Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AK&DStrohl
Forum: Yarn June 14th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 273
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Home again.

Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. plus my new
nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of...
Forum: Needlework June 14th 07, 01:06 AM Posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 264
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Home again.

Turns out I have severe bronchitis, not just a cold. plus my new
nebulizer arrived
today, plus I have a retired husband to help out, the doctor released me
with a handful of...
Forum: Marketplace May 26th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Shirting

Hi all,
I'm new on this ng mainly out of desperation. I have been scouring the net
for days, under almost every probable description, for mens dress shirt
fabric.
Anyone know of *any*...
Forum: Needlework October 31st 06, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Early needlework

I googled medieval german embroidery and came up with this site. It
looks like he has reference links, etc.

http://www.wymarc.com/

I eventually stumbled over this site also.
Thanks,
AK in PA
Forum: Needlework October 31st 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Yak-ers

62 e-mails since last night. Some people here don't know what silence is.
AK in PA
Forum: Needlework October 31st 06, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Early needlework

No, not yet but I will. Thanks,
AK in PA

Have you tried
http://www.advancenet.net/jscole/wymarc.html
http://medieval.webcon.net.au/period_14th_c.html
Forum: Needlework October 30th 06, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Early needlework

Does anyone know what books I can buy or reference for late medieval or
early renaissance needlework? Of the German/Swiss/Flemish persuasion.
AK in PA

Forum: Needlework October 30th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Early needlework

Does anyone know what books I can buy or reference for late medieval or
early renaissance needlework? Of the German/Swiss/Flemish persuasion.
Thanks,
AK in PA
Forum: Sewing October 27th 06, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 3
Posted By AK&DStrohl
'new' fabric

I came across a
fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk Gazar. It looks
almost
cloudlike. Can't tell if it is translucent/transparent/opague. Soft
hand
or...
Forum: Sewing October 26th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 3
Posted By AK&DStrohl
'new' fabric

I was just perusing the www.denverfabrics.com site and I came across a
fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk Gazar. It looks almost
cloudlike. Can't tell if it is...
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 06, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Translation, Please!

AK answered:
Freihlich Gerburtsdaag!
Oooopppsss!!
Misspelled..

Freihlich Geburtsdaag!!! (no r between the e and the b)

AK in PA
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 06, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 30
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Off topic - a little tiny bit of stitching

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
So, let me describe my week, so far - a thankfully light one.
So - Wednesday, I...
Forum: Needlework October 22nd 06, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Translation, Please!

Joyce wrote:
Gelukige verjaarsdag - Afrikaans.

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
I've been asked by a designer to collect "Happy Birthday" in as...
Forum: Sewing October 21st 06, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 5
Posted By AK&DStrohl
wide width fabric

Land's End also have nice sheets sold separately.
I am in no way connected to them, except a happy customer.

Try these?

www.voguefabricsstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4946 -...
Forum: Needlework October 18th 06, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Ping: Wayne, Scrapple recipe

Dr. Brat wrote:
When I was growing up our scrapple came from a small local butcher, but
R&R Provisions in Easton, Pennsylvania make a fine buckwheat scrapple. My
father brings a pound out...
Forum: Sewing October 18th 06, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Aussie pattern Help

I have a rush job on (aren't they all?) I need to makeup a Butterick's
pattern but need the sizes 14 16 18 . The pattern number is 5655 .

Amelia, that pattern is out of print and no...
Forum: Sewing October 11th 06, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 17
Posted By AK&DStrohl
Adding button holes and buttons to RTW

"the
neckline isn't at all immodest.

The complaint wasn't "immodest" but "less professional". A V neckline
is casual, it's youthful, and it may remind one of an open blue collar
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17