Showing results 1 to 25 of 109
Search took 2.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Laura J
Forum: Yarn January 29th 08, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Laura J
Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

Yebbut what IS a Sanitary Cycle? I've never heard of it. What does it do?
Why is it different from other cycles? I use one for everything, again
because I'm idle.

Mary

The washing...
Forum: Yarn January 29th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Laura J
Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

"Bernadette" wrote in message
All I could find was a picture of a toy one Laura. Before the days of
spin
dryers you...
Forum: Yarn January 29th 08, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Laura J
Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

"Laura J" wrote in message news:Yxqnj.248$9g.57@trndny07...
Forum: Yarn January 28th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Laura J
Felting(fulling) in a front-loading washer?

Okay, I'll bite...what is a mangle?

I've been doing some research on felting in front-loaders and so far I
haven't seen any methods I'm 100% comfortable with. My washer doesn't allow
me to open...
Forum: Yarn January 21st 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Laura J
2nd Fair Isle Sweater

Oh wow, that is beautiful work, Herisa!

Glad your boys enjoyed the snow. They can have as much of ours as they
want! We had more in December alone than the entire winter last year. And
it...
Forum: Yarn December 19th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Laura J
#2 Modeling His New Sweater

Cuuute! Very nice work and I love the cheeks!

LauraJ

"hesira" wrote in message
I know I've posted a...
Forum: Yarn November 19th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Laura J
Guess what I just learned!

Ooh, I'll have to look up that pattern. I've been wanting to make a T for a
while. Thanks for the heads-up!

LauraJ

wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn November 9th 07, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Laura J
Guess what I just learned!

I finally learned how to cable without a cable needle - it is so fun! I
used Grumperina's method, found he http://www.grumperina.com/cables.htm
I've always wanted to learn this but the last...
Forum: Yarn November 7th 07, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Laura J
WHAT?????

Thank you for the compliments, Marie. The hat pattern is free and is
available he
http://www.yogagardennh.com/Patterns/SweetLeafHatPattern.pdf It was a quick
and easy knit without being...
Forum: Yarn November 7th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Laura J
group in Ravelry?

Thanks, Lee. I just joined up!

LauraJ

"enigma" wrote in message
Johanna Koski wrote in
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Laura J
WHAT?????

Hee hee, I do! I know I've been away for a little while but I can post my
FO's:

Toddler Pinwheel Sweater from Elann
Wendy's Toe-up Socks for Toddler
Sweet Leaf Toddler Hat
Lavender Toddler...
Forum: Yarn September 12th 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 25
Posted By Laura J
ot Dennis checking in

Dennis,

You should know us better by now - no need to start out a message like this
with an apology! I'm sorry to hear about your fall but glad they "caught"
something else that needed fixing...
Forum: Yarn September 11th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Laura J
Where to find pix of natural fiber barbs?

David,

Rather than using "pictures" in the search term, you can use
http://images.google.com/. Type in your search term and it will return just
images, no links.

Good luck!

LauraJ
..
Forum: Yarn September 5th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Laura J
Need yarn advice

I can never remember what weight is what. Dale Baby Ull is fingering but
maybe if you help two strands together it would come to the weight she was
looking for? I have a nice green (I think it is...
Forum: Yarn August 31st 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 33
Posted By Laura J
Tiny dolls' clothes

"B Vaughan" wrote in message

That's funny. I'm always looking for thin faceclothes, which are not
sold much any more. I hate...
Forum: Yarn August 30th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Laura J
Needle sizes?

Yes, mine are the same way. I refer to them as 1.5 and 2.5 US now. It is
annoying but, like you say, it doesn't really matter what size they are as
long as they get you the gauge you want when...
Forum: Yarn August 7th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By Laura J
Blocking

Thank you, Wendy :)

"myswendy" wrote in message
On Aug 4, 10:41 am, "Not Likely"...
Forum: Yarn August 6th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By Laura J
Blocking

Thanks, Hesira and Cher! I believe I have showed it off in the past, it's
just been a while :) I gave it to my mother for Mother's Day and she said
she loved it. I don't know if she ever wears...
Forum: Yarn August 6th 07, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By Laura J
Blocking

[[[Blush]]] Thanks Jan, Cher and Gem! And I wasn't even showing it off -
just giving Jan an example of how those squares are used. :)

LauraJ

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking...
Forum: Yarn August 3rd 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By Laura J
Blocking

26 squares, about 1 sqft. each.

Here is my Branching Out scarf blocking on the foam squares:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/473704553_fae128b401.jpg?v=0

LauraJ

"Jan" wrote...
Forum: Yarn August 2nd 07, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By Laura J
Blocking

Jan,

I have found them at Lowe's for $17. We got them for our living room floor
(we have all hardwood) when my daughter was learning to sit up on her own.
She didn't seem to mind me borrowing...
Forum: Yarn August 2nd 07, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By Laura J
TOTALLY OT-- I'm taking an informal survey!

A pregnant bird!

Though I liked Gem's "chubby turtle" too :)

LauraJ

"myswendy" wrote in message
Hi guys!
I'm...
Forum: Yarn August 2nd 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By Laura J
The ideal yarn for baby blankets?

I have always liked Bernat Softee Baby for baby stuff. But, alas, the color
selection is pretty limited:
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=softeebaby&SPP=999 The stuff wears
well, starts out...
Forum: Yarn July 20th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By Laura J
OT - just touching base

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, JJ. I will keep you and your family in
my thoughts.

LauraJ

"JJMolvik" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn July 18th 07, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Laura J
Gwen Kelly

Thank you for coming to update, Cher. I know you and Nora (and others) were
very close to Gwen and this must be a complete shock. I haven't been on
Yarners in ages but I have very fond memories...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 109