Showing results 1 to 25 of 229
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kay Ahr
Forum: Quilting January 18th 14, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Kay Ahr
what are u working on?

Carol Doak's Scrap Scramble BOM Mystery.
The January "block" is actually 9 blocks -- 1 large and 8 small all using
the same design. I've gotten really bored working on them. Might be able
to...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 13, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Kay Ahr
What are the categories for quilts in a quilt show?

http://quiltguildindy.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2013-Quilt-Show-Categories-for-website.pdf
This is what a committee came up with in our guild for the October 2013
quilt show. I didn't belong...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 13, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Kay Ahr
on Facebook instead . . .

I've been visiting the Facebook page on a regular basis. Had trouble
getting here though because my old computer just had a hard time getting
here. That old computer was from 2005, so what was I...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 13, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kay Ahr
Prices of fabric

Neither.
Kay Ahr in Indianapolis, Indiana USA

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
Will the price of fabric mean the...
Forum: Quilting December 20th 12, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kay Ahr
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

Another opportunity
http://www.pta.org/parents/content.cfm?ItemNumber=3459

Kay Ahr in Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Forum: Quilting December 16th 12, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kay Ahr
Quilts Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

Sandy, looks like that's already been done by Project Linus. Mark Lipinski
posted information on his Facebook page about pillowcases. I'll just copy
and paste it here between the...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kay Ahr
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

I am sending an email to the contact person listed for the Goshen Star Quilt
Guild at the National Quilting Association. They are about 42 miles from
Sandy Hook. There may even be churches with...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 12, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Kay Ahr
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

I would be willing to make blocks ONLY if there are frequent photos to
update the number of blocks and a photo to document the finished quilt and a
photo to document the quilt being given. I'd...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 12, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Kay Ahr
RCTQ website

I think I'm still "working" on the 2006-2007. I like that anniversary idea!
Kay

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 12, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Kay Ahr
RCTQ website

http://rctq-quilters.tripod.com/index.htm

Wow, was it a long time ago when I made this website. It used to be at
Geocities -- without ads, of course! Geocities has been gone for a few
years now....
Forum: Quilting October 31st 12, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kay Ahr
So, where do we go from WebShots?

That disorganized file was a pain!! I tiled that folder and the Webshots
site on my screen. Then I renamed all the photos in the file according to
what I called them on Webshots. Then I uploaded...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 12, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Kay Ahr
So, where do we go from WebShots?

Wow, I haven't been to the newsgroup in a long time! Hanne referred me here
from the Facebook page for the thread about Webshots disappearing.

I haven't even been to the webpage or thought about...
Forum: Quilting December 18th 11, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Kay Ahr
IQF winners list

I might get to see this one "live" next month --
http://www.quilts.com/fqf11/enVivo/IQAWinners/03a-WOBeauty.jpg.html
Or do they keep them?

Greenwood is part of suburban Indianapolis. I joined the...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 11, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kay Ahr
New to Me sewing machine! (and yes, Polly, I am grinning ear to ear!)

So how are you liking the machine now? I love my Pfaffs. I always
recommend them.

Kay Ahr in Indianapolis, Indiana USA

"betsey" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 11, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kay Ahr
Pat and the QOV I forgot about

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=104870982859767&set=t.1440173039&type=1&theater
Did that link get you there? Pat might have to give the link because I am
not subscribed to that...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 11, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kay Ahr
Pat and the QOV I forgot about

Whooo-hoo!! Thank you, Pat for posting the picture on Facebook! (I go
there daily but not that often here anymore.) I tried to save the photo on
my hard drive and couldn't find the photos I took...
Forum: Quilting December 5th 11, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kay Ahr
Hug Quilt Pati update

I think I sent two blocks for the Gifford quilt(s). Also involved in that
same Baseball Swap. On that one we got guilt-tripped. I'll participate in
these things when they are local -- when I can...
Forum: Quilting July 10th 11, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kay Ahr
quilting in Indianapolis ?

Wow, Southern California to Chicago -- culture shock!

And I thought I'd never move back to the Midwest or East Coast. Then I had
this little "almost heart attack" in January which contributed to...
Forum: Quilting July 8th 11, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Kay Ahr
Wal-Mud

That will happen at the same time that teachers and professional athletes
are paid the same.

--
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks Nevada USA

"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kay Ahr
quilting in Indianapolis ?

I expect to be living on the other side of town again. It's gets crazy
during the Indianapolis 500! Homeowners sell space on their front lawns for
parking! I just enjoy the TV version in the...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kay Ahr
quilting in Indianapolis ?

Oooh, I'll only be about 15 minutes from Quilts Plus! I think I know about
where it is located. I'll be visiting in Indy for a few days this month.
I'll have to make a point of stopping...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 11, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Kay Ahr
quilting in Indianapolis ?

I'm moving back to Indianapolis this summer.
I wasn't a quilter the first time I lived there.
Please tell me about quilt shops and quilters in Indianapolis!

Thanks,
Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks...
Forum: Quilting July 4th 11, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Kay Ahr
Wal-Mart

My new neighborhood Walmart had a limited fabric department. The Walmart
that was built in Fallon, Nevada a couple years ago still has a full fabric
department. The people in the town of Fallon...
Forum: Quilting June 8th 11, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kay Ahr
OT - Teranews

Do you know anymore secrets? I still cannot log in to the server to
get to my newsgroups.

Thanks again,
Kay
Forum: Quilting June 7th 11, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kay Ahr
OT - Teranews

I wasn't even table to get to that page in the past week! Now nothing
happens when I get there, but at least it's more than I've had for the
past week. Hopefully it will truly work tomorrow. Thank...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 229