Showing results 1 to 25 of 63
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Midwest poster
Forum: Yarn December 17th 06, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Midwest poster
OT Puking kids (was: Pattern for the "cute boxy sweater")

"Shillelagh" wrote
I do, however - have one puke story. A number of years ago, when I and my
whole family were a lot younger (in other words, my kids were still at
home)..... ...
Forum: Yarn December 15th 06, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Midwest poster
Sock Heels, how many different ways?

Of all the books I could find in my library, I think "Cool Socks, Warm Feet"
by Lucy Neatby has the most useful information on knitting socks. She has
instructions for doing several heel styles...
Forum: Yarn December 14th 06, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By Midwest poster
Project Linus address

According to the website, they want blankets to be sent to a local chapter.
Before sending it off to the National Headquarters, I recommend you contact
them about the lack of response from the...
Forum: Yarn December 12th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Midwest poster
hi, from a newbie

"kero1au" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
I am Caroline from Adelaide in South Australia. I'm into spinning,
Forum: Yarn December 10th 06, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Midwest poster
How will this end?

"Aud" wrote in message
Just popping in after midnight;
The last two days I have done what my daughter told me:
Mum, you...
Forum: Yarn December 8th 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Midwest poster
Whatever happened to Gemini?

Greetings Gemini and welcome back to rcty. It's great to see you are still
"kicking". You didn't mention how you are feeling but I hope your health is
not any worse. You certainly had a terribly...
Forum: Yarn December 7th 06, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Midwest poster
Good "learning to knit" book?

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article ,
Midwest poster...
Forum: Yarn December 6th 06, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By Midwest poster
Good "learning to knit" book?

"B Vaughan" wrote in message
My aunt taught me to knit when I was a little girl. I knit a few
little things, but didn't keep...
Forum: Yarn November 30th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Midwest poster
They knit WHAT?????

"BB" wrote in message
Shillelagh wrote:
Saw this in a yarn store ad, and wished the blog "You Knit What?" was
still
Forum: Yarn November 30th 06, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Midwest poster
Grand-daughters Christmas jacket

"edna" wrote in message
I love seeing other peoples projects so thought I would post one of mine.
Made for my...
Forum: Yarn November 19th 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
Posted By Midwest poster
Picture of the Sweater

Well done, Shelagh. I love the design; where did you find it?

--
Jan in MN

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I've finished the Christmas...
Forum: Yarn November 12th 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By Midwest poster
Popping in to say hello!

"Aud" wrote in message
Sunday noon here, snow at the mountains, squals with hail.
Still working on my kitchen, just now: a...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By Midwest poster
Saturday a.m.

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Not much new here - I'm working on the Christmas gifts (sweater and
shawl)..... they're coming along and I...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Midwest poster
5 ft Stocking Hat

You have an odd number of stitches in a round so you do a K stitch at the
beginning and end of the first and all odd-number rounds but a P stitch at
the beginning and end of the second round and...
Forum: Yarn November 11th 06, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Midwest poster
*buying* Fair Isle socks

Not only are you a champion knitter, you are also a champion enabler.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

--
Jan in MN

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn November 5th 06, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Midwest poster
Stitches East, was seems you all oversleep from Haloween ?????

Thanks for the excellent report. Reading it was the next best thing to
having been there.

--
Jan in MN

"Richard Eney" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn October 28th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Midwest poster
An amazing picture

Thanks, Shelagh, that's a marvelous picture. You can get to more
information about the mittens and photos of 4 individual ones by clicking on
the link in the 4th paragraph under the picture. ...
Forum: Yarn October 9th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Midwest poster
Need help from the experts on Laceweight yarn

"Wooly" wrote
If you don't have a swift dragoon a housemate into holding the hank
for you. The other party can help control tangles &c as you wind off.
Others have suggested...
Forum: Yarn October 9th 06, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Midwest poster
Need help from the experts on Laceweight yarn

I can't answer your question but the Contact link on www.skaska.com gives an
email address and a phone number.

--
Jan in MN

wrote in...
Forum: Yarn October 8th 06, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By Midwest poster
OT Happy Thanksgiving

To all our Canadian friends here, I hope you enjoy the day and have
something to be thankful for.

--
Jan in MN
Forum: Yarn October 1st 06, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Christine - DON'T START THAT! Just doing you a favor so don't hit me,
please. LOL

--
Jan in MN

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
wrote in...
Forum: Yarn October 1st 06, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By Midwest poster
Class Today

Oooh, I am so envious. I wish our library would do that.

--
Jan in MN

"Alison" wrote in message
I took a free class...
Forum: Yarn October 1st 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Midwest poster
Large circular needles

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message

Shillelagh wrote:
Okay - I don't see any hats on their front page. I see a...
Forum: Yarn September 25th 06, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Midwest poster
No Hip Measurements?

"DAB" wrote in message
So far I have yet to see a sweater pattern that includes the hip
measurement......this seems strange to me, my hips...
Forum: Yarn September 16th 06, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Midwest poster
Hallo All

"jheller" wrote in message