Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D Kat
Forum: Pottery July 27th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By D Kat
How can they DO that!

I think the way they do it is there is such a huge difference in what a
yearly salary is there vs. here. Also at one time they used these pots for
shipping and they may still do that. I have a 3'...
Forum: Pottery July 21st 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By D Kat
Kiln God?

I actually have had my big kiln god under wraps for months now. I'm afraid
to unwrap it since I can't do anything with it if it needs it. Probably I
should at least put a damp sponge in one of...
Forum: Pottery July 18th 08, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By D Kat
Clay and consequences

Thank you Bob - I just learned a valuable lesson - this will go in my save
file and I will make a trip to the hardware store tomorrow. Donna

"Bob Masta" wrote in message...
Forum: Pottery July 18th 08, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By D Kat
NC Oct 12-18 Workshop!

Reposted from another group

I'm really excited about the chance to teach at John C. Campbell.
Please help me spread the word about this class! You can see details
about it at the Folk School Website...
Forum: Pottery July 18th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By D Kat
Clay and consequences

"Susie Thompson" wrote in message
Hello everybody

I could do with your advice and opinion on something personal...
Forum: Pottery July 16th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By D Kat
Kiln God?

Kiln god goes outside of the kiln on top or near the door (door guard?).
You want it where it is not in the flame/rain(outdoor gas/wood)/direct heat
but you want it visible - you treat the kiln god...
Forum: Pottery July 16th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By D Kat
Kiln God?

I really, really don't think having a pot blow up in the kiln is in anyway a
good sacrifice - in fact, I would consider it an insult to the gods. I
piece of cookie I could understand...

I have...
Forum: Pottery July 15th 08, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By D Kat
Pottery-related Mystery Novel

Just finished reading "Uncommon Clay" (easily found at the library). Good
read, though the bit about a professional potter not knowing about or
understanding glazes nags at me. Toxicity of heavy...
Forum: Pottery July 14th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By D Kat
Leach Pottery Vote

Vote for Leach Pottery July 21st-Aug 8th
http://www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/

I am re-posting this from single fire pottery - I'm a week early but will
repost on the 21st

Donna
Forum: Pottery July 14th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By D Kat
- IMG_0017.jpg (0/1) Help identifying a bowl I just Inherited???

Sorry Joe - my guess is you are in the wrong room, though I could be
entirely off base. We are potters not antique assessors (is that the right
term?). However from what you describe I would...
Forum: Pottery July 6th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By D Kat
Good Utubes!

There are many out there but for your entertainment off...
Forum: Pottery July 6th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By D Kat
has anyone here been successful at posting to clayart?

I was so frustrated with the whole thing that I just unsubscribe from
clayart. If I were not out of commission with my injured hand, I would be
busy potting and not care. Timing is everything......
Forum: Pottery July 4th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By D Kat
Summer greetings to all!

thanks marianne - i am right handed so i am retraining my left to do things
and hen pecking with my right. i bought some polymer clay with this silly
idea that i could at least be making stamps and...
Forum: Pottery June 30th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By D Kat
has anyone here been successful at posting to clayart?

and if so, how did you do it?

--

"You and your whole lousy generation believes the way it was for you is the
way it's got to be. And not until your whole generation has lain down and

hi Marianne! i know how you feel about not being able to work - i have my
right hand bandaged up and will not be able to use it for at least another
month - i'm going seriously stir crazy though i...
Forum: Pottery June 8th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By D Kat
Plaster Mould of a ball, what to use for separation?

"Bob Masta" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 01:59:08 -0700 (PDT), Gap
wrote:

Hello,
I want to make...
Forum: Pottery May 17th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By D Kat
working temperature

You must be high in the mountains - I won't tell you what it is on Long
Island today.

I started wearing a winter hat this winter while throwing. It certainly
improved things though every time I...
Forum: Pottery May 14th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By D Kat
ClayArt

I guess since I have not been checking this room all that often it seems
like there is far more Spam than there is. It is just vastly more recently
than it has ever been. I much prefer the format...
Forum: Pottery May 12th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By D Kat
ClayArt

That is odd - in my newsreader is R.C.P is being flooded by spam from China
about watches.

Donna

"Elaine Stutt" wrote in message
Forum: Pottery May 12th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By D Kat
working temperature

Hot and Dry for me! And I would so like the building you describe. Donna

"Susie Thompson" wrote in message
I was 'talking'...
Forum: Pottery May 11th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By D Kat
ClayArt

So what is taking their place? I put up with the clayart format because of
the people who post there. Viewing on the web for Yahoo and Google is
simply painful. It is so easy to follow threads...
Forum: Pottery May 11th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By D Kat
ClayArt

Have you considered becoming an early morning person. just before dawn
until 10 is a wonderful time to work. If only I could get my back side up
and moving then... ;) Spring fever is making it...
Forum: Pottery May 10th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 8
Posted By D Kat
ClayArt

Has anyone had luck with clayart yet? And what has happened to this room?
Donna
Forum: Pottery April 20th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By D Kat
Crackle glaze as wall paint

My first thought is WHAT were they thinking! If you like a hand plastered
look you can now get dry wall compound that doesn't shrink (the shrinking
kind might show shadows of the cracks if the...
Forum: Pottery April 10th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By D Kat
Kilns

Well that was rather foolish of me... I can't find Steve Mill's site any
more - did I miss something? I swear it was only last month I saw postings
by him...
Donna

"D Kat"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55