Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David R. Sky
Forum: Yarn November 11th 07, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By David R. Sky
OT Pine was Q for Noreen

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:

That was my first news reader, and I loved it. It was really
fast and I could read TONS of newsgroups and sift things out...
Forum: Yarn November 10th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By David R. Sky
OT Q for Noreen

Thanks Noreen, for some reason I thought you knew about Pine from a very old
message which I don't have any more.

David

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, YarnWright wrote:

David R. Sky spun a FINE 'yarn'...
Forum: Yarn November 7th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
Posted By David R. Sky
OT Q for Noreen

Hi Noreen,

I've got an off-topic question about Pine, could you email me off-list
please, thanks - I couldn't find your valid email addy.

David

--
David R....
Forum: Yarn October 13th 07, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi BK,

Welcome to the group.

I learned to crochet when I was a kid, then dropped it after
diabetes-induced blindness in 1984. While in hospital during 2003, I felt
the strong urge to do something...
Forum: Yarn October 11th 07, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 119
Posted By David R. Sky
computer stuff

Hi,

I still mainly use my DOS computer, on which I write plain text code audio
editor plug-ins for an audio editor - I test and run these plug-ins in my
Windows 98 machine.

I also connect to the...
Forum: Yarn September 17th 07, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By David R. Sky
Cher Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Oh my bleep... is that what seeps outside the head to make gray hair???

*mutually comforting hug*

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/
Replies: 11
Posted By David R. Sky
Cher Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hey cher,

Indeed, long time no copy, xcopy or photocopy! I hadn't realized you changed
your (email) name again!

See Y'all

David

--
Forum: Yarn September 13th 07, 06:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11

Hi Laura,

Thanks very much for your suggestion! - I forwarded it to my friend. (I tend
not to think about such online visual resources because I'm blind.)

Cheers

David

--
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22

Hi Hesira,

The good thing out of this is that you'll have at least a year to think and
plan.

I think the kids would be enthusiastic particularly if they knew their
learning to knit (or crochet)...
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By David R. Sky
Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hi mirjam,

Thanks very much for your suggestion - my friend spends a lot of time at the
library so even searching for this book will probably help him find similar
photographs.

Cheers

David
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By David R. Sky
Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hi VP,

Thanks very much for this suggestion!

*grin* Not what I expected, but the text sounds like it has some electron
photomicrographs of some animal and human hair. (I can't see them so the...
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By David R. Sky
Teaching 2nd Graders to Knit

Hi hesira,

I don't know about teaching kids this age, but I do clearly remember
learning to crochet when I was ten.

I can still see the "9" on the crochet hook I used, I think for worsted
weight...
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By David R. Sky
Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

Hi all,

A young friend has been playing violin for several years but didn't know
about barbs in horse tail and other natural fibers. (Horsetail hair is one
of the fibers used for the bow of a...
Forum: Yarn August 24th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By David R. Sky
Braiding

Hi Dora,

Els also taught me a while back, although I had forgotten about it until
your post. I mainly crochet as a craft, although I have several creative
"outlets" - my main one for the past 3...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 07, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By David R. Sky
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

Hi Nickie,

*shrug* I guess it depends on the newsgroup or email list, the rules they
set up, how strictly or not those rules are supported, and the group of
people reading and posting to that...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 07, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By David R. Sky
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

Funny how many posts this thread generated!!

If you were to join a blindness-related list and posted your response
_after_ someone else's message, you'd _very_ quickly get flamed by irate
screen...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By David R. Sky
Crochet anyone?

Yes, among other creative activities I also crochet. I'm mostly lurking at
the moment though since I'm mostly writing audio-specific plug-ins for an
audio editor.

Welcome!

David

--
David R. Sky
Forum: Yarn July 1st 07, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By David R. Sky
Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGletters

And I'd like to add to mirjam's request: could you please put your responses
at the _top_ of your replies - I use a screen reader to read me what's in
text on-screen, so listening to all those...
Forum: Yarn June 10th 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 58
Posted By David R. Sky
OT Two balls is fine if you've got them

Hi Noreen - lolol!

My initial response to your dh's comment was, "not necessarily!" Do you want
the details?? I think not, at least not in this forum.

Well, maybe... if I've accidentally strewn...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 07, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 29
Posted By David R. Sky
OT Hypnagogic state was Knitting with Fibro

I've solved many programming problems as I drifted off to sleep too - the
way I remember them is to wake up enough to deliberately picture the program
code in my mind plus generate a feeling of the...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 58
Posted By David R. Sky
Two balls is fine if you've got them

As I like to say...

"Get your mind out of the gutter...
so mine can float by!"

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/
Forum: Yarn June 8th 07, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 29
Posted By David R. Sky
Knitting with Fibro

Hi VP,

I've found when programming that doing exactly what you wrote actually
_increases_ the speed of writing my plug-ins! - it somehow seems to expand
my creativity and problem-solving....
Forum: Yarn June 7th 07, 08:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 47
Posted By David R. Sky
knitting block

Hi Dennis/Gail,

I don't consider it a block as such - I too put my crochet aside about three
or four weeks ago, my present creative outlet is writing sound effect and
sound generator plug-ins for...
Forum: Yarn May 31st 07, 09:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 56
Posted By David R. Sky
I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

And Gemini posted several URL's to websites with Ojos de Dios info -
including the site VP had posted - I read all of them. There were four
designs other than the 'regular' four-spoked design,...
Forum: Yarn May 25th 07, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By David R. Sky
Ojos de Dios book

To the person asking about the Ojos de Dios book:

You could help yourself _a lot_ by being _specific_ in your
request! This would help us help you! -

1. What's the title of the book?

2. Who's the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 83