Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sunny[_2_]
Forum: Quilting June 18th 13, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Apologies for being absent

I am so sorry to have been away for so long. I would say that it's because I've been busy quilting, but that's not really true. I've been busy ... raising two puppies, getting son #2 off to Air Force...
Forum: Quilting October 25th 12, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
So, where do we go from WebShots?

Come to flickr.com -- it's free and easy and lots of good peeps there.
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Choosing Ginghers?

Polly, you'll never regret going with Kai. I love those scissors. Feel lost when I can't put my fingers on them. They're absolutely the best and hold a razor edge a long time.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting June 25th 12, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Choosing Ginghers?

Polly I wouldn't trade for my spring-action razor edged Fiskers. They're wonderful. I have worn out two pairs of the little ones now, but my big ones are still going strong. (little ones have a...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 12, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Designing a wallhanging

I've been drooling over that panel for a while. I know me -- I'll buy it and never decide what to do with it and then it will just hang around folded in my stash forever. Maybe your wallhanging will...
Forum: Quilting June 8th 12, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
More pics

Louse, those are beautiful. You've inspired me to get busy and make some baby quilts.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting May 31st 12, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Blog

That's really gorgeous. I know it may be an older long-arm, but you obviously have figured out how to make it sing.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting May 27th 12, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Should I rescue this machine? [not OT]

My mom had one back when I was a kid ... she could make it do amazing things. But I've not read good things about them in general.

Sunny
(I'm here)
Forum: Quilting April 8th 12, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
dead sewing machine : (

Dang, I've loved my 6600. But if we all loved the same sm, then it'd be a pretty boring world. I don't know what's out there with a large harp, but I do know that I also love my Pfaff. There is a new...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 12, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Ping: Sandy/Pat - Janome question

Marcella, that's what I was going to say. I use my decorative stitches pretty often, and I adjust them. I've never had one tell me it wasn't available.. Might be the machine needs to be checked out....
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 12, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Happy Dance

Sally, that quillow is sweet and lovely. Your DIL is lucky. And so's your grandbaby-to-be. I read Hungry Caterpillar to my little ones really early. They loved the pictures and would get excited when...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 12, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Newish Quilting Tool

That device just shot to the top of my 'things I wish I had' list. Wow ... what a boon.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting March 26th 12, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
ping - off kilter quilter

When my oldest son was in middle school and having horrible problems, I finally figured out the problem. I turned to the (nasty, snarky, patronizing and generally rude)principal and asked him 'Did...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 12, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Finished swap quiltlet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/6841815272/in/photostream

I finished (right at the deadline) my swap 'doll' quilt for the flickr.com group Fab Little Quilt Swap. I'm happy with the result and...
Forum: Quilting March 17th 12, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Musicmaker's situation

Prayers and good wishes on their way.
Forum: Quilting March 5th 12, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
DIY sewing machine table

My google page translated the whole thing into English. Well, most of it. It's pretty self-explanatory, and if you're comfortable using power tools probably would be simple. I really want table like...
Forum: Quilting March 3rd 12, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Serger is here!

We are all survivors, Polly. And indeed we'll hoist one to Japan, new sergers, sewing machines in general and survivors everywhere. I'm so glad you have a new machine. I've already decided that my...
Forum: Quilting February 26th 12, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Another happy dance

So sweet! I love the quilt but that soft little ball is the best. Every baby should be so lucky.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting February 26th 12, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Happy Dance!!!

Thanks everybody for the kind and encouraging words. I hung the banner this morning, just before the chapel service at 8 a.m. Several people were quite complimentary, but I have gotten the distinct...
Forum: Quilting February 25th 12, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Quilting as Exercise

Lol, I think quilters must have the finest biceps in the world. And the strongest hearts.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting February 25th 12, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Quilting Gallery contest

Nann, it's beautiful ... deserves every vote.

Sunny
Forum: Quilting February 25th 12, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Happy Dance!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/?saved=1 Yay! Done in time for the first Sunday of Lent. Two months of work came together finally last night with the last bit of hand stitching (the hanging...
Forum: Quilting January 9th 12, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Polly:Gators needed

This kind of thing just makes you want to send in all the gators for sure. Thank God you have Bert, and your young friend/adopted son has you. Here's the hard facts I learned (yes, the hard way) when...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 12, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Did anyone shop from this store?

I love the website, and will order from them soon. They seem to have the full range of Stonehenge at a good price -- several dollars a yard cheaper than my local quilt store. I think even with added...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 12, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By Sunny[_2_]
Quilty Gifts?

Christmas this year was really great. We have been dithering about a new tv for a while. We last bought one about 16 or so years ago. It was a nice, 22-inch screen that replaced a tiny 12-inch screen...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500