Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: FSUStitcher
Forum: Needlework October 20th 17, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By FSUStitcher
How many strands of floss are the equivelant to pearl cotton size 3

I can't find pearl cotton size 3 in the color I want to use for a project. If I substitute embroidery floss how many strands do I need to use. TIA
Forum: Needlework September 28th 11, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By FSUStitcher
Shops in Palo Alto, Ca

I going to Palo Alto for a few days in mid-October. I know that
members of rctn can give me some great ideas of what needlework shops
aren't to be missed. I am planning to go to Lacis in Berkley,...
Forum: Needlework April 15th 11, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By FSUStitcher
OT- check out Ken Clark in Urinetown on YouTube

The Aunt is at it again. If you want to see and hear my amazing
nephew, go to YouTube and search for Ken Clark and Urinetown. He
opened last night at the Connecticut Rep. Theater in Storrs, CN. ...
Forum: Needlework March 5th 11, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By FSUStitcher
Planning a dream trip-needlework related

Okay, here's the deal, my bff and I are planning a trip around the US
next summer after she retires. In addition to the usual sights, we
want to stop at as many LNS, and beading, and quilting, and...
Forum: Needlework November 17th 10, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By FSUStitcher
VOT--Bragging, again

Bustin' my buttons again! DN, Ken, is finishing up his run at the
White Plains PAC in "Wallenberg, the Musical Drama" on the 21st. Just
got confirmation that he has signed a contract to play Roger...
Forum: Needlework October 16th 10, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By FSUStitcher
Totally OT - Attention White Plains, NY

The aunt is coming out of lurkdom to brag again. My DN, Ken, is going
to be in the world premire of "Wallenberg" opening at White Plains
Performing Arts Center on Oct. 28. According to the...
Forum: Needlework January 30th 10, 06:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By FSUStitcher
Furry Floss?

On Jan 18, 2:26*pm, "Lucille" wrote:
A met a friend in the supermarket this morning and she asked me for an
interesting floss to finish a needlepoint picture of a girl...
Forum: Needlework January 30th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By FSUStitcher
Stash from Lena Rose arrived

On Jan 30, 12:41*pm, lewmew wrote:
On Jan 30, 10:28*am, Gill Murray wrote:

The other day there was an announcement from Lena Rose...
Forum: Needlework July 2nd 07, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By FSUStitcher
On Topic: The Embroiders' Story

On Jun 26, 2:52 pm, m&m wrote:
Check this out:http://www.plimoth.org/
Look towards the right side and you'll see the link to The Embroiders'
Story. It's a blog about the...
Forum: Needlework January 16th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By FSUStitcher
Looking for web site-needlework books for sale

Thanks Michelle--

That's the one. I have registered. It's a "good s.e.x thing".

FSUStitcher

MichelleM wrote:
Hi Cheryl,

Interweave Press does have an annual "hurt book" sale where we sell
Forum: Needlework January 15th 07, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By FSUStitcher
Looking for web site-needlework books for sale

Can someone remember the name of the company that has a big sale on
needlework books each year in January? I thought it was Interweave
Press, but checking their web site found nothing listed. I...
Forum: Needlework September 11th 06, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By FSUStitcher
cupboards full of doilies etc what to do with them

The Lady Gardener wrote:
Time for a public confession - I am a hoarder. I have hundreds of lovely
embroidered or crocheted doilies that have some how accumulated in my
cupboards.

I am not...
Forum: Needlework September 11th 06, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By FSUStitcher
OT (sort of, maybe) Bleached a "use No Bleach" top

Oops--I washed a cotton/lycra top in Oxyclean and it now has pale
yellow stains all over it. Should I try and soak it in some more Oxy
or just put in the "weeding the flowers" pile? TIA for...
Forum: Needlework September 11th 06, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 28
Posted By FSUStitcher
Preventing linen from fraying

mickey wrote:
lewmew wrote:
In a pinch, if you have enough extra to be able to trim later, masking
tape will do.

Now that's an idea. I could tape it now, then sew it when my...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14