Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marilyn
Forum: Quilting June 1st 10, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Marilyn
Rob Peter to Pay Paul

Thank you. Guess I wasn't typing in the right search data.

Marilyn

On May 31, 6:13*pm, Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:
I found some he

Forum: Quilting June 1st 10, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Marilyn
Rob Peter to Pay Paul

Thank you. Guess I wasn't typing in the right search data.

Marilyn

On May 31, 6:13*pm, Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:
I found some he

Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Marilyn
Rob Peter to Pay Paul

A customer came into the store the other day asking if there were
templates for this pattern. I tried a search from my distributors but
didn't find what I thought would work.

Does anyone have an...
Forum: Quilting December 30th 09, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Marilyn
online groceries international shipping???

Amazon.com has it if they will ship internationally. They ship it in
8 ounce boxes with a minimum of 12 boxes at about $32 but its a start.
Forum: Quilting August 6th 09, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Marilyn
NQR - Queen of Boxtops says thankyou

On Aug 6, 3:48*pm, "Kate in MI" wrote:
Remind the group -- what boxtops are you collecting?

I used to save Campbell's labels -- but could never find anyone to give...
Forum: Quilting November 6th 08, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Marilyn
What's the latest and greatest?

Seems like what is new on one place is old in another. So what is the
latest must have tool from your area and the must do pattern that has
everyone buzzing around trying to do?

Marilyn
Forum: Quilting October 15th 08, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Marilyn
Class munchies

Just a quick question. I have not taken a quilting class in over 10
years and am wondering if things have changed since then. At that
time, the student was responsible for bringing their own...
Forum: Quilting September 22nd 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Marilyn
Insulated Window Treatments

Thank you. The Shades of Comfort Book is the one I was looking for.
I'll pass that on to my customer.

Marilyn

On Sep 21, 5:18*pm, jennellh wrote:
I used the google...
Forum: Quilting September 21st 08, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Marilyn
Insulated Window Treatments

I have had a couple of people into my quilt store looking for the book
that was featured in a quilt magazine not to long ago on how to make
quilted, insulated shades for the windows. They function...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Marilyn
Mystery Quilt Part 2

Mickie,

Not to be too eager to complete the mystery quilt, can you give me an
idea of how many parts there are to the quilt?

Marilyn

On Sep 1, 10:10*pm, "Mickie Swall" wrote:
Forum: Quilting August 14th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Marilyn
Your Comfort Zone

The ruler is call the x-block ruler. You create a 9 patch then put
the ruler on the patch and cut around it. When squares are put
together, it will give you a zig-zap look to your quilt. One of...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 08, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Marilyn
Your Comfort Zone

I stepped out a couple of weeks ago while making a display for my
shop. The blocks ended up being about 3.5" with some pieces 3/4" of
inch when sewn in. I finished the wall hanging. Almost quite...
Forum: Quilting August 14th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Marilyn
Customer loyalty cards--possibly revisited

I have just pulled out the cards I have to see what they offer. I
realized that I have not been to a quilt shop that I have a card for
since 2005 or the last time I had it punched was then. It is...
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Marilyn
VERY OT Window a/c???

It might be as simple as putting in or vacuuming the air filter. When
I had a new home and all of 28 years of age who had rented or lived at
home for the prior 28 years, I had no clue there was an...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Marilyn
Houston, I Think We Have a Quilter

On Aug 1, 10:21*pm, elspeth wrote:
http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=terribieber....

That is amazing!
Forum: Quilting May 2nd 08, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Quilt Show Admission... $$

We may be the exception but when we do our small show with no vendors
but a craft table of items donated by the quilt group, we have a
donation jar and then someone selling raffle tickets right next...
Forum: Quilting February 2nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Marilyn
Border print fabrics

On Feb 1, 11:51 am, jennellh wrote:
Hi Marilyn, you might benefit from watching Jackie Robinson's video
lesson on working with border...
Forum: Quilting February 1st 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Marilyn
Border print fabrics

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I hadn't had my cup of coffee this
morning.

Here is a link to one of them which seems pretty simply to decide what
to do....
Forum: Quilting February 1st 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Marilyn
Border print fabrics

Here is a link to one of them which seems pretty simply to decide what
to do. http://www.eeschenck.com/default.asp?SuperStore=348&s=348

The other one is an example as the lines aren't really...
Forum: Quilting February 1st 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Marilyn
Border print fabrics

I have picked up a print that is to be used as borders and has a
repeat border design going vertical across the WOF. Since I can cut
about 6 borders from the WOF, I'm wondering what is the best way...
Forum: Quilting October 28th 07, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Batting for Placemats?

If you have been thinking about replacing a mattress pad, the edges of
the old mattress pad would work well. I know a friend who uses them
for potholders and such so I would think they would work...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Marilyn
quilt show "how to" question

We have a combined indoor/outdoor show. And fortunately, for the past
3 years, we haven't had any rain on the day of the show.

We use a local little restaurant/could be B&B but it isn't one. ...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Quilt Shop Promotions

Being that I live at least 2 hours away from a quilt store and since
most online stores don't have any special promotions that keep
customers coming back, I was wondering what unique promotions...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Marilyn
OT Alaska cruise

On Mar 5, 12:51 pm, "Sherry Starr" wrote:
DH & I drove to Alaska about 15 years ago, and we are thinking of doing it
again this summer. We are also looking at cruises. I...
Forum: Quilting February 14th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Marilyn
Snowed in!!

Here in central Maine, it has been snowing for about 4 hours. 1.5" of
it on the ground. Bring it on as we too are set with food, water,
generator, etc.

All the surrounding schools were closed...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31