Showing results 1 to 25 of 141
Search took 1.57 seconds.
Forum: Quilting August 5th 09, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Iron Sputtering Rusty Water

On last Friday, my steam iron all of a sudden started sputtering and
spewing out rusty water. I've had problems with previous irons and
our local, extremely hard water (just white deposits -- not...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 09, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Basket/Triangles Block

I've been practicing sewing some triangles and you can see the
resulting 12 1/2" block at:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2553047760057527182fhTpzo

It is the one called "BasketSmall". It's...
Forum: Quilting February 1st 09, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Quilting Changed Sense of Colors

Yesterday I realized how much quilting has changed my sense of
colors. Until I started quilting, I "hated" purples. I'm not sure
why that was so, but it was. Now I can hardly keep any purples in...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 09, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Flannel Update and yet another question

On Jan 7, 6:43*pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Short on batting:
This might work w/ the "birthing" method;
sew the layers together around the outside edges, leaving...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 09, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Freezer paper applique question

I missed one important word :-(

Beth uses Floriani Stitch N Wash® Tear Away Fusible.

Bev in TX
Forum: Quilting January 1st 09, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Freezer paper applique question

On Dec 30 2008, 9:25*pm, "Trixie" wrote:
I generally use the freezer paper technique when appliqueing, but have a
question. I cut out about a quarter inch outside the...
Forum: Quilting December 27th 08, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt

For those who like mystery quilts, Bonnie Hunter is going to have on
on New Year's Eve. For more information, go to http://www.quiltville.com/

Bev in TX
Forum: Quilting December 1st 08, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
OT--Another Mac question

On Nov 30, 2:45*pm, Sandy wrote:
I'm not laughing, Bev -- I'm cheering! G Congratulations -- both on a
sweet DH who buys cool stuff for you and on the new Mac. Which...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 08, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
OT--Another Mac question

On Nov 6, 1:09*am, "
wrote:
I dont' have a MAC, and am unlikely to get one (just purchased a new
PC), but I have been following this topic with...
Forum: Quilting November 28th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
"Quiltmaker" & Bonnie Hunter Article

On Nov 28, 7:52*am, "Susan Torrens" wrote:
I use part of her scrap system. *I save 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/2" strips, 2" and
3 1/2" squares.
I used to have a huge scrap bin,...
Forum: Quilting November 28th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
"Quiltmaker" & Bonnie Hunter Article

On Nov 28, 7:28*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Bev - the best I can tell - the latest is issue #124. *I wandered over tohttp://quiltmaker.com/currentissue/and don't see it...
Forum: Quilting November 28th 08, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
"Quiltmaker" & Bonnie Hunter Article

There is an article on Bonnie Hunter's "Scrap User's System" in latest
copy of "Quiltmaker". I know that some folks here are using that
system.

If you are using that system, how well is it working...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
My DH has passed away this morning

On Nov 27, 8:19*am, "AliceW" wrote:
You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

"simpleseven" ...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
OT Turkey Alert!

On Nov 24, 9:35*am, Taria wrote:
I have a suspicion after the new feel good law goes into effect here
you are going to think the eggs *prices now are cheap. *I...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
I'm about to kill my new Bernina activa 230

On Nov 24, 3:12*pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 24, 10:32*am, Martha wrote:

It simply will not hold its tension.

One good...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
I'm about to kill my new Bernina activa 230

On Nov 24, 10:32*am, Martha wrote:
It simply will not hold its tension.

One good seam, and the next one has the bottom thread all tangled and
loose.

I clean out the...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Diagonal (aka on-point) Setting Question

Roberta & Susan,

I did cut my setting triangles as you suggested (I followed EQ
directions), so it looks like I'm safe thus far for those. They are
sitting in a pizza box to keep them from getting...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 08, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Some thoughts on using a treadle sewing machine

On Nov 22, 7:37*pm, John wrote:
... portion snipped ...
I don't know how easy it will be to do complex curves with
lots of pinning involved, as the constant...
Forum: Quilting November 23rd 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Diagonal (aka on-point) Setting Question

I've always used a horizontal setting for my quilts, but i am in the
midst of making one with a diagonal setting -- no sashings. After
looking at the design (one that I made up in EQ) the other day,...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 08, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
AQS online quilt contest

On Nov 6, 12:39*pm, Sandy wrote:
AQS is once again sponsoring an online quilt contest. I suspect I've
been very silly, but I did enter a quilt this time, and I'm hoping...
Forum: Quilting November 6th 08, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
OT--Another Mac question

On Nov 5, 8:57*pm, Lee wrote:
According to the Parallels 3.0 for Mac manual you can run Windows XP. *It
appears that all the Windows OS since 3.1, 3.11 are supported by...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 08, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Motzarella users...

On Oct 31, 7:12*pm, "Kate G." wrote:
do you read through the web? *Outlook Express? *I must be have a senior
blonde moment but on their webpage I can't find the info I...
Forum: Quilting October 24th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Red Lake Project Update - finally

On Oct 23, 4:49*pm, "Dreamweaver" wrote:
.... portion snipped ...

I am truly sorry,
Forum: Quilting October 24th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Dear Jane Quilts

On Oct 24, 3:04*am, "
wrote:
On Oct 23, 8:06*am, Steph wrote:

I recently heard of the civil war era quilt - "Dear Jane"...
Forum: Quilting October 24th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Dear Jane Quilts