Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 1.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Forum: Quilting March 30th 11, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
off for indeterminate amount of time

Latest is that my son is being bullied at school and the school isn't
handling it

We had the same problem and ended up home schooling for 5 years then
an alternative school for 2 more. He had...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 11, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Who is making a Frugal Patch?

It doesn't make any sense but I found it listed as "The Frugal Patch"
under "T". Go Figure.

Diana

On Feb 24, 12:35*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Where, Mary? Didn't see it...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 11, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
OT Storm update

Our local groundhog, Punxatawney Phil, didn't see his shadow. It was
sleeting and icy rain. I suspect we are still in for 6 more weeks
anyway. I am soooo ready for little green shoots coming out of...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 11, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
OT - Weather - Update

I don't think we are up to 18 but we have a good 12. My DH is out
snow blowing the driveway so the heating co. truck can get down when
it gets here. It was supposed to be at 8 but just got a call...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 11, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
OT - Weather

It's been nasty up here in the western suburbs of Philadelphia too.
We had thunder with the snow around dinner time. I'm glad the
temperature dropped again and turned the precipitation back to...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
I Need Encouragement.

Your quilt will be beautiful and everyone will love it. It is hard
getting back in the groove even with something you love doing and are
good at. And creating art under time pressure is doubly...
Forum: Quilting January 9th 11, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Midget Quilt Blocks Posted

On Jan 9, 1:50*pm, Bev in TX wrote:
I happened to notice that, after a long hiatus, Sentimental Stitches
posted more of their Midget quilt blocks,...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 11, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Do SOMETHING new

I'm with you Nana. I was sitting at my computer yesterday just going
through posts in various lists and before I knew it an entire hour has
passed. An hour when I could have been doing something...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 11, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Do SOMETHING new

I'm with you Nana. I was sitting at my computer yesterday just going
through posts in various lists and before I knew it an entire hour has
passed. An hour when I could have been doing something...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 10, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
The evolution of a pattern

On Nov 14, 10:15*am, John wrote:
On Nov 13, 9:24*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:

WELL, Well, well. *Happy Day! *I wondered if I'd live long...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 10, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Quilt blocks by Tracey Sims

On Nov 10, 1:59*pm, ME-Judy wrote:
On Nov 9, 9:30*pm, "DiMa" wrote:
I couldn't get to the website :-(
ME-Judy

I seem to get that a lot with google...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Buying Fabric online

I've used www.fabric.com many times and have always had good
experiences with them. On the one occasion I rec'd the wrong item,
they cheerfully corrected the problem immediately. I usually get...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 10, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
3rd grade classroom quilt

How about tracing each child's hands in a muslin square and letting
them decorate it with fabric markers. They could then be incorporated
into a final quilt in lots of different ways.

Diana - PA

On...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 10, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
PNQE

I will be there for the entire show although I will probably leave by
5 on Thursday. I have a booth in the merchants' mall - "Glass On The
Square". We've never done the Mancuso show before but my...
Forum: Quilting July 27th 10, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
OT- help needed

On Jul 27, 10:28*am, Bonnie Patterson
wrote:
I have so many passwords that I keep a list, and that's why I miss my
laptop with the fingerprint reader. Whenever a site...
Forum: Quilting July 15th 10, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Letter to Fons & Porter

I like the Fiskars brand myself. They seem to have less sticky oil on
them when new and they seem to stay sharper longer for me. I get them
at JoAnns when I get a coupon.

Diana - PA

On Jul 15,...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 10, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
I'm refusing to buy

I think Amazon is more of a clearing house for small stores/
individuals when it comes to items other than books. Anyone can sell
through Amazon. I looked into possibly selling some of my...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Seeking recommendation for sewing machine extension table

I use a foldable computer table and set my machine on the drop down
keyboard tray that I bought for $49 at one of the nationwide computer
superstores years ago. The table is about 30" x 60" and...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 10, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Speaking of Facebook - NOT OT

Cindy,

What kind of blocks are they? Maybe I can make you a few or even have
some from other swaps that I can send you. Swap blocks tend to have
similar themes and sizes and I'd always make a few...
Forum: Quilting June 16th 10, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
newsgroup

I do. I joined about a year ago and the group is really lovely. I'll
be going to my first swarm in Vermont next week with them. The Swarm
is an informal group of some of the members. Someone on the...
Forum: Quilting May 25th 10, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
OT Tis the Season

When my DH is grilling, I usually just supply whatever appropriate
protein I have around or in the freezer and he tries out new recipes.
Some more successful than others, but hey...I'm not doing...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 10, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
well, I learned something about my Janome

I have a Brother 1500S that I think is very similar to your Janome and
had the same problem until I found the hidden thread guide. I had to
Forum: Quilting April 23rd 10, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Errors in Patterns

It's not just a problem in books. Recently my guild hosted a workshop
that involved paper piecing a complicated circle pattern that had to
be pre-purchased from the teacher. The ladies taking the...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 10, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
need printer advice

I've had mostly good experiences with HP (except for their L4 laser
upright model which they admit was poorly designed) since I bought my
my fist one back in the '80's. All of them have lasted far...
Forum: Quilting March 26th 10, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By PhillyQuilter[_2_]
Press left, press right

I've thumbed my nose at the 'quilt police' as well. Like a lot of you
ladies, I come from a garment making background. When I started
quilting, I listened to the accumulated 'wisdom', tried to press...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37