Showing results 1 to 25 of 447
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Taria[_2_]
Forum: Quilting February 1st 10, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Qs about shirt fabrics and long-arm quilting

Yep, sure Polly, we all do that on purpose! ; )
Taria
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
( 'nuther note to self: It is not required...
Forum: Quilting February 1st 10, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Lap quilting hoops. Good or not?

I have one of those I also enjoy. I don't do a lot of hand quilting
but it is nice. I got one of the smaller hoops to use on it and
that has made it convenient for me.
I have enjoyed watching your...
Forum: Quilting January 31st 10, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT - but sewing related

I can't remember what you are working with but a LOT of
years ago we made kites and windsocks. I remember
using a soldering iron to cut/finish the fabric. I can't
remember any particulars but the...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Magazine subscriptions

Go Rhoda! I enjoy BHG quilting magazine too. I always
find something in it to inspire me. After many years I let
QNM go and actually was surprised to find I don't miss it.
I always enjoyed Helen...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 10, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Taria[_2_]
O/T Need prayers for DH

Cellulitis is painful and dangerous. Hope it is something else.
Either way good that he is being seen. Sending thoughts and
prayers your way.
Taria
"GrammyKathy" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 10, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT....................from Nana

Cindy, that storm that is heading your way was
pretty puny here. Hopefully it will not be as bad
as they think it will be there either. Today the sun
is out here. Weeding to do with the nice damp...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 10, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Taria[_2_]
free patterns

Nope a pattern isn't really necessary but people actually
pay money for turning twenty so I figure they might like
these too. They almost seem more puzzle piecing than
pattern really!
Taria

"Sandy...
Forum: Quilting January 27th 10, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Still a UFO, but less U than it was

That is a great sampler Lizzy. I noticed your Rocky cat. How
is he doing?
Taria
"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting January 27th 10, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT - Please donate blood and save a life!

Spinach? Worked for Popeye.
Dearest Jo and family it is so wonderful to hear you are home
together and better. You sure gave us all a scare. I sure
hope things stay stable. May you have many...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 10, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Another Surgery OFF TOPIC MOSTLY

I sure hope things start looking up Butterfly. Best wishes for
a good outcome Friday. Sending thoughts and prayers your
way.
Hugs, Taria
"Butterflywings" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 10, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria[_2_]
First Baby Quilt of 2010

I am working with a border on two sides of my tumbler and
I put a row of border fabric tumblers on those edges, cut them
in half and added the border. Hacking off still is tough.
Taria
"Patti"...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Taria[_2_]
I don't like this one little bit

I got one too, just one. I think it was last week.
I deleted it and then forgot about it.
Taria
"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 23rd 10, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria[_2_]
First Baby Quilt of 2010

Great stuff as always Joan. What a lucky baby to get that one.
I am fussing around with the border of my big tumbler and
trying to decide if I it should stay or go. Tumblers are really
fun. I'd...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 10, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT Soapbox

I have found some similar problems as I muck through trying to
feed people healthy.
I honestly think that such a huge amount of people just eat like
garbage anyway it probably doesn't matter. That...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 10, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT and VERY LONG - Knowing how to have fun...

Big hugs to you Rita. Hope the new stuff is better.
Taria
"Rita L in MA" wrote in message
...is clearly not a talent of mine!

Forum: Quilting January 21st 10, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Dress shirt quilt

I'm coming in late here EP but here is the quilt I made from
shirts from my BIL.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/desertquilter/3060299894/

Easy and doesn't look too bad. I think it was Alice W....
Forum: Quilting January 21st 10, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Jo's baby

Welcome to Tristan. I'm sorry his arrival was so tough for Jo.
Sending speedy well wishes and big hugs.
Taria
"Megwen" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 21st 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Taria[_2_]
pre-washing fabrics

You have my permission to go anytime Pat.
Probably warm and sunny there. Probably
good for my pocket book that I don't travel
well.
Taria
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 21st 10, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Da Weather

I checked on dad there in MV yesterday and things were just
a mess and wet but ok. He doesn't much get out so he is
happy to stay inside as long as the heater is working.
Right now it is SNOWING...
Forum: Quilting January 20th 10, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Taria[_2_]
OT wear an apron?

I like wearing aprons. I like just a basic one:
http://etherwork.net/ejmtph/sew/apron.html

I think the pattern I use is an old McCall's one
that is similar. Nice thing about the style is
dh (or...
Forum: Quilting January 20th 10, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Singer machine -again

The listing is gone but a 500 or 503 are great machines.
Another one for her to watch for that is very similar is a
400 or 403.
Taria
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 10, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Taria[_2_]
??Bamboo batting??

I haven't used bamboo yet just because I want to see some
real feed back from quilts that have been around awhile.
I figure someone else will be the guinea pig with their
quilts. I would be hesitant...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 10, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria[_2_]
I feel like I came home!

Welcome home. Hope things are well with you and yours.
Taria
"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
So many names that look so familiar to me...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 10, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Quilts for Kids Kits

That is wonderful. Sometimes it just is nice to sew. No
design thinking or math, just sew. It seems doing charity
sewing is the best way to get out of a slump and become
inspired.
Taria
"Mickie...
Forum: Quilting January 18th 10, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Taria[_2_]
Road to California

That is really cute. It is nice to see a quilt that is
pieced and quilted by one person. Those seem to
be getting more rare. Hopefully we will see more
from her.
Thanks for the link.
Taria
"Sandy...