Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gw
Forum: Needlework February 29th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By gw
This embroidery page

is supposed to have a virus difficulty--do not open!!!!
gw
Forum: Needlework February 19th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By gw
shop closure alert!!!!

I just didn't want them to go out with out some sort of
attention....they are too good a shop for that. gw
Forum: Needlework February 19th 08, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By gw
shop closure alert!!!!

The Yarn Barn of San Antonio is closing on the 15th April, as they
lost their lease. So far it looks like no one will buy the store
either, so it's going to be gone.

The thing is that the Yarn Barn...
Forum: Yarn January 3rd 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By gw
How Long Does It Take?

you could get done a lot faster by
1) letting your family unit know they need to help with their own
laundry
(they can learn how to take care of those wonderful socks you are
supposed
to be...
Forum: Yarn December 23rd 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By gw
a new knitted Moebious will be started +new hat

yesterday i didn`t find my favorite knitted hat,
[of course *it was in full sight !!!] , but this decided for me that i
should have a 2nd hat in this pattern . another wondeful travel or tv
Forum: Yarn December 4th 07, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By gw
ribbon yarn

found three spools of lovely variagated ribbon yarn over at Walmarts
today, on sale. What do I need to know about knitting this stuff? Do I
need to keep it in straightened loops, or can I mix it...
Forum: Needlework November 28th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 227
Posted By gw
OFF TOPIC - pierced ears

On Nov 23, 10:06 am, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

at what...
Forum: Needlework November 28th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 18
Posted By gw
Tambour Hook Use???

Since I'm thinking about this, has anyone used a tambour hook to
stitch or bead with yet?

I have to admit that after a summer bead project I did I found that on
fabric, at least, (a nicely...
Forum: Needlework November 19th 07, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By gw
knitting in the round on dp needles

Joy, thank you so much for your good advice, and in fact to all who
posted. I am feeling a bit more confident now with beginning, but I do
like what you said, Joy and I am going to write it down to...
Forum: Needlework November 17th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By gw
knitting in the round on dp needles

I have to make up a bunch of hats, like a watch cap, and the yarn
takes a US 7/9 needle. I have the dp needles now, (tried on a
circular, but could NOT get this to work) and wondered is...
Forum: Needlework November 4th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By gw
ok, heres a poser

I am looking for a knitted childs hat, similar to a watch cap. Does
anyone have a favorite? It can be fancy, but not frilly, (for a boy)
and can have some cables, or what have you.

Thanks!
gw
Forum: Needlework August 13th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By gw
have asked before, but hope for more info

On Aug 12, 2:23 pm, janice142 wrote:
If I was looking, I'd call the local (there in Livermore) library.

oooh, good idea, will email, too, harder to ignore me! But I...
Forum: Needlework August 12th 07, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By gw
have asked before, but hope for more info

On Aug 11, 8:39 pm, gw wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Aardvark Territorial Enterprise---
(ATE) in Livermore, California?

not any more... I lost the newsletter...
Forum: Needlework August 12th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By gw
have asked before, but hope for more info

Does anyone know what happened to Aardvark Territorial Enterprise---
(ATE) in Livermore, California?

I moved, and while moving lost track of them, (they weren't online)
and now can't find them...
Forum: Needlework July 30th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By gw
Old patterns now online

there are three pages online, too, don't quit after just one!

The only thing I have a quibble with is that some of the scans run off
the page, so to speak, But they are free, so I can't be too...
Forum: Needlework July 30th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By gw
Just an advice

I would recommend a trip to Fairfax and the "G Street" store. They do
mostly fabrics, but have other types of books and a whole lot of
ideas. They can direct you to embroidery shops, or other craft...
Forum: Needlework April 19th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By gw
tambour embroidery frame

there used to be a site with a handmade tambour or slate frame (for
larger embroidery or beading pieces) online and I have not been able
to find it. However, I would be interested in any group of...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17