Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marcia
Forum: General Crafting January 17th 08, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Marcia
whitewashing windows

Whitewash is made with whiting which is calcium carbonate (chalk)
eggwhite or a tiny bit of pva will bind it.

You can buy whiting from www.specialplasters.co.uk they have all these
hard to get...
Forum: General Crafting January 17th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Marcia
Creating very light hollow metal ornaments

The way this is done is by electroforming. the master has a mould
taken from it with a conductive rubber. this rubber mould is filled
with the plating solution and the anode is suspended inside it....
Forum: General Crafting January 17th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Marcia
Acrylic Gel Medium

Basic acrylic polymers can be purchased from www.specialplasters.co.uk
I use their SP201 base to coat fabrics and I know that the Artist's
canvas maufacturers use it mixed with whiting to prep the...
Forum: Polymer Clay January 17th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 7
Posted By Marcia
Acetone

I get mine from www.specialplasters.co.uk 5ltr is £8.50 plus vat its
in the fibreglass material catagory

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:08:13 -0000, "mel7474"
wrote:

Hi
Does...
Forum: Polymer Clay January 17th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 1
Posted By Marcia
How to make Polyester putty?

Use ordinary polyester layup resin and fill it as much as you can with
slate powder, talc or china clay. Untill its stiff enough. You will
probably find it too slow without adding some cobalt...
Forum: Polymer Clay January 15th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 4
Posted By Marcia
Building a mold for casting resin

I have cast a lot of clear resin and its notoriously difficult in
large casts. perspex would be ok for the mould if the shape is simple
you will get a better finish against a hard surface. Recently...
Forum: Pottery November 1st 07, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 12
Posted By Marcia
sieve screens

Because I am an habitual horder and never throw anything away I used
the screen from the door of an old microwave oven for a sieve. The
magnets from the dismatled magnetron in it are handy tool...
Forum: Glass November 1st 07, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 0
Posted By Marcia
Glass casting powder

Can't remember who asked me for the details of the ready mixed
investment powder I was having some success with but the supplier now
has a website, its on there somewhere. www.specialplasters.co.uk...
Forum: Glass August 27th 07, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marcia
plaster molds

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:47:53 +0300, Lauri Levanto
wrote:
Its not the dust thats the problem but what it contains. silica is
very hazardous whereas refractories containing...
Forum: Glass August 15th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By Marcia
plaster molds

I was always worried about the health risks of silica flour so used to
use Molochite or Sinterlite (calcined clays) But now I am getting
exellent results with SRS Ltd.'s "Glass" which is ready mixed....
Forum: Glass August 15th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marcia
surface texture of cast glass

I get good results using the ready blended investment called "glass"
made by SRS Ltd. (uk) I think they have a website.

Marcia

On 7 May 2004 11:21:19 -0700, ...
Forum: Glass August 15th 07, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By Marcia
Brass or Bronze?

Bronze is better. Mainly in its weathering and salt water resistance
whereas brass can perish over time.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:50:39 GMT, "Liam" wrote:

I usually use brass...
Forum: Glass August 15th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 4
Posted By Marcia
glass kilns in UK

Have you tried Potclays in stoke on Trent? They do a good range of
kilns. most pottery kilns will be ok for glass as long as you have the
right kiln minder.
Also have you tried the new ready mixed...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13