Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Spike Driver
Forum: Yarn March 20th 09, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Spike Driver
New Sock yarn.

Has any one tried the new line of sock yarn at Jo-Ann fabrics. I am
thinking about starting a pair this week end.

Dennis
Forum: Sewing March 15th 09, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
Posted By Spike Driver
any one working on a project

Steve,

Great on the 111w155, I used to be a SINGER dealer.

Good luck with the new grommet kit.

Dennis

wrote:
Forum: Sewing March 15th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn,alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 8
Posted By Spike Driver
any one working on a project

Butterfly,

Please leave us a pick if you can, I would really enjoy seeing it.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis

Butterflywings wrote:
Forum: Yarn March 3rd 09, 11:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By Spike Driver
Continental Style knitting

wrote:
The lady always has the best advice. :)- Hide quoted text -

OHHHH you make me Blush .. thank you Dennis,,
mirjam
ps over the many...
Forum: Yarn March 3rd 09, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By Spike Driver
Continental Style knitting

L wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message
L wrote:
snipped
I have knitted for 28 years. I have been knitting continental for...
Forum: Yarn March 3rd 09, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By Spike Driver
Continental Style knitting

wrote:
Lisa
How do you Know ???? On Feb 28, 8:10 pm, "L"
wrote:[i]
I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the yarn is held in...
Forum: Yarn March 1st 09, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By Spike Driver
Continental Style knitting

L wrote:
I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the yarn is held in the left
hand, as in crochet) is faster than 'American style' (where you hold the
yarn in your right hand and 'throw'...
Forum: Yarn March 1st 09, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

L wrote:
I KNOW 'continental style' knitting (where the yarn is held in the left
hand, as in crochet) is faster than 'American style' (where you hold the
yarn in your right hand and 'throw'...
Forum: Yarn March 1st 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Spike Driver
project report.Katherine

Katherine wrote:
On Feb 23, 1:04 am, Spike Driver wrote:
I have been baking caps and scarves for the Mission in Rockford,
Illinois. I should take Noreen's advice and...
Forum: Yarn February 24th 09, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Spike Driver
Hello everyone :)

itsbugart wrote:
On 23 Feb, 04:59, Spike Driver wrote:

Erin,

Your work is great!!!

Thanks!!! Btw, I am the same Erin (Winslow) as "museumbitch" at yahoo;
Forum: Yarn February 24th 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Spike Driver
project report.

Eva,
Thank you so much for the kind words.

The afghan is beautiful, you should be proud of it. Knitting many aran
patterns I know it is something to be proud of.

James Lee Stanley is a great...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By Spike Driver
Sock Yarn Sale

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2948&PRODID=xprd687579
The yarn above is the last sock yarn I used. I worked up great! It
wears well and is washable. Let me know if you like it. ...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 09, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Spike Driver
project report.

I have been baking caps and scarves for the Mission in Rockford,
Illinois. I should take Noreen's advice and keep a journal of what I
make. I made many.

I made 6 prayer shawls for the...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 09, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Spike Driver
Socks

L wrote:

"Patricia A. Swan" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:17:04 -0500, Juno B ...
Forum: Yarn February 23rd 09, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Spike Driver
Hello everyone :)

itsbugart wrote:
On 18 Feb, 14:46, Anna wrote:

ok:) I looked at your side - you are very creative!
My side iswww.silfa.blog.is, its all in Icelandic but you can look...
Forum: Yarn February 6th 09, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Spike Driver
testiing

wrote:
On Feb 6, 7:41 am, Spike Driver wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 6, 4:29 am, Spike Driver wrote:
Forum: Yarn February 6th 09, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Spike Driver
testiing

wrote:
On Feb 6, 4:29 am, Spike Driver wrote:
testing

You passed it with honor
mirjam
Thank you Mirjam.

I really miss the crowd we use to to...
Forum: Yarn February 6th 09, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Spike Driver
testiing

testing
Forum: Yarn February 5th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Spike Driver
Knitting 2 no seam sleevees in one go Possible Dennis

wrote:
Dennis may you have the power to be as positive as you can and are !!!
mirjam
Thank you Mirjam,

It looks like this year will be a rough one again.

The worst part is...
Forum: Yarn February 3rd 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Spike Driver
Knitting 2 no seam sleevees in one go Possible

I am holding out good Mirjam. The auto accident in early August took a
lot out of me. I am coming back.

Gail went on a ventilator, the ALS or "Lou Gehrig's disease" is getting
to her respiratory...
Forum: Yarn February 2nd 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Spike Driver
Knitting 2 no seam sleevees in one go Possible

Mijam,

your going to be on tv some day!

Hugs & Love,
Dennis & Gail

wrote:
After reading so much about the possibility of knitting 2 socks on one
Forum: Yarn January 21st 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Spike Driver
To all Americans

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
Thank Mirjum, I know he can always be worse than the last but, it
would be almost impossible.

*chuckle* That's...
Forum: Yarn January 19th 09, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Spike Driver
help with understanding "basket weave stitch"

suzee wrote:
wrote:
Sue & Mirjam,

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that the backside of a knit is a
Purl. That makes a big difference in understanding the...
Forum: Yarn January 19th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Spike Driver
To all Americans

wrote:
I wish you a wonderful New Presidency !! mirjam
Thank Mirjum, I know he can always be worse than the last but, it would
be almost impossible.

Thanks for the kind...
Forum: Yarn January 10th 09, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 31
Posted By Spike Driver
knitted quilts

Murielle wrote:
wrote in message
Arlene!
one nice /cheaper method would be using old sweaters...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500