Showing results 1 to 25 of 322
Search took 1.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Debbi in SO CA
Forum: Quilting June 24th 10, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT a giggle for today...and true!

My 40th is next year. Most likely I will not waste the time or the money
going to it. I hated HS, I was the class geek and treated very poorly. I
have no desire to see any of the people. I went to...
Forum: Quilting June 17th 10, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Speaking of Facebook - NOT OT

Cindy, I made that quilt for my niece's graduation w/o signatures. Was
a fun quilt to make! Mine was not scrappy though.

Debbi in SO CA

Cindy Schmidt wrote:
Sunny -

Here is the link to the...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT move

Fantastic news!

Debbi in SO CA

mary wrote:
We've been searching for a position where we can work together,
preferably in Oregon, for the past 9 months. Today we were told, you're
the...
Forum: Quilting June 9th 10, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
EQ7
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
EQ7

I just got an e-mail that mine just shipped. Thanks to the person who
gave the link for Sewflake fabrics!

Debbi in SO CA

She in PA wrote:
I have an email that my EQ7 is arriving today. I...
Forum: Quilting May 18th 10, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Mentor Teacher's Quilt

I am getting a preschool teaching permit. Because I have severe
dyslexia, I have a lot of trouble taking the required standardized tests
to be a credentialed elementary school teacher. On top of...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 10, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Mentor Teacher's Quilt

I did my student teaching at a preschool this spring. My mentor teacher
was fantastic so I decided to make her a quilt as a thank you. I made a
photo quilt and made sure that all of the children...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 10, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Quilt shows in the US?

In 2011, the show in Long Beach will be July 29-31. Would love to meet
up with you if you come to this one. This year is the 3rd year it is in
Long Beach and I am looking forward to...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 10, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT can anyone with a directory help me

I copied your message and sent it to Pami on Facebook.

Debbi in SO CA

Anne Rogers wrote:
Pami updated her caring bridge site today, I had already been thinking
of getting her address to send...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 10, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
The Aloha Quilt - Jennifer Chiaverini and Oregon

Finished it! I want to learn to make a Hawaiian quilt!

Debbi in SO CA

Donna in NE La. wrote:
Just picked up "The Aloha Quilt" from the library!! Can't wait to start
reading!!
Forum: Quilting April 20th 10, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Leaving June 30-- Not off Topic

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Looks like you just may not be
getting rid of me very easily.

Debbi in SO CA

Kathyl wrote:
On Apr 20, 12:03 pm, Sunny wrote:
Forum: Quilting April 20th 10, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Leaving June 30-- Not off Topic

Received a message tonight that my internet provider will no longer
carry usenet newsgroups as of June 30. They said that we can have some
service at a discount for the first 3 months, but I don't...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 10, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT - Moving questions

I have done this quite a few times. The first move was a military
move-- my now ex was going to head up the catherization lab at the
Albuquerque VA. The last one was last year.

First move-- they...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 10, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Technology Marches On - not OT

Michelle,

When I bought this computer about 3 years ago, it did not have a floppy
drive. I bought an external floppy drive for super cheap, plugged it
into an USB port and it is avaiable as...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 10, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Technology Marches On - not OT

Michelle,

When I bought this computer a few years ago, an A drive was no longer
available. I bought an external floppy disk drive (they are super
cheap), plugged it into one of the USB ports and...
Forum: Quilting March 24th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT Firefox 3.6

Thanks for the warning. I have been using Firefox for years. Will stick
with what I have-- If it ain't broke, why fix it.

Debbi in SO CA

Allison wrote:
FYI
I don't know which of you are using...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 10, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 67
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Directory form is open for business!

Jo,

Hope you are feeling better soon. I agree, the year in the title will
make things a lot easier!

Debbi in SO CA

Jo Gibson wrote:
Forum: Quilting March 6th 10, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Internships

Frank,

Has she looked at an internship with Disney? They have a wide variety
of interships. My daughter did 2 in the Wild Animal Kingdom (used her
communications degree and her love of...
Forum: Quilting March 4th 10, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Ragmop's Birthday

Wishing you a wonderful birthday day, Ragmop!

Debbi in SO CA

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Pat's Original Virginia Fife and Drums Corps is playing joyful songs in
the snow .... to wish Sandy/Ragmop...
Forum: Quilting March 1st 10, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
New-to-me machine

Sandy,

Congrats on the new machine. I went from a Lily to the Designer 2 eons
ago. Yes, they use the same feet! have a wonderful time with it.

I use my embroidery unit all the time-- quilt...
Forum: Quilting February 17th 10, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Winter hand care

I use Arbonne's hand cream from it's Intelligence line

Debbi in SO CA

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
What product works best for you? I dug out my tin of 'bag balm' a
couple of days ago but it...
Forum: Quilting January 31st 10, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT - Comforting thoughts needed please

Hugs and prayers coming from Southern CA to your entire family!

Debbi in SO CA

DiMa wrote:
My DHs brother died today after 1 long year of illness. A benign tumour that
just kept growing until...
Forum: Quilting January 26th 10, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
OT - Jo and Tristan in Scotland update

Jo,

So glad to hear that you and Tristan are now home. Have a wonderful
time watching him grow and change over the years!

Debbi in SO CA

Jo Gibson wrote:
Forum: Quilting January 24th 10, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Another Surgery OFF TOPIC MOSTLY

So sorry to hear that things have been crazy (crazier???) in your life.
Sending all my thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

Debbi in SO CA

Butterflywings wrote:
Dec 27, 2005 I had surgery on my...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 10, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Road to California

Thank you so much for posting this. I love going back and looking at the
quilt, even though it is hard to see the detail.

Debbi in SO CA

Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

pic: ...
Forum: Quilting January 17th 10, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Debbi in SO CA
Road to California

Son is completely healed. He can now smell for the first time in his
life (he is 20) and it is fun every time he tells you something smells
bad or good.

Dad is holding in there. He is on his...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 322