Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elaine Stutt
Forum: Pottery January 8th 10, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Anybody Home?

Bob Masta ) writes:
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:25:49 -0800 (PST), "Lee In
Minneapolis, MN" wrote:

Just wondering if anybody is watching the list.

Forum: Pottery September 23rd 08, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 9
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Definitions of Food Safe

"Dee Kat" ) writes:
This is nice to know and I have read it before - I believe one of the issues
with copper in a glaze is that it is one of the ingredients that leaches
Forum: Pottery September 17th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 9
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Definitions of Food Safe

Thanks for the contributions thus far.

Do studio potters in California test their work? Would it be
only pieces with say Cobalt in the glaze, one piece per batch?

I find a there's a lot of truth...
Forum: Pottery September 11th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 9
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Definitions of Food Safe

I know we're not too active here but i'd be interested in your
definition of food safe and how you determine if a glaze or particular
piece of pottery is food safe. Anyone reading this in the next...
Forum: Pottery August 11th 08, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Elaine Stutt
How can they DO that!

"jdfanning" ) writes:
I think they make those big pots from a mold.
Sandi

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
There's a small mall near me (in Ann...
Forum: Pottery May 12th 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Elaine Stutt
ClayArt

"D Kat" ) writes:
So what is taking their place? I put up with the clayart format because of
the people who post there. Viewing on the web for Yahoo and Google is
Forum: Pottery May 11th 08, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By Elaine Stutt
ClayArt

"D Kat" ) writes:
Has anyone had luck with clayart yet? And what has happened to this room?
Donna

Don't know about Clayart but it seems that all the newsgroups...
Forum: Pottery December 7th 07, 06:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Talc!

"charlie" ) writes:
"DKat" wrote in message - snips -
Apparently Ceramic Supplies (NJ) gets...
Forum: Pottery June 29th 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Ruined Pit Fired Pieces

WJS ) writes:
Ahhhh,
but will it be vitreous at pit fire temps g? Prolly not.
Best,
Wayne Seidl

steve wrote:
by the way - i only use cone 10...
Forum: Pottery June 7th 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 16
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Wine coolers

"DKat" ) writes:
If you want it that chilled then what you want is a container larger enough
to hold the bottle, and the width of the ice cube (plus when you are making...
Forum: Pottery June 7th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 16
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Wine coolers

"Bubbles_" ) writes:
"Red Deer" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
I've been invited...
Forum: Pottery February 9th 07, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Elaine Stutt
winter time dry cracked hands

Elderberry Blossom ) writes:
I know we are all suffering dry cracked hands I wear rubber gloves for
almost everything but throwing, but with my own work and teaching two
Forum: Pottery January 11th 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 15
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Rolling Clay

"usene" ) writes:
Hi
Just a quick one off question I hope someone here won't mind answering.
We are making many small clay flowers and have to roll the clay
thinly and...
Forum: Pottery December 13th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Storing glaze

"Steve Mills" ) writes:
When I can't get new ones, I use food grade buckets from the local
Deli/Bakers/Burger takeaway/etc; they always have good sealing lids and only...
Forum: Pottery December 12th 06, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Storing glaze

People occasionally ask for start up tips. Here's one: store your
glazes in containers with good seals. Duh! In trying to save money
and not having a source of larger buckets with sealing lids, I...
Forum: Pottery November 23rd 06, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Single firing Done!

"Steve Mills" ) writes:
Well done Donna
:-) Steve
Bath UK

"DKat" wrote in message
Well I...
Forum: Pottery November 20th 06, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 30
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Attention Steve Mills (and other singel fire players) Single Fire Cone 6 Oxidation

"DKat" ) writes:
"Elaine Stutt" wrote in message
Elaine Stutt ) writes:
Forum: Pottery November 19th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 30
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Attention Steve Mills (and other singel fire players) Single Fire Cone 6 Oxidation

Elaine Stutt ) writes:
"DKat" ) writes:
So heres the deal - most of the glazes I tested worked just fine except for
the lips where at least...
Forum: Pottery November 13th 06, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery

"DKat" ) writes:
So heres the deal - most of the glazes I tested worked just fine except for
the lips where at least half of them simply flaked off. I hate to put these
Forum: Pottery September 11th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Elaine Stutt
Bisque Fire question

) writes:
So....

I accidently used Cone "4" to bisque fire a large number of vases,
mugs, bowls etc.... Obviously I meant to use Cone "04"...

Anyone know what the...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20