Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JustJoanQuilts
Forum: Quilting August 28th 06, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 104
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" rather than a "girl"?

I know where you are coming from. I can't count how many times I have
been asked, 'why don't you wear make-up, have you ever . . ., etc.,
etc.' On my wedding day at the reception, my aunt pinned me...
Forum: Quilting August 24th 06, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
quilts carved in wood

I saw the one named "Floating" at AQS in Paducah, it's shown in his
gallery of pics. I know the sign said 'Don't Touch', but I had to
because even up close you could not tell that it was not...
Forum: Quilting August 21st 06, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Nashville Show

I was just wondering if anyone is going to the AQS show this week on
August 23, 24, 25, 26. I will be there with my DD on Friday, hopefully
all day. DD is a quilter, she doesn't know it yet, so I...
Forum: Quilting July 20th 06, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Thank you to all . . . flown with SM?

Thank you all so much for the all the info. I have made a list of the
quilt shops and checking online as well, but I love going to LQS's that
other quilters like! And I guess I will be flying with...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
has anyone flown with SM?

Going on vacation to northern Wisconsin and want to take my SM, after
all vacation is about relaxing and what better way to do that!! We
used to drive with the big van but now that my DH works for...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 06, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Need Prayers for DH

Glad everything went well for DH! Hope his recupe goes quickly(for
you) LOL!!! As for me, I definitely do not love when my DH is laid up
with so much as a cold, I keep the vitamins well stocked and...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 06, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
guild show and tell . .

Thank you ladies for all the adoption offers to take care of my tops,
but if you are Toppers yourselves, I wouldn't want to mess with the
owner/quilt top ratio. Then I would have to worry about some...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 06, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Am I done yet?

It is just beautiful the way it is! IMHO- I don't think a border would
add anything and would possibly detract from the overall design. JMHO

Joan (from GA for the moment)
BJ wrote:
Here is a...
Forum: Quilting July 16th 06, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
guild show and tell . .

I haven't been in a guild for a while but the one I used to be in had
everything at show and share, usually the ones who showed tops are what
we called "Toppers"; quilters who love making the tops...
Forum: Quilting July 14th 06, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
OT: AARP invite

I know what you mean, just got mine yesterday, I'm only 48, they could
have waited a year or not send the stupid thing at all. If I want to
join, then I will search them out and ginen the fact that...
Forum: Quilting July 13th 06, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
not really OT..just a curious question

I feel your pain! I hate when that happens!!! What I have learned is
that when I am doing any quilting or a craft and something falls to the
floor, it is most definitely going to land on my foot...
Forum: Quilting July 7th 06, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
FAQs Long question~

Thank you for such a generous offer, it's nice to know what a wonderful
group you all are to offer your time and energy and large vehicles to
help me pack and move my stash!!! LOL!!
But, no, sorry...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs more answers, pleaseee!

Pat,
Thank you as well for the info, I love how everyone is willing to help,
I don't really know anyone at this point but I have felt so welcomed.
It makes me want to know everyone!
Joan from GA for...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs answers, pleaseee!

Alice,
Thank you for the help. I can't find it in my google account but
that's ok. It will allow me to be more creative with my signature,
letting my mood guide me!!

Joan(physically in GA but...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs more answers, pleaseee!

Jessamy,
Thank you for educating me further. I am starting to feel more
confident about participating, and for that I am greatful!!

Joan from GA

Jessamy wrote:
interspersed again ;-)
Forum: Quilting July 6th 06, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
FAQs Long question~

Sandy,
Thank you for your response, I did go to the rctq faq page, it was
extremely helpful. I know a lot of the chat related abbreviations but
the group ones, not so much! I am glad i know what...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs answers, pleaseee!

WOW!! Thank you for a lightning speed response, I really appreciate
it. I feel smarter already.
One more comment, I reply by clicking on the 'reply' at the bottom of
the posting or start a new...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs more answers, pleaseee!

My mind returned for the moment, what is a Squishie? and what is a
HUG? I know this is a cyber hug {{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}, but I think there
is another kind you refer to here, I could be a complete...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 06, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 99
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Directory question~newbie needs answers, pleaseee!

Directory questions:
What is the directory? How do you get in it? What info will be in it?
Is it too late to be included?
Other questions:
What does OT stand for? This one drives me crazy, could...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By JustJoanQuilts
Finished--with Pictures

what a fabulous bunch of quilts! Please tell me that this years worth
of work and not just what you have accomplished in the last 6 months!!
Love everything about them, especially the mountains and...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20