Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DA[_3_]
Forum: Yarn March 19th 10, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By DA[_3_]
Socks?

"Maureen Miller" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I have a question. I knit socks and I'm thinking of entering my...
Forum: Yarn February 26th 10, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By DA[_3_]
knitting in green , knitting with Multi multi colors knitting for fun

"mirjam" wrote in message
Yesterday a woman asked me in which colors i like to knit and if i am
Forum: Yarn February 25th 10, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_3_]
hahahahahah

"mirjam" wrote in message
http://www.stitch-witch.net/knittinghumor.html

There are some truly...
Forum: Yarn January 9th 10, 05:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By DA[_3_]
Pattern Help: Knit Hot bottle Cover

wrote in message
Wow!!! smile I have a lot of homework ahead of me. Thank you so
much....
Forum: Yarn January 6th 10, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA[_3_]
Looking for some yarn

Well DA,

Please tell us what you have planned. :)

Dennis

First on the list is this sweater
http://www.vogueknitting.com/free_patterns/silver_belle.aspx
Forum: Yarn January 5th 10, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA[_3_]
Looking for some yarn

Thanks DA,

I will use the sight also.

Nice to hear from you again. I often wonder where every one is.

Dennis & Gail

Knitting, of course. :)
Now is when I get to do something for me,...
Forum: Yarn January 5th 10, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By DA[_3_]
Looking for some yarn

"wiggy" wrote in message
Hi -

My name is Linda and I used to belong to this group way back in...
Forum: Yarn November 25th 09, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA[_3_]
Care Instructions for knitted items

Does anyone else put in a ball band from the yarn used to knit the item when
it is a gift? I have found this is much easier than attaching a tag with
care instructions.

DA
Forum: Yarn October 26th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA[_3_]
Pattern Help Please!

" wrote in message
I am getting ready to try this Circular wrapping...
Forum: Yarn August 18th 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By DA[_3_]
she was amazed

"Linda Lee" wrote in message
I know it can be done...correcting just one stitch...but I wouldn't be
the master of it. ...
Forum: Yarn July 30th 09, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By DA[_3_]
knitting rags

"mirjam" wrote in message
It has been years since i tore old clothes to knit/weave with ,,, i
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_3_]
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Interesting thread... Now here I am to stir the pot a little :)
IIRC, Lady Diana wore the sweaters and a few months later the patterns
were published in a U.S. magazine. "But", was it the actual...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_3_]
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

Oh there are some pattern designers who will sue people who distribute
their knitting patterns elsewhere, even for free. There are huge threads
on copyrights on some of the web based forums...
Forum: Yarn July 29th 09, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By DA[_3_]
Princess Diana Sweater Patternsn

"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi!

Ages ago I offered to email these patterns to anyone who wanted them,
unfortunately there...
Forum: Yarn July 28th 09, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_3_]
Patons Chantal DK & Pearl DK

"Miriah" wrote in message
Miriah had written this in response to
Forum: Yarn July 24th 09, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By DA[_3_]
Patons Chantal DK & Pearl DK

"Miriah" wrote in message
I am looking for the yardage on a 50g skein of Patons Chantal DK & Patons
Pearl...
Forum: Yarn July 22nd 09, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By DA[_3_]
Mini Mochi sock yarn

Fellow sock, scarf or glove knitters, if you haven't discovered this one you
are missing a treat.
MM is one of the nicest sock yarns I have ever used. The hand is very soft
and the colors...
Forum: Yarn July 22nd 09, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA[_3_]
Christmas Projects

"Katherine" wrote in message
On Jul 15, 10:33 am, "DA" wrote:
Has anyone else...
Forum: Yarn July 18th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_3_]
best sock book?

"Laurie G. in CA" wrote in message
When I was out on Thursday I bought "Knitting Circles Around Socks....."
based on your recommendations. It...
Forum: Yarn July 17th 09, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By DA[_3_]
They knit a computer.

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
Have you seen this one from the BBC?

Forum: Yarn July 16th 09, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_3_]
best sock book?

"Laurie G. in CA" wrote in message
I just subscribed to this group. I do knit but mostly I quilt. I am looking
for a sock book that teaches...
Forum: Yarn July 15th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By DA[_3_]
Christmas Projects

Has anyone else began their Christmas knitting?

DA
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_3_]
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

The information came from an old copy of a book used by yarn shops to
substitute yarns. I checked to make sure they were referring to one ounce
skeins.

Linda, many years ago I was told by...
Forum: Yarn June 21st 09, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_3_]
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

240 yards per ball Beehive Baby ( 1oz.)

328 yards per 50 gram ball (2ozs) Snuggly 3ply.

You would need to purchase 9 balls of Snuggly to have the yardage used by
the first pattern.
Forum: Yarn June 20th 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By DA[_3_]
Discontinued Patons baby yarn question

"Linda D." wrote in message
Does anyone know what the yardage was for a 1 ounce balls of Patons
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47