Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: STEPHEN MILLS
Forum: Pottery January 21st 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By STEPHEN MILLS
Neph Sye

do a button test of both side by side, that'll tell you
Steve

"D Kat" wrote in message
I got some materials from someone, one of...
Forum: Pottery January 2nd 08, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By STEPHEN MILLS
Happy New Ears, Everyone

And may your glazes do everything you want them to do, and more!

I am reminded of the comment by an excellent Potter I worked with this
October named Euan Craig, who said: " I find the difference...
Forum: Pottery July 5th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By STEPHEN MILLS
How much propane?

Bob,

Re your experimental kiln.
There was some research done by the late Donald Shelley in the UK which
found that there is a point at which increased insulation begins to have a
reverse effect...
Forum: Pottery May 27th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By STEPHEN MILLS
Kiln

Dear Norman,

You set up the firing with the switch set to "Soak". Dialling in the initial
percentage of heat input, and the temperature you want the firing to finish
at. If you want to end the...
Forum: Pottery May 11th 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By STEPHEN MILLS
Raku

It may well be that you are putting much too much heat into it:
beg, borrow, or buy a thermocouple and pyrometer if you haven't got one, and
starting with the smallest flame possible on the Burner,...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5