Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]
Forum: Quilting February 7th 15, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
RCTQ Directory

Karen has kindly offered to create a directory. If you want to be in
it, please contact her at hicall80 @ mchsi.com

Here are the key parts of her announcement:

If nothing has changed, please...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 14, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
My pfaff 7550 foot won't go down easily. I can help it down but it doesn't go

I don't know. My first thought would be to check carefully for
something that is in the way.

My second thought would be to take it in to your repair person.

Good luck!

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014...
Forum: Quilting July 8th 14, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Quilted cellphone cases

What a great idea!

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 09:37:45 +0000 (UTC), Brian
wrote:

I have made 2 full size quilts in my life, and it is never happening
again.

I am not...
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 14, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
4th of july sales?

Just got an e-mail from fabric.com with a 40% off sale. Did not go
there to find out if it was everything or selected items. I have
selected enough items for a while...

Mary in Rock Island, tired...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 14, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
is anyone left here?

I'm here! Have not sewn for at least a week, hard to get my current
project done that way!

Mary

On Thu, 8 May 2014 07:51:48 -0700, "Taria"
wrote:

Just wondering. Give...
Forum: Quilting March 8th 14, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Double Irish Chain Calculations

Hi Emma Jane,

I looked at Quilters Cache to see how they make an Irish Chain. It
looks like their plain squares are 6 inches with 2.5 inch strips for
making up the 9...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 14, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
HELP needed for old Noah's Ark cross stitch baby quilt.

Hi Jeanne,

I took a look at ebay and found lots of Noah's Ark cross stitch kits.
Maybe one of them is the kit you are looking for?

Good luck!

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 16:44:01 +0000,...
Forum: Quilting January 14th 14, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
what are u working on?

I am working on two projects---Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery, Celtic
Solstice, for my son's wedding on the Ides of March and a healing
quilt for a young friend with a rough diagnosis. It is made of...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 13, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons?

They sell them at one of my semi-LQS. Please let me know if you need
to contact them.

Mary

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:40:59 -0500, "KT in Mich"
wrote:

Thanks Polly Esther. If...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 13, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
2-man retreat

Congratulations on your OA status. That is indeed an honor.

Mary

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:08:41 +0100, Hanne in DK
wrote:

She said she did a table runner a couple of years...
Forum: Quilting September 27th 13, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Grrrr!

So annoyed! My latest quilt project is almost done. Just as I was
finishing up the last machine part of the binding, the machine went
out of time. And there was not a pin anywhere near the needle...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 13, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Stash Enhancement

Sandy,

Did they ring the bell for you? A friend and I were there recently
and had the bells rung several times.

Then we went to the other store in town for a FQ sale. And then we
went to a...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 13, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
OT the guy with my needle threader stuck to his van

He looks very pleased.

I am impressed with your creativity (and have no opinion as to which
critter that looks like).

Mary

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:01:19 +0000 (UTC),...
Forum: Quilting March 19th 13, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
So what are you all working on?

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:33:36 -0700 (PDT), Flossy
wrote:

Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

I am just...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 13, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Free e-book and e-pattern downloads

Thanks for this. I was not aware of either of these books and now
they are in my personal library.

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:38:06 -0800 (PST), Jennifer in Ottawa
Forum: Quilting January 27th 13, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Who has been a member of this group the longest?

I started sometime in the late 1990s. The very first HUG quilt had
just been created for a guy who had access to free fabric and shared
liberally. I think his name was Mike but am not quite sure as...
Forum: Quilting January 5th 13, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
You're all still here!

Hi Lynn!

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 18:43:17 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I am just peeking in after not reading much (although I have popped in with an occasional question) for the last five...
Forum: Quilting January 2nd 13, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
New Year's Intentions?

I am not a fan of resolutions. However, the combination of weather,
time and lack of space has led me to decide that I must shovel out my
lair. It is getting difficult to work in there so I plan to...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 12, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Thread breaks during FMQ on DSM. Tension seems fine.

I had similar issues recently and the solution was a new bobbin case
(as there was apparently a rough spot on it).

Here's hoping your solution is less pricey!

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 17:44:01 +0000,...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 12, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Where is everyone - no messages since 13 November.

Di,

It also looks as though Habitat for Humanity is another possible
recipient.

http://www.habitat.org/

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:41:04 +1100, "Di Maloney"
wrote:
Forum: Quilting November 18th 12, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Where is everyone - no messages since 13 November.

I had a "chat" with tech support from my ISP yesterday to find out if
they ahd changed the access procedure. Today I realized that I should
have posted a message...

As to your other question,...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 12, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Donating quilts to East Coast

They are organizing a collection/distribution of 5000 quilts. Details
are sketchy but can be found he

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/quiltrelief.html

Updates will be posted to the...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 12, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Best of Show

How nice that your quilt was appreciated.

Now to figure out how to offer a course on manners to that office and
thier staff...

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 00:00:09 -0500, "Polly...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 12, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
So glad to see more posts

During a recent sorting of donations to my guild's charity projects,
we found a caftan! It was 100% cotton but really...

Mary

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:59:21 -0600, Donna in...
Forum: Quilting September 28th 12, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Seeking Internet Quilt Shop Feedback

Thanks Sandy (and everyone else who responded).

I ordered from D's Sewing Center.

Fingers crossed!

Mary

On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:18:10 -0500, Sandy E wrote:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51