! Unfortunately, since this is an ancient UFO, I don't seem to have any of the fabrics left from the front to act as "corner stones" to help mask the fact that I don't...
Forum: Quilting July 28th 14, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By - dlm.
Long sashing strips query...

Will the Quilt Police issue a citation if I'm forced to piece all of my long sashing strips? Is this going to be an egregious error on my part? If not, will I just piece the strips on the diagonal,...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 14, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By - dlm.
is anyone left here?

Hello again! It has been such a long time since I've read/posted here.

Just to catch up, I'm trying to finish a quilt for my eldest DD to take to university in the fall. I've never machine quilted...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 13, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Butterfly! I'm SO glad to "see" you again. Hope that all is well in your world!

- dlm. who will definitely provide the CCC's

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:21:20 AM UTC-4, Butterfly-Wings...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 13, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By - dlm.
Does anyone own the John Flynn Multi-Frame System?

I that you may have hit upon part of my problem, Taria. My SM sits on a square metal table/desk. My office chair doesn't even fit underneath the desk because of the metal shelving. While I finally...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 13, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Leslie - I can't wait to try out your method for adding a thin piping border. Thanks for the great explanation!

- dlm.

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:45:05 PM UTC-4, Leslie & The Furbabies...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By - dlm.
old member would liek to pick up again

Hello! I'm "- dlm." and I used to post as "- dlm." on RCTQ many years ago. Through this fabulous group, I met many people, one of whom I still keep in close contact with. As I am finally...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By - dlm.
news from our new home

Many congrats on your quick sale and your new townhouse near your DS and his family. Wishing you all the best in your new home and in this new phase of your lives. Although it is very late to say...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By - dlm.
Does anyone own the John Flynn Multi-Frame System?

Just popped 'round John Flynn's site to find the quilt backing formula that 'Sally at the Seaside' recommended. I noticed that the multi-frame system has a relatively reasonable price-point and can...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Ahhh, yes...I remember Miz Sairey and her sizzle strip! Thanks for the fond memory. I'm already a huge fan of a thin border and a thick chunky border. So, I really love the idea of something more...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Sally - I *love* your idea for a really thin "piping" between the centre and the border. Whilst I don't have any fabric remaining from the centre, I do have an extensive collection of FQ and...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Well, if you think about it, that size would go all the way round

him/her! So it would be fine.

Can I just mention that there is no need to make bias binding for a

Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into alap quilt...

Hello again! I found six 6-inch cut strips of fabric and a just enough yardage left to cut another strip so that the colour study centre could have a single 5.5 inch finished border. All I would...
Forum: Quilting September 1st 13, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Query regarding fabric requirements to turn a wall hanging into a lap quilt...

Hello!

Years ago, I started what I expected to be a large wall hanging. This UFO colour study is 45 inches wide by 56 inches long. I would like to turn it into a decent sized lap quilt for my...
Forum: Quilting August 11th 13, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By - dlm.
OT - Chocolate cupcake recipe?

Pat - I'm SO jealous! I would love to have a bite (or three) of the real "Death by Chocolate" cake. I've made it following the recipe in his cookbook. It was fantastic! That said, I was...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 13, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Taria - Boy, you aren't kidding! I'll definitely leave that UFO alone until I get used to living without caffeine. ( Until then, maybe if I just get out my "Espresso" quilt that will suffice? It...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 13, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Thanks, Carole! No curves on this particular lap quilt. Another UFO, yes, but thankfully not this one.

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:34:18 PM UTC-4, CaroleD-Retired and Loving It wrote:
Unless...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 13, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Gotcha, Polly! I may try your technique for my next UFO. So many UFOs, sew little time. I really don't like making and sewing bias bindings, but it was the way I was "taught" back in the day...

Forum: Quilting July 13th 13, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Whoo Hoo! I understand what you were saying...

Thanks so much Barbara.

- dlm.

snip

If your yardage is 45 inches wide, then your strips would be 45 inches long
Forum: Quilting July 13th 13, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Thanks for the reply, Bobby! I really do need a caffeine infusion because I need clarification. Does this mean that you are cutting the strips for the binding perpendicular to the selvedge edge? ...
Forum: Quilting July 13th 13, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:30:18 PM UTC-4, Polly Esther wrote:

Hey Polly! So nice to "see" you again. When I cut the strips for the large border, I cut them parallel to the selvedge edge. Are...
Forum: Quilting July 13th 13, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By - dlm.
Binding query...

Hello!

I recently decided to finish an ancient Asian Style lap quilt. I do mean ancient! The lap quilt was started in 2002. All the blocks were made but I just never cut the strips for the skinny...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 11, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By - dlm.
free 9-patch ebook

On Oct 3, 2:04*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

It's free, it's from Quilters Newsletter, and it's purty.

http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/nine-patch-quilt-patterns.html

[if...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 11, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By - dlm.
Quilted curtains?

On Oct 3, 9:21*am, Janner
wrote:
Anyone ever made quilted curtains?

Janner - Whilst I haven't made "quilted" curtains per se, I have used
a thin flannel...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 187